- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Rated: PG13
Genre: Drama/Romance
DISCLAIMER: This story is purely fan fiction only and none of the events mentioned here have happened or related to what happened in real life. This is only upon the imagination of the author.




FROM THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER: Nick decided to stay longer in London to be with Victoria but Howie and AJ reminded him of his responsibility to his career. He told Victoria about meeting her in California. He also met her father. After that, Nickand Victoria agreed to meet the next day in Harrods but Victoria didn't show up.

 

 

A year after…

“So, what’s the score between you and Nicole?” Clark asked as he and Nick watched a beach volleyball game going on at the beach. It’s Saturday and the two found time to relax, away from the hazards of office meetings and recording studios. Clark is Nick’s childhood friend and is currently working as a sound engineer in the recording studio where the Backstreet Boys are currently polishing up the final touches on a new album.

Nick laughed at his best friend’s question. “Man, don’t you find it weird if you dated a woman who’s almost has the same name as yours? Besides, I really don’t find Nicole charming enough to catch my attention.”

Clark smiled. “Yeah, it figures. Anyway, I’m just asking.” He looked at his watch. “By the way, my girlfriend’s coming over here to join us. You’ll finally meet her.”

Nick nodded. Clark has been telling him about a wonderful woman he met two months ago and dated ever since. He never met her. “Where did you say the two of you met?”

“At the mall,” Clark replied. Nick glanced at his friend. He suddenly remembered the last time he’s about to meet someone at a mall, on the other side of the world, and didn’t showed up for some reason he doesn’t even know. He couldn’t understand why it happened. He had questions but he didn’t know where to find Victoria. He’s been so mad at her that he immediately flew out of London with the guys the next day without any hesitation. He promised himself that if ever he and Victoria will meet again, it would be like he never met her. He will try to avoid her as much as he can. Yeah, he wished he can really do that.

“Hi, Clark.”

Nick’s heart suddenly beats faster when he heard that familiar voice. He turned to see Victoria kissing Clark on the lips. Speaking of the devil, the woman in his thoughts is coincidentally here. When she looked up, a surprised look crossed her lovely face upon seeing Nick.

“Nick, this is my girlfriend, Victoria.” Clark said, oblivious to what’s about to heat up. Nick stood up and shook hands with Victoria, acting as if they just met. “And Victoria, this is my best friend, Nick.”

“We already met,” Victoria told her boyfriend. “In London last year, actually. But it didn’t last long. I left the city in a short notice by then.”

“Oh, that’s why.” Nick said in a low voice. He picked up his bottle of light beer then turned to Clark. “Hey, man. I don’t want to be rude. But, you know, I remembered I still have to take my dogs to the vet.” He turned to Victoria. “It was nice meeting you again, Victoria.”

Clark nodded. “Yes, man. Take care.”

Nick immediately went off as Victoria watched him leave. He’s still mad, she thought silently. She turned back to her beau, trying to erase Nick from her mind. “What’s the score, babe?”



~~~



Nick drew a deep breath as he heard the couples talking and laughing in the recording studio. He looked up from the Dan Brown book he’s reading and saw his friends with their partners. It wasn’t Valentine’s Day and yet, it seems like everyone is paired up with someone except him. Since last year, he never cared about having a girlfriend. Subconsciously, he only wanted Victoria.

And she is there in front of him, but in the arms of his best friend. Nick looked around. Kristin is there with Kevin. She’s scribbling something on a notebook while her husband is talking about his cat, Quincy. Leighanne is sitting beside Brian and he heard they were talking about getting Baylee an educational plan. Howie just walked out to meet his girlfriend outside. Alex is standing close with his girl friend, who he keeps on insisting that she’s just a friend although everyone thinks that Katie is a very special person to AJ. They were joking around with Clark and Victoria. Nick is the only one left unmatched. He returned to his reading.

“Nick, would you like to come with us?” AJ is suddenly in front of him.

“Where?” Nick glanced at his watch, trying to avoid looking up and see Victoria. The guys, except Clark, felt the awkwardness in the situation between him and Victoria and preferred to act that nothing’s wrong.

“Lunch,” AJ replied. Everyone was already on their way out except Kevin and Kristin who were still talking about Quincy as if the cat is a human being. The guys must have already planned about going lunch together. Nick saw Clark leaving Victoria for a while to go to one of the offices.

“You go along. I won’t come with you.” He told AJ as he looked at Victoria. AJ noticed that.

“Please, Nick. She’s Clark’s girlfriend now.” He told his friend in a low voice.

Nick saw Victoria turned his way and met his look. “Excuse me,” he said and closed his book. He stood up and went out of the studio. AJ followed him outside and watched him get inside his car.

Kevin saw the exchange and followed the two. “What’s wrong with that one?”

“Victoria.”

“What?” Kevin whispered and shakes his head.

“Ironic, isn’t it? He liked her a lot, more than he did among the others. Just imagine how he feels now seeing her with his best friend.”

“Did Clark know?”

AJ shrugged. “Probably not. This is crazy. I don’t want to think that a woman can go between his friendship with Clark.”

“Let’s not hope for things to come to worst.”