- Text Size +

 

 

Nick scratched his head in confusion as the kids ran in front of him, dripping wet after coming from his pool. Brian came over for a visit and he brought Baylee along. Kristin also dropped by and she brought her nephew of whom instantly became friends with Brian’s son. The two kids joined Aaron at the pool while the others were at the living room and watching DVD. “Watch out for the floor. It’s slippery.” He called out to the little boys. He went to the kitchen to grab a floor mop and went to wipe the floor dry.

He heard the doorbell rang and AJ yelling out to wait. It must be the pizza, he thought, as he went down the hall towards the front door. He saw AJ’s back and talking to somebody. “Who is it?” He asked.

AJ glanced at him and then opened the door wider. Nick stopped when he saw Prince William at the front steps. “Geez, come inside before anyone sees you.” He frowned as he takes the mop back into the kitchen. He heard the cordial – and surprised – greetings at the living room when AJ introduced the newcomer. His friends asked William about his relation with Nick.

“I’m friends with Victoria.” William told them. “I’d like to speak with Nick.” he added just as Nick comes back.

“This is the way to my office.” Nick said as the prince followed him down the hall. The others who were left behind exchanged curious glances.

“What brings you here?” Nick asked as soon as he closed the door behind him. William is looking around the office and nodded appreciatively. The prince turned to him.

“It’s about my sister. You need to get back to her.”

“She doesn’t want me.”

“You know that’s not true.” William said. “You know that Victoria loves you and she did this to keep you safe. But I’m telling you, Nick. She’s nowhere near being happy when she made that decision. As much as she regretted it, she had to sacrifice. So that’s why I came here to tell you to go to her and bring her back.”

“I already tried that. They’re keeping her from me. I can’t even go through her family’s estate.” Nick said sadly. He sighed. “But I’m not giving up. Do you have any idea?”

“Yes.” William said with confidence. “All you have to do is to talk with her father. Sometimes, we tend to forget that the simplest thing is the easiest solution. You will talk to Dodi and clear out your intentions for Victoria. He is an overprotective father to Victoria. He protected her so much like she’s his own daughter.”

Nick nodded. “I just have to think of a way to get inside the estate.”

“I can help you with that too.”



~~~



“Where’s Victoria?” William asked when he saw Martin coming down the grand staircase.

“She’s upstairs,” Martin replied. “You didn’t tell that you’re coming, William. I should have asked someone to escort you from the airport.”

“There’s no need, sir. This is an emergency. By the way, I brought someone along with me.” William glanced to the door and urged Nick to come in. Martin was surprised to see him but didn’t say anything. “Forgive me if I broke your rule, Sir, but I believe that things must be settled. I love my sister and I’m doing this for her.” William added.

“May I speak with you then, Sir?” Nick asked. His face is full of uncertainty as he looked at this formidable man. That’s what Martin is for him. He’s always nervous around Victoria’s father.

Martin looked at him in a long time before taking him into the Sitting Room. Martin offered Nick some brandy but he refused to drink and thanked the older man instead. “I meant to talk to you about Victoria, Sir.”

“Of course. That’s why you’re here.” Martin replied. “I was surprised and I admit that I didn’t like your invasion to our privacy. I can sue you for that or worst, hired someone to keep you quiet for good although someone had almost did that already.”

Nick swallowed hard for what he just heard. Martin is a tough man who had connections everywhere. It is possible that he can seal his fate. But he had to fight for his love for Victoria. “I know, Sir, but I won’t regret what I did. I just did that because I love Victoria and I want to ease her troubles or whatever that’s bothering her. I know that she’s hiding something from me in which I cannot understand when we’re dating in London last year. I want to be with her and understand what she’s going through. I want to be with her through her joys and sufferings. I love her so much and I’m willing to take the bullet for her just to keep her safe.” Nick didn’t look away as he met the other man’s eyes. “The other thing I meant to tell you, Sir, is that I would like to inform you of my clear intentions towards your daughter. If she’ll let me, I’m going to marry her.”

“Nick?”

“Just like you, I want to spend my entire life loving the same woman and being beside her always, Sir. You can have me killed anytime you want but my good intentions were solely for Victoria. I want to protect her and be with her. If I have to prove it, I’ll do what it takes. I love her very much.”

Martin admired the courage of this young man and the risk he’s willing to take for his daughter. “You don’t know what you’re getting yourself into.” He said. “You will be in danger again, so is Victoria. I just wanted the best for her and for you. You won’t get into any harm if you leave right now and never see her again. I love my daughter and if this is hard for you and for her, it is for me and my wife too. You have to understand that we came to circumstances like this where we don’t have any control over our lives. You’re a famous man and I can’t risk my daughter to someone like you.”

“I beg to disagree. We live our own life and we control it, Sir. And it’s better to fight for our love than never at all.” Nick’s eyes met Martin’s. “I know that you loved your wife so much that you gave up your own life to live with her and start anew. It’s something that I know Victoria has been hoping for, and so do I. I longed for that love and I found my happiness with Victoria. I couldn’t imagine my life without her. I lived for her. I love her and I want to marry her. I’m going to take care of her. I will do everything for her. And I’m going to ask for your blessing to allow me to ask her to marry me and if she accepts, your guidance as her father.” Nick pondered a lot about his decision and came to a point that he is now ready to consider marriage. He wanted it and he wants Victoria. He loves her and he will do anything just to be with her, even if it takes for him to get through her strict father.

“What if I don’t give that to you?” Martin stood firm.

Nick drew a deep breath as a tear fell down from his face. “Then I guess you just don’t really love your daughter at all but yourself.”

Chapter End Notes:
please read and review. ;) mwah!