- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
DISCLAIMER: This story is purely fan fiction only and none of the events mentioned here have happened or related to what happened in real life. This is only upon the imagination of the author.

FROM THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER:
Clark is going to barcelona as part of his job and entrusted Victoria to Nick, worried that something is bothering his girlfriend.

 

 

“I want ice cream.” Nick announced as he and his brother, Aaron, were cruising the boulevard after they went together for a body massage. Aaron groaned as Nick turns into the parking lot of the mall. Tyrone, his bodyguard sitting beside him, only chuckled. Marc and Lauren, the other bodyguards, are sitting with Aaron at the backseat.

“Ice cream again! Every time we go out, you’re always treating us to ice cream!” Aaron complained. “And then when we get home, you always rush to the bathroom because you need to let it out.” Nick is lactose intolerant, as what he wanted to believe that he is. He didn’t even have time to double check it with the doctor.

Nick laughed. “So what do you want instead?”

“I want to have a decent lunch.” Aaron replied.

“Okay, but I also want ice cream and pizza,” Nick compromised. He surrendered with a sigh. All of them went out of the car. As Nick started walking with his brother, he caught sight of a familiar brunette walking with a tall man donned with a red cap. He kept an eye on the couple as they made their way towards an SUV. The woman turned to the man and Nick recognized Victoria, and noticed that it was Prince William as the man she’s with. He frowned. How could Victoria do this to Clark? Nick turned to Tyrone and motioned him to get a move on with Aaron, who already walked ahead of them. He turned to the other way as he walked towards the two. Marc and Lauren closely followed him behind.

“Is this what you’re doing when Clark is not around? This is probably the reason why he asked me to look after you more often while he’s gone.” Nick said which surprised the two. William pulled Victoria behind him, and donned his cap a little higher to see Nick.

“Sorry, mate, but you got it wrong. You won’t understand. We’re not lovers or anything.” William patiently told Nick.

“Well, how could you explain that?” He turned to Victoria. “My best friend trusted you, I trusted you but it seems like you have the odd way of keeping our trust and even chose to be with this man. Is he the reason why you stood me up in Harrods last year? Just because he is a prince, that doesn’t mean that I can’t be anything better.”

William frowned. “What do you mean by that?”

“Stop it, Wills. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Just let him be,” Victoria stopped the prince before William can do anything more. Five men in suits approached them but Nick didn’t even show a bit of fear. He just looked at them then turned back to the other two. Nick’s own bodyguards stood closer and prepared for anything to happen. William told his bodyguards to stay back and assured no harm will happen.

“What is there that Clark and I didn’t know anything about?” Nick asked Victoria. The two looked at each other then to him.

“It’s rather complicated, Nick. But trust us that it’s nothing that will betray Clark.” William replied.

Nick frowned. “Are you and Victoria secretly going out?”

“No!” Both answered him at the same time. Nick raised both of his hands in surrender.

“I have a girlfriend back home.” William added.

“Alright, I give up. I think you just have to prepare to explain yourself to Clark, Victoria.” With a last shook on the head, Nick turned around and walked away. Victoria sighed in frustration and walked inside the SUV, followed by William.

“I just can’t tell him, you know.” Victoria said to William before the door has been closed by one of the bodyguards.



~~~~



“Hello, Vocks?” Nick said on the other line. As he made his way inside the mall to catch up with Tyrone and Aaron who stood there waiting for him, he immediately made a phone call to their trusted friend, Voltaire Kenova, who’s mostly known as Vocks to them. He’s been their former chief security as well as a former US Secret Service Agent in Vietnam together with Kevin and Brian’s granduncle. The Boys put their trust in Vocks most especially in dealing with private matters that needs background investigation. Now, Nick needs the help of their friend again.

“Nick, what about?”

Nick smiled shyly. “Well, sir, I am about to ask you something but it’s kind of different.”

“Everything’s different in this world, Nick, and that’s what makes us wonder about it. So, what’s your problem, kid?”

“I need you to investigate Victoria Frances-Montague.”