- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Rated: PG13
Genre: Drama/Romance
DISCLAIMER: This story is purely fan fiction only and none of the events mentioned here have happened or related to what happened in real life. This is only upon the imagination of the author.


FROM THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER: Nick met his best friend Clark's girlfriend and was surprised to learn that it is Victoria. It's hard for him to see her with his very close friend but he knew that hecouldn't anything about it, particularly to destroy his friendship with Clark.

 

 

“What?” Nick sighed heavily and looked at Clark. “Why, again, are you going to Barcelona?”

“Because I have to attend a convention there. What’s the matter with you, Nick? You seemed preoccupied.” Clark gave him a can of beer then settled himself near his friend. The two were in Nick’s living room. Nick is currently busy on his laptop, drafting some art sketch for his graphic presentation for Howie’s birthday. He just discovered some amazing media software from one of the sound engineers in the studio and they installed it on his laptop during his free time. He then decided to make a video montage for Howie.

“I’m getting this done, Clark. I’m sorry.” Nick saved his template then folded his laptop. He turned to Clark. “So, you’re going to Barcelona and you’re asking me to baby sit your girlfriend? That’s crazy, Clark. What do you want me to do? Cuddle her to sleep?” Nick laughed and drinks his beer. Clark grinned.

“Not exactly, Nick. I don’t want to leave her now but I still have to do my job. I think there’s something that’s bothering her lately. I don’t know. She won’t even tell me.” Clark looked at his friend. “Since you’ve met her before, I trust that you can look after her and see if she needed something.”

Nick didn’t reply. Clark can be odd sometimes. He’s the only man he knew that asked another man to look after his girlfriend. He couldn’t tell Clark that he was in love with his girlfriend. It just wouldn’t seem right to do it. “Maybe just PMS. My sisters were something like that when they were here to visit me. It’s just a phase at the time of their month.” He chuckled.

Clark shook his head. “No, I’m serious, man. I want you to watch over her for the meantime.”

“Sure thing, Clark.” His friend looked at him seriously. “Alright, I’m serious, man. I’m going to look after her.”

“Thanks, Nick. You know that I can really trust you.” Clark even gave his friend a pat on the back. Nick just drew a deep breath and drinks his beer. A tough week lies ahead, he thought.



~~~



“What?”

Clark sighed. “I’m going to Barcelona,” he said, missing out the part that he asked Nick to look after her. “It’s my job.”

“I haven’t seen you much, Clark. I just came from Egypt and now you’re leaving for Spain.” Victoria sits beside him.

“Well, you know how important my job is. Besides, you have your job too. We’re both busy.” He cuddled her closer to him. “I’m sorry, babe. I’ll go on vacation once Nick and his group released their album. I’ll promise you that. The preparation is the most crucial since we need to polish everything. I hope you understand.” He kissed her forehead.

Victoria only nodded. “Clark?”

“Yeah?”

“How long have you been friends with Nick?”

Clark smiled. “Since I was young, I’ve been his good friend. When he became a part of that group, he never forgot me. He took me on the road one time and that’s where I realized the career I wanted, to be in this industry like him. I made friends with the sound crew and learned the basics. When I get back to Florida, Nick called and offered me his house in California where I could stay and study. Not everyone knows about that, on how helpful and kind Nick is to his friends.” Victoria can see how Clark deeply cared for his best friend. She can also see how proud he is of Nick. “Right now, all I wished is for him to be happy. He deserved that. I’ve seen the things he’d gone through with his family and relationships. He’s been prejudiced most of the time and no one has the right to do that.”