- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The restaurant...what is going to happen in the shadowy ''Ivy's'''?
He watched her expression and saw that she had lost her strong confidence. Now she seemed like a little girl- so needing to be protected.
‘’Yes, I am...does that scare you?’’ he tried to sound calming.

‘’No, I’m not really scared...I...I just never thought I would ever meet a backstreet boy...’’ she said and blushed. ‘’And how couldn’t I recognize you?’’ Because I was always drooling over Nick’s pictures...but Howie’s also cute. Extremely cute!!

‘’Maybe I’m not the most popular of the boys...’’he smiled and took the CD from her hands. But I hope this won’t cause you to reject my invitation...’’ he said quietly.
‘’No, it doesn’t...but wouldn’t your wife be angry that you spend the evening with me? I don’t want to affect your life...I just...’’ she stuttered.
‘’I’m not married; I even don’t have a girlfriend...since two years I’m completely single. Yes, you affect my life, but only positively. I guess even the fans would like to know that sometimes someone agrees to go out with me...’’ he smiled at her so sincerely that she just wanted to smile back. ‘’And now when this is clear, can we go?’’ he asked and inserted the CD in the CD in the player.

She started the engine and concentrated her gaze to road. Not for a second she looked at him in the passenger seat. I was wrong. He IS single. That still makes everything so difficult. And his voice...he sounds so wonderful.
He watched her every move with the steering wheel, she led the car gracefully through the crazy LA traffic. I should try to ask her if she’s taken. If I get to that point... But for now, he enjoyed even the fact that he was going out. Sure, it wasn’t a date as he would’ve wished, but anyways, he had the chance to be around her now.

Emylia hoped that the drive to Ivy’s would last longer, that she would not have to talk to him. She looked forward to the evening in the restaurant with mixed emotions. On the one hand, she will spend the evening with a great guy, on the other, she was always afraid to start new relationships. What am I thinking here even about the word ‘’relationship’’? That’s something that never works for me. Right now I only have one evening...and that could turn out good. Or? I have to see...

Stopping at Ivy’s and giving the car to the valet parking employee meant she had no way back. She felt her hands shaking lightly; there was that excitement she had felt back in high school going to a date with her crush. Calm down, this is not a date. Even if he is a super good looking pop star...and I can’t let my eyes off of him...

Howie saw her confusion so out of impulse took her hand. He felt a tremble run up and down her skin and he had to confess to himself that he liked the feel of her soft skin. She looked up at him and saw him smiling at her. She knew that the right thing to do would be to let him go, but she felt so calm while being around him.
‘’Can we go in now?’’ she asked, knowing that they couldn’t stand here forever.

‘’Yes, let’s go...’’ he loved how confused she looked, but still he just knew that standing here this way could just make him go crazy. Her lips seem so inviting...I wish I could just kiss her...but I can’t...


Their table was in the back of the restaurant, covered away from curious eyes.
Directly facing him she could sink in the feel how perfect he looked. The beige linen suit matched his tan.I’m getting too drooly.

Howie noticed that she was concentrating on him and was really pleased about the fact. ad my share of looking at her in the car...and now I can continue... Could this mean she’s interested? I certainly am...
He saw how she hid behind the menu, pretending to study it preciously...it was so unusual for him to see that. Mostly all the girls with whom he had gone out where whether bragging how wonderful they are or spilling so much sugary syrup about how they love him. But this girl...she did none of those things. She was rich and popular enough to impress everyone, but she didn’t use it. He knew that the Viper she drove was close to 200,000$ in price, because Nick had a similar one. Not being a gold digger is another plus to her. But what am I thinking about unessential things.

When they had ordered, a silence made of confusion started.
‘’What was the reason you did the auction for my charity? There are always reasons. I guess you did not because you’re madly in love with me...’’ he chuckled.
‘’I had a major reason...my best friend Trish told me that she has Lupus. Right now she feels good, but no one can say for sure for how long this could be...maybe, maybe she has only 10 more years of life left. I just can’t live with knowing this. I feel so helpless for not having the might to help her.’’ She sniffed, trying to hold tears back.

‘’I know how it feels. I already lost my sister to Lupus. That’s why I made this foundation...to lessen the helplessness. With every cent raised we can help the people affected by it. Every new day in research could bring the cure...’’ he patted her hand trying to comfort her.
‘’But I haven’t done anything for it...I...I’’ she couldn’t speak anymore, she could even hardly breathe.
‘’You did a lot more as you think...this evenings donations are the biggest we ever received.’’
‘’There will be over 1.5 million...at least.’’ She estimated.

‘’Now I have to think of something to reward you...the foundation usually gives a thank you to everybody who donates. But your amount is huge. For bigger donations we usually think up something special. Like, for a 50, 000 $ donation I’ll go on a date.’’
‘’So you will be sooo fed up with me...I’m boring...’’she said and unwillingly releasing her hand from his. ish I could hold on longer....
‘’No...I wonder if you’re single or not. It would be no surprise that such a wonderful girl is taken.’’
‘’Well, I’m single...surprise, surprise?’’
‘’Umm...that’s great...so I can work out what I owe you.’’ He smiled at her so lucidly she just couldn’t resist smiling back.
‘’You don’t owe me anything...’’

The waiter came with their orders. While the dishes were placed on the table she used the time to escape his gaze, to forget how the touch of his hand felt on her skin.
‘’I think I just have to ask you this...would you like to meet me again, even taking in account the fact that I don’t owe you anything...’’ he said, his voice becoming quieter.

‘’Did you ask for a date? Or something like this? I just can’t believe that you would want to ask me out.’’ She shook her head in disbelief.
‘’So you don’t like me?’’ he said sadly, in a way that touched her heart. He looked down to his plate, trying to hide his embarrassment. what ideas did I get? I’m not the type girls would fall instantly.

‘’It was not meant that way. I just thought...a handsome and successful man would never want to go out with me....I don’t fit in the standard.’’
‘’Why is that?’’
‘’Look at me, I’m 5’1’....models can be 5’11’’...I’m too short.’’
‘’That’s not right...you’re just beautiful...and I don’t care how tall you are...I’m not the tallest guy myself either.’’
‘’To me, you seem really tall...but the height never mattered to me. And you’re just the most handsome guy I’ve ever gone out...’’
Howie blushed for a little. ‘’You didn’t notice how that P. Diddy stared at you while the auction...’’ he said, teasing her a bit.
‘’He was staring at the Lost Acanthus linoleum print, not me.’’ She laughed off his comment.
‘’So I can count myself lucky that you accepted my invitation...and the question is- would you like to see me in future?’’

She was happy yet also a bit terrified from this offer. He wants to see me again...He is so attractive...but should I try? ‘’Look, it is so difficult to answer...I...I...would really like to see you...if you want.’’ She looked away again, too shy to look directly at him. Was that a right choice? To want to see him?