- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
FROM THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER: Nick managed to get a date as well from Victoria through the help of AJ. Meanwhile, Victoria's brothers were waiting when she and her mother got home from lunch with Nick. The feelings of being unwanted, as well as rejection, spurred once again.

 

 

“And those are the Crown Jewels,” Victoria said to Nick as they stood in front of the said royal treasure who were put on public display. As they stood there, the guards standing nearby cast curious glances to Victoria as if they have seen the ghost of some late famous princess.

“That’s cool. How much do you think it was worth?” Nick asked her as he eyed the crown in scrutiny.

“The absolute value on all of those precious stones on the royal collection is way beyond comprehension, Nick. It can also be considered priceless considering that it has been worn and used by kings and queens of England. It’s been a national treasure.” Victoria explained to him. “During medieval times, Crown Jewels were the personal property of the sovereign and it was fairly a common practice to pawn them or use them as security for loans in times of war.”

“You seemed to know a lot about this.” Nick said as they started to walk down the hall.

“Yes, like as if I was destined to wear it someday,” Victoria replied with a smile.

Nick looked at her. “Well, I think it would look good on you. But then if that would have happened, I’ll never get to meet you like this because you have to stick yourself up with those royal engagements and it will be impossible that our destinies will clash.”

Victoria stared at him. “I didn’t know you still believed in destiny, Nick.” They continued walking. Things happen for a reason, she thought. Meeting Nick may have a reason. “But you’re probably right, Nick.” She added.

Nick smiled. “So, where’s the next stop?”

“Kensington Palace,” Victoria replied. Nick takes her hand and they walked together outside the Tower of London. “It was used to be the home of mo-“ She paused and turned to Nick.

“What’s the matter?” Nick, still holding her hand, used his other hand to brush aside her brown hair. “You can use my cap to keep your hair from your face.” He gave her the cap he’s using.

“Thanks. How about you?” She noticed that Nick is starting to attract attention but the other one didn’t mind.

“I don’t care, as long as you’re with me,” Nick gave her a quick kiss on the lips. Victoria smiled at him.

“Thanks again. I’m just a little worried because Kensington Palace used to be Princess Diana’s home and if we go there and saw me, the people there might just freak out. I don’t really see myself looking like her, I just wonder why would other people sometimes see her in me. I just don’t really look like her.” She sighed.

“No, you don’t look like her. Do you still want to go?” Nick watched her look away, deep in her thoughts, and then turned back at him. Something’s bothering her, he thought. “We can go somewhere else if you’re not comfortable with it. Maybe we can just go shopping.”

“Alright. That’s probably better, Nick.”

After their tour, Nick took Victoria to the first social place he’s been to when he first visited London: the Purple Club at Chelsea. “We’ll take a nice time before I’ll take you home,” Nick told Victoria as they entered the private establishment. It’s been famously known as the place where celebrities and the wealthy would usually go. Victoria has been there many times with her friends before but this night, the place seemed different for her. She thought she could feel a romantic ambience filling in to the restaurant. She glanced at Nick.

“I had a good time. Thanks,” Nick added as soon as they settled themselves in a corner table. “I hoped you did too.”

“Of course,” Victoria smiled. She couldn’t help it but be caught in Nick’s charms. No matter how she tried to fight it, she can’t deny that she’s attracted to him. And she never gets bored with him. He always had something to talk about, something to joke about that she enjoyed his companionship.

“Excuse me.”

Victoria’s smile faded when she glanced up and saw who has come to their table. It’s no other than Prince William, heir to the British throne. Victoria didn’t expect him approaching their table. “Hi, I’m William Windsor,” the prince said to Nick as the two shook hands.

“I’m Nick and this is Victoria, my friend,” Nick said in awe. It’s not everyday that he will be approached by a Prince William, especially that he’s been here in London numerous times when on tour with the Backstreet Boys. He saw a look of affection that the prince is giving Victoria and Nick suddenly felt a pang of jealousy when he realized that the prince might be interested in her and as a powerful person, William can use his position to lure any woman he chose to. Nick is just some famous American pop singer and may not stand a chance against the prince of England.

“Oh, yes. I knew her. She’s my friend too,” William said, his eyes still on Victoria.

“We met through a friend who was his classmate in St. Andrews, Heather Morrison,” Victoria filled in. “How are you? It’s been a long time, Wills.”

“Same old stuff going on, Vicky. I’m glad you’re enjoying yourself tonight.” William turned to Nick as Victoria had the urge to drink her glass of water. Her mouth went dry for suddenly being in a tense situation. She couldn’t help it. “Take care of her. She’s almost like a sister to me.” William continued. Both men turned when Victoria almost choke on her water. “Are you alright?” The prince chuckled.

Nick smiled, heaving a sigh of relief when William said the last one. He ran a hand along Victoria’s back as she wipes her mouth. “Anyway, do you want to join us for dinner?” He asked the prince. “Re-acquaint with your old friend.”

William grinned. “I think I’ll pass, Nick. I was about to leave when I saw Victoria. It’s been rare to see her since she lives in the States so I took the opportunity now. I have to go then. Have a nice supper,” William leaned down to kiss Victoria on the cheeks then waved goodbye to Nick.

“It’s been nice meeting you, William.”

“Likewise,” then the prince turned to leave. Nick heard Victoria heaved a sigh of relief and turned to her.

“You looked tense,” he noticed. “Are you alright?”

Victoria just nodded. “I’m fine. I’ve been better.”



~~~



“Victoria…” Nick softly called out when he saw her at the park. They agreed to meet again the next day. He was so excited to see her again that he only had a few hours sleep of just thinking of her.

Victoria smiled and took the hand he extended to her. They walked hand in hand at the park. “How are you?”

“I’m good,” Nick laughed. “Howie and AJ went on their own expedition around London. I excused myself, telling them that I’ll be seeing you again.” They found a nice spot on the grass and sat together. They sat in silence for a while, just savoring the surroundings. It wasn’t even boring. Nick wondered why it was never boring to be with Victoria even if they came to quiet situations like this. The dinner last night was wonderful. They talked a lot about anything and then they would be quiet for a while. Moments later, Nick would crack a joke and they will be talking once again.

“I’m sorry. I must have ruined your vacation time with your friends.” Victoria bit her lower lip.

“Hey, it’s alright. They understand. I don’t want to pass up this chance to spend time with you anyway. I’d like to know you better and be your friend. Is that alright with you?”

“It’s okay.” Victoria smiled. Silence came between them again. “Have you ever wondered what to do when all that snow in the North Pole will melt?” She asked suddenly.

Nick smiled. Her question surprised him but he likes it when women asked him something unusual. It makes their time together different. “Well, obviously there’ll be lots of flood everywhere. I don’t want to think of the negativity of the situation but that can possibly happen especially with the way we pollute the air, right?” Victoria nodded at that. “What I was thinking is basically to help in the way I could.”

“You’ll sing?” She laughed and she let Nick pull her to him to lean against his shoulder.

“Donate from my own pocket to support those who need financial help.” Nick replied. “Or maybe, join some organization’s house project and help build more homes. Or maybe, volunteer myself to help in the United Nations. We all need to unite for the welfare of others. How about you?”

“I’ll do the same.” She looked down at their hands entwined against each other. Nick raised it and kissed it. It just seemed to be right, to be with him at this moment. Although it’s been fast, she actually liked the way things are going between them. She felt very comfortable around Nick and she enjoyed the few times she spent with him.

“Have you ever wondered what does the Aurora Borealis looks like?” Victoria asked again after a few moment of silence.

“Aurora Borealis?” Nick thought for a moment, trying to recall what it is. “Oh, that. Maybe if I can survive to live in the North Pole, I will know what does it looks like.” He tightened his grip on her hand. “Here’s another thing: what will you do if you are the queen of England for a day?” He asked her.

Victoria smiled. “Well, I’ll impose the reduction of housing and land tax, especially for those who are working hard for their families. I will impose a law against paparazzi. And then, I will make a decree that there should be no interference in the war of the US against terrorism. I don’t like war.”

“But you can’t prevent it.” Nick looked at her. “Just like when you can’t prevent yourself from being hungry.”

“You’re hungry? We just got here.” Victoria chuckled.

Nick chuckled too. He showed her a smile she’d seen in her best friend’s posters. “I need to feed my tummy. It’s growling.”

“Haven’t you had breakfast?” Victoria raised an eyebrow. She playfully tapped his stomach. Nick chuckled and turned to tickle her until he got her pinned to the ground. He found her spot and continued on tickling her. Victoria was laughing so hard.

“Stop, Nick.” She continued laughing. “S-stop.” But Nick didn’t. “Oh, God. Stop it.”

“Nobody touches my stomach unless I’m naked.” Nick laughed at his own joke. She turned her face to him and surprised him with a kiss. He stopped tickling her as the sensations of the kiss overwhelmed them both. Victoria wrapped her arms around his neck as their kiss went deeper. “That’s amazing,” Nick said moments after they pulled apart. He’s still on top of her.

Victoria grinned. “That’s my diversion tactic. See, you stopped tickling me.” She winked.

“Oh, yeah. It worked because I liked kissing you better than tickling you…” Nick leaned forward as he captured her mouth for another kiss. “Let’s go out for dinner again, Victoria.”

“Where would you like to take me?”

Nick laughed. “McDonalds.” Victoria laughed too as she reached out to kiss him again.