- Text Size +
Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Andrea smiled brightly as the two men walked into her room. She tapped Annie on the shoulder and her cousin released her from the hug.

“Hey boys, did you miss me?” Andrea asked playfully. She was tired of being the patient everyone was worried about; she wanted to get back to being herself again. She knew from Nick and AJ’s reactions to her question, things would get back to the way they should be very quickly.

“You bet we did,” Alex responded as he walked over to her bed and hugged her. She squirmed a little as his shoulder pressed against her broken arm and he jerked back quickly. “Did I hurt you?” he asked, worried that he had.

“No, Alex, you didn’t, I’m just ready to get out of this bed and put on some clothes,” she joked as she tugged at her hospital gown. “This isn’t what I call ‘stylish’ if you know what I mean.” They all laughed, but separate thoughts were running through their heads.

She said my name…. Alex thought, realizing that she had. I wonder if it was Nick’s dreamy eyes that did it? His internal crack at his friend make him snicker out loud, causing everyone to look at him inquisitively. “Nothing,” he said aloud to them, hoping they would let it go.

I am so happy that she remembers. I am so glad to have my best friend back. Where do we go from here though? Do we go back to Cincinnati and part ways with the guys, or do we go with them? These questions were running through Annie’s mind at a mile a minute.

Andrea saw the perplexed look on her cousin’s face. “What’s up?” she whispered to her cousin, trying not to draw attention to them.

“We’ll talk about it later,” she responded. Then she lowered her voice even further and said, “When they’re gone,” motioning to Nick and AJ with her head. Andrea nodded her head at her cousin, acknowledging that she understood and agreed.

I need to talk to her alone. I have to find out what she wants out of us and what her and Annie are planning on doing once we get back to Cincy, Nick told himself as Annie and Andrea were talking. I cannot believe everything that all of us have gone through in such a short time. It’s almost like a soap opera, he admitted as he chuckled out loud. Luckily, no one heard him the way they had heard Alex. I wonder what he was snickering about anyway?

Nick looked over at Andrea and noticed her staring at him. He life flickering in her eyes again, something that was missing during his previous visit to her bedside. He noticed her smile, the way it lit up her whole face. He noticed the way the curls in her hair, even though they were disheveled, cascaded onto her shoulders and framed her face so perfectly. He noticed her face was no longer pale and strained, but rather relaxed and filled with color. God, she looks beautiful even in that hospital gown with messy hair, he reflected to himself. I wonder what she will look like waking up next to me every morning?

Andrea wanted to kiss him so badly. She wanted to feel his arms around her, smell his cologne, and run her fingers through his short blond hair. She wanted to continue what had started in the shower yesterday, and she wanted more than anything else to be his wife. She missed being a wife and a mother, she missed sleeping next to someone every night and taking turns tucking the kids into bed, discussing what to have for dinner or whose turn it was to give the kids a bath. She missed fighting over the TV remote or what movie to watch. Of course, I have Annie for that, she laughed to herself, thinking of all the times they had disagreed on what movie to go see or what TV show to watch.

Andrea pointed her finger at Nick and then turned it around, curling it up and down, motioning for Nick to come to her. He smiled, liking the sultry way she did it, and walked over to her. “Yes, my love?” he asked in a sing-songy voice that made Andrea start to giggle.

“I want to talk to you, alone,” she said as she tilted her head towards Annie and Alex.

“Alright you two, get out,” he said laughing. “It’s alone time for the two couples.”

“Good idea,” AJ said, moving his eyebrows up and down at Annie. She just laughed and rolled her eyes at him. “Be back later sweetie,” he said to Andrea as he bent down and kissed her on the forehead.

“Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do,” Annie chided as she hugged her cousin again.

“Well that pretty much leaves the door wide open then, don’t you think?” Andrea shot back at her, laughing as she said it. “Besides, I’m an injured woman, I don’t think I could get kinky even if I wanted to,” she added, pointing to her bandaged arm. She waved her hand at AJ and Annie as they walked out of the room, but as soon as the door was shut, she turned her whole focus to the sexy blond standing next to her bed.

“I have been waiting to do this since we got out of the shower yesterday,” she said seductively as she grabbed the front of his shirt. She tugged on it and he bent over at the waist, his face meeting her face, his lips meeting her lips. She pounced on them like a tiger on its prey, and kissed him hungrily. When she pulled back for air, she started laughing. “Sorry,” she giggled, watching the shocked look on his face start to fade away. “I didn’t mean to be so zealous, but you have no idea how badly I wanted to do that!”

“Oh, yes I do,” he said in a sexy voice. “Because I wanted it just as badly!” He lifted up his hand and softly ran the back of it against her face, carefully avoiding the area that was stitched up. “And I like it when you’re zealous. It’s so nice to be wanted the way you want me.”

He sat down on her bed, and gently lay down next to her, their heads resting on the same pillow. He looked into her eyes, no longer seeing the fear and anonymity that had filled them earlier. When she looked at him, she knew who he was, and that fact comforted him. As he lay there with her, all of their feelings for each other floating between them, he knew he never wanted to feel like he was without her again.

“Andrea?”

“What baby?”

“I know this sounds kind of old fashioned, but will you be my girl?” He turned his head to look directly at her, praying to God that she did not shoot him down.

“And what does ‘your girl’ have to do? I mean, what does the job entail?” she asked, laughing. She knew what she was going to say to him, but she loved teasing him and not giving into him right away. It’s something she always had a knack for, and used it on everybody, from her clients to her parents. As she had found in her more “mature” years of life, it also came in very handy in the bedroom.

“Well,” he started, playing right along with her, “You can’t ride on anybody else’s tour bus, you can’t give anyone else the tongue, and you can’t sing any of the other guys’ parts in songs, only mine.” She started giggling, her eyes twinkling from laughter.

“I guess I can handle that, although I do really like AJ’s vocal parts,” she said smiling at him seductively.

“As long as those are the only parts of AJ you like, I am happy,” he teased back.

“Well, Nickolas Gene Carter, I guess I’m your girl.”

He sat up so that he had one arm on each side of her, holding his body over hers. He kissed her tenderly, first on the lips, then onto her jaw line, then down to her neck. He moved her hospital gown to the side and kissed her collarbone. She started to wriggle underneath him and he knew she was nervous that he was going to keep going further down. He chuckled and started moving back up to her lips again.

“You think you’re pretty smooth, don’t you Mr. Carter?” she asked playfully, well aware of what he was doing.

“Well, hopefully soon you will be able to find out just how smooth I am.” He winked at her and licked his lips. He laid his head back down onto her pillow and turned his head to face her. She smiled at him, kissed him on the tip of the nose and then snuggled her face into his neck. He put his arm around her head and held her close. I can actually picture myself with this girl for the rest of my life. AJ was right, she is nothing like the girls I’ve dated before…. and that is defiantly a good thing.