- Text Size +

 

Victoria finished her makeup and surveyed herself on the mirror. She needs to get out of her room and try to get on with her life. She's going back to her own house. She knows that Nick is trying to talk to her but he can't get through the security. She cried in joy when she learned that from the butler but even though she wanted to see him too, she made a promise not to. She walked out of her bathroom when she heard a knock on the door.

She was surprised to see her twin standing outside. "Wills! What are you doing here?"

"I'm your genie in the bottle, my darling sister." William smiled and kissed her on the cheeks. He embraced her. "Oh, god. I missed you, Vicky."

"I missed you too. And what do you mean by being the genie in the bottle?" She went out of the room and they walked down the hall.

"I've granted your wish, Vicky. Nick is downstairs talking with Dodi." William said. Just as he tells that, Victoria began to move but he quickly caught her arm. "Oops, just a moment. I need you to promise me something first."

"What?"

"You're going to break your promise to your father and you will fight for your love. Because you will be bloody damned if you don't give yourself the only happiness you could ever have."

Victoria stared at her brother. "Louis, that's hard. Nick will be threatened once again and -"

"Don't let everything that Nick's done for you downstairs go to waste. I think he's there talking and asking for your hand from Dodi. He took all the courage he had to face your father today." William said. He let go of her arm and watched as his sister quickly ran down the hall. "They are at the Sitting Room!" He yelled when Victoria loudly asked where Nick is. She never answered her promise but William knew that she will do just that.

Victoria's heart beats faster as she makes her way towards the Sitting Room. She missed Nick so much and she's very excited to see him again. She stopped when she reached the door and pressed her ears against it to listen to what is going on inside.

"... I couldn't imagine my life without her. I lived for her. I love her and I want to marry her. I'm going to take care of her. I will do everything for her. And I'm going to ask for your blessing to allow me to ask her to marry me and if she accepts, your guidance as her father." She heard Nick say. Oh, tears started to well up in her eyes but she firmly held it back. Her makeup. She had to look good when she faces Nick.

"What if I don't give that to you?" Her father replied. Oh, Dad. Don't make this hard for us. Victoria prayed.

There was silence after that and then she heard Nick reply. "Then I guess you just don't really love your daughter at all but yourself." Victoria gasped when he said that. That's just a wrong turn. She immediately opened the door just in time to see her father walking towards Nick. His fist hits the other man's face.

Dad! No, please."

The two men turned when they heard her. Nick is holding his jaw as he tries to get up from the floor. Victoria went to him and checked on him. She takes out her handkerchief and wiped off the blood from his mouth. She missed him. She missed these lips that she longed to kiss. She missed his presence in her life. She turned to her father. "I'm backing out from my promise, Dad. I won't let anyone get in the way of my happiness. I love Nick and I will never leave him again. I don't want to go through the agony of being separated from him again."

"That bastard has no respect for me, Victoria!"

Victoria stood beside Nick. "He didn't do it on purpose. Dad, he loves me. Can you just be happy for us?"

Nick held her hand to shush her. He turned to Martin. "Sir, I made a wrong remark on the last one. I came here with my good intentions of my love for your daughter. I love her and I know, you love her too. I understand that you both wanted our safety. I understand that we are in a complicated matter that neither of us has the power to change it but we can control our lives. I am a responsible person, Sir. I'm going to keep your secret up to my grave. I'm going to take care of your daughter too. All I'm asking now is your blessing to grace my decision to ask Victoria to marry me. There's nothing more I can ask for."

Victoria looked at the sincerity in Nick's eyes and found it really genuine. Her heart swelled with pride to witness him professing his love for her and trying to be brave against her father and his disagreement over him. She turned to other man, the only father she's known of and deeply loved. She respected and adored him. She longed to find a man who will love her as much as her father does to her mother. Nick is here and he's willing to risk his life for her, just to be with her. 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Have a blessed Thanksgiving everyone! Please read and review. ;)