- Text Size +

 

Not the Royal Girlfriend'

William grinned as he reads the story on the headlines in an old issue of the morning paper. Harry made the front page again - almost. Because this time, their secret sibling, Victoria, was assumed to be linked with Harry when paparazzi caught him dining in an exclusive restaurant in Los Angeles, California months ago. But it turned out that everything has been a wrong assumption and Victoria is actually currently dating a famous American celebrity. For the first time, Victoria's name reached the British headlines but only as part of what's happening in Harry's life. If they only knew, William thought. Sometimes he wondered what would be the world's reaction if they learn that there are actually twin heirs to the English crown. He wished things weren't so complicated. He longed for his twin, as much as he longed for his mother, but it would really be impossible.

"Her name shouldn't be linked with Harry's!" William heard his father's outburst when Charles saw him holding the newspaper. He just listened and didn't say anything. He already knows where the topic will lead to: creating another headline to divert media's attention from Victoria. Since she was linked to Harry, the paparazzi made a growing interest on her. William had a diversion: his wife is pregnant. But he's in the mood to irate his father more. He will only tell it to him later.

"The media will investigate on her private life -"

"Relax, Papa. I thought you did the best cover-up for that?" William interrupted his father. "If they investigate, they'll know that Victoria is a daughter of wealthy entrepreneurs in America, in which is actually her adoptive parents right now. Don't worry. I've met her parents and I know that they are very protective of Victoria." Because it's actually Mum and Dodi and they have to protect themselves too, William silently added to himself. Of course, Charles should not know about the 1997 car crash cover-up. William knows that his father has something to do with his mother's death threats before.

The two turned in surprise when the door of the private office suddenly opened and Victoria stormed in, followed by Donald, Charles' chief security.

"I'm sorry, Your Royal Highnesses. I told her that you cannot be disturbed on a private meeting but she still insisted and forced herself in here." Donald said and motioned the guards to take Victoria out. A group of policemen were already there at the entrance of the office.

"Don't touch me or else, everyone's going to regret what I got to say," Victoria said before anyone could reach her. She's standing firm to where she is, her head held up high and met her twin's and her father's look.

William cleared his throat and stood up from his chair. "It's alright. Leave us," he ordered the men. Although they were still concerned of their safety, they reluctantly followed the prince as William closed and locked the doors behind them. "Hi, Victoria." He greeted his twin after a few moments of silence.

"Hello, Louis," Victoria replied but her eyes rested on their father. "Same to you, Papa."

"I don't have a daughter. What do you want?" Charles asked instead. "What did you do to reach your way here?"

"Is that the way to greet your only daughter of whom you just met for the first time?"

"I don't have a daughter." Charles repeated.

Victoria rolled her eyes while William couldn't help but glare at their father. "And I don't have a scum of a father like you," His twin retorted. William wanted to cringe at his twin's hatred towards Charles. No one talks to the Prince of Wales like that. a33;I came here to tell you that this is a very historical day. It will be the first and the last time wea33;ll see each other. I'm throwing out the fact that you are my biological father. I'm not going after my right to be heir to the throne. I dona33;t want to belong in this family. Anyway, you had enough scandals to last you another one or two lifetimes and it will be just too pitiful if Ia33;d show up and expose to the world how have you been a a33;reala33; father to me, to William and Harry. Thata33;d be my most heartfelt dream of ruining you but unfortunately, Ia33;m not like you. Ia33;m not a bad person. I want to live in peace. I just came here to say thank you for being the reason of my very existence but thata33;s all.a33; She talked so fast that the two men were too astounded to speak.

Victoria nodded to her twin as her cue to leave. "I'm getting married. I'll send you my invitation, Wills, and if you can make it without any hassle, fine with me."

"Send my regards to my brother-in-law. I'm looking forward to meet Nick again."

"Yes. He's a wonderful man."

Charles laughed mockingly. "Foolishness. You're just like your Mum."

"Yes. I am, may God bless her. And so back off!" Victoria snapped which caught Charles in surprise. She turned back to William. "I know Nick loves me and so do I. Goodbye, twin brother." She kissed William on the cheeks then without a word to their father, she walked out of the office. William intends to follow his sister out but Charles called him.

"I don't think there's anything more important to talk about for now, Papa. If you will excuse me, I intend to follow and see my sister go even for the last time. And then, I'd like to go home to my wife. In case you didn't know, she is pregnant. Tell that to media and leave Harry and Victoria in peace." Then William left, leaving their bewildered father alone and pondering on the things he has done in the past.



~~~~



"Stop it right there," Victoria instructed her chauffeur when the car passed through the gates of Buckingham Palace. The driver followed his mistress and stopped by the Victoria Monument. She went out as soon as the car halted and walked over towards the man she saw standing among the people passing by. She can never miss that face even among the crowd.

"Are you following me?" She asked him. He casually stood there with hands on the pockets of his jeans.

Nick smiled and ran his fingers through his soft blonde hair. "I asked your Mom about your whereabouts. If I stalk you, are you going to sue me?"

"No." Victoria smiled. "But you didn't tell me that you're coming to London, too. You're supposed to be back home and helping the others prepare our wedding." On the day where Nick got into the estate through William's help, he tried so hard as to convince Martin of his clear intentions to protect and love Victoria with all his life. Victoria's father gave in and granted his blessing for them to marry. He even promised them that he will talk to the members of the underground society to protect Nick because he's going to be part of the family. The couple was very happy to hear that and they were grateful to Martin.

Nick rolled his eyes. "That's why we hired wedding planners, Victoria. And you know that I am with you wherever you are. I don't want you leaving again without me beside you. I'm going to impose that rule from now on." He takes her hand and kissed it. The engagement ring he gave her is shining brightly against the sunlight. He looked at her and bents down to kiss her on the lips. He looked around. "Well, this is the city where we first met and it's very memorable to me. So, how did it go with your father?" Nick asked her. Victoria drew a deep breath as she glanced back to the palace where she's been to. Somehow, she thought she saw her father looking through one of those windows.

Nick leaned closer to kiss her on the lips. "You're perfectly fit to be this country's princess. Then I'll never get to know you. I'll probably be meeting another woman instead, but not as wonderful as you." He whispered to her. "Then my heart will be broken again until I finally found the woman who loves me as I am and never cared who and what I did while you, will keep up on those royal engagements. And if it happens that way, the royal family will have bigger problems of whom between you and William should be the next sovereign." Nick shrugged. He wrapped his arms around her waist. "Then I'll just stare on the sidelines, watching you and I don't even care." He looked down at her, gazing lovingly at her beautiful face. "Because I don't give a damn about royalty, Victoria. We may even meet but I don't care if you're a princess or not. If that happens, I will never be able to find the true love and only happiness that I only found in you."

Victoria's eyes blurred from the tears that are tempting to fall in any moment soon. Nick gently wiped it dry. She shook her head. "Nah. I'll never be like that. I just came to see him for the first and last time and gave up my claim to the throne. I don't have any plans of ruining my own life because I intend to start anew, and you're going to be on it." They kissed once again. But this time, with such longing and passion that Victoria thought Nick is the very air she breathes. They didn't mind that they are in the middle of a park and there were people passing by and now casting them curious glances.

"I highly approve of your decision," Nick said after a while of kissing her. "No matter how painful you had in the past, let me have the chance to give you the joys of a good life with me in the years to come, Victoria."

Victoria stared at him. "Do you remember back when I toured you in the Tower of London and mentioned to me about believing in destiny? I said that I didn't know you still believed in destiny, Nick. And I thought by then that things happen for a reason. Meeting you is one of the best things that ever happened to me. I love you." They kissed again.

"I love you, Victoria. I promise you, in front of your great-great-great grandmother, that I'll love you, honor and cherish you for the rest of our lives."

"You're corny, Nick!" Victoria laughed as she glanced at the monument and hugged him. "Anyway, did you know that I'm so happy right now? I want to scream!" And she said it really loud. Nick laughed. He pulled her in an embrace again. "I felt so happy, and I felt so free. I'm glad that I'm here and not there." She pointed the Buckingham Palace. It stands so majestic in its bright light colors at that time of the day.

"Me, too." They kissed once again. "So, princess, are you ready to be my wife?"

"Yes," Victoria instantly replied and met his waiting lips with a tantalizing kiss of so much hunger and passion. The people around who's been watching and had their attention on them clapped their hands and cheered. Nick closed his eyes and embraced Victoria closer, and much closer to his heart. Because she's the one. They've beaten the odds along the way. In the future, he knew that he will be holding her hand as they stood beside each other to brace whatever obstacle they will meet along the way - against all odds. Softly, he heard her sigh. "Forever I'm yours, Nick."

"And I, to you."

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Thank you for reading! ;)