- Text Size +
"As y'all know it's karoke tonight!" The DJ roared.

"It is?" all the guys asked in sync.

The DJ laughed because he had heard them, since the music was stopped, "Yes it is guys!" he roared again.

"Why do DJ's always talk like that?" Deanna asked Nick.

"Because DJ's are annoying," Nick blankly answered, he was paying full attention to what the DJ had to say.

"Any volunteers to sing our first song? It's an oldie, but a goodie! Don't Stop 'Till You Get Enough by Michael and the Jackson 5."

Kevin spoke up to the other guys, "I think we should go up there... I mean... somebody might sign us... They're always looking for new talent."

"And besides," Howie said, "we all love that song."

"You might love that song, Mr. Michael Jackson's Glove's so cool," Natalie laughed.

The girls roared with laughter, Kevin, Nick, AJ, and Brian tried hard NOT to laugh.

"Who told you I had one?" Howie asked.

Natalie pointed to Kevin.

"ANYBODY!" the DJ roared... sure people had volunteered but it seemed the DJ wanted the guys to sing.

"US!" Nick yelled, "Me, him, him, him, and him."

"Alright boys... get up here..." The DJ roared.

Ann winked at Howie, "I know he'll sing as sweet like he always does..."

Howie, Kevin, Brian, AJ, and Nick sang to Don’t Stop 'Till You Get Enough by Michael and the Jackson 5.
As the flow of the crowd gathered, clapping their hands to the beat. It was amazing, the lights gathered onto their faces.

Ann thought, "They might get a record, even if he's away from me, I know I still got a piece of his heart!" She smiled at the thought, then she looked at her middle finger, the ring fit perfect, maybe they were meant to be.

As Deanna sang along to the song, she pretended to be a part of the crowd, instead of one of the boys’ girlfriends. Clapping her hands to the beat, the night seemed long, everlasting.

"AJ! I LOVE YOU!" Laryssa screamed over their singing.

Everyone looked at her as if she was crazy, though AJ just grinned, because he couldn't laugh while he was singing.

Natalie, like Deanna, stood still, singing along to the song. They're all best friends, one night could last forever. But the night almost ended. The moon began to sink into the clouds.

Realizing the night would be gone, Deanna hoped that the love of her and Nick’s would never fade, even though she's still young... A tear dropped into her happiness.

After the Boys finished singing their song the DJ applauded, and so did everyone else in the crowd. Deanna found her way over to Natalie because she had an idea, but the other two girls had to be in on it as well. Nick was walking over to Deanna just as she was leaving, so Nick thought she was ditching him. He followed her over to Natalie.

"Natty," Deanna said as she entered the vicinity of the table.

"Hey, what's up?" Natalie asked.

Deanna remembered that she had let a few tears slide when the Boys sang their song, she wiped them and started to talk, but she was then interrupted by Laryssa.

"That was a good 'I'm not with the Boys' impression you two gave," Laryssa said and laughed.

"Yeah, it was too funny," Ann agreed.

"Anyway, guys listen, I have the best idea," Deanna told them.

"Here we go, it's gonna be a very bad idea," Natalie said with a laugh.

"C'mon not all my ideas are horrible or anything," Deanna replied.

Natalie looked at her funny.

Deanna laughed and agreed, "Ok, so I've had some pretty bad ones, but anyway, this one's great!"

"Ok, what is it?" Natalie asked.

"Ok, I was thinking that we should go up there and sing that Train song, umm... Drops Of Jupiter," Deanna told them.

"Wow, way cool!" Laryssa exclaimed.

"Yeah, but I was thinking that we change the words a tad," Deanna explained.

"Like what?" Ann asked.

"You'll see, just follow my lead," Deanna answered.

The other three girls nodded.

"So are you guys up for it?" Deanna asked.

"Yeah, sounds like fun," Natalie agreed.

"Ok, you guys go talk to the DJ, I'm gonna go find Nick," Deanna told them.

Laryssa smiled, she was always going off to find Nick.

Deanna then started walking past some of the other tables to Nick when from behind her she heard someone call her name.

"Deanna?" the person asked.

Deanna then turned around and there was Nick right in front of her. She stepped back into the table and caught her breath.

"You ok?" Nick asked.

"You scared me... I'm alright though," Deanna said, smiling at her clumsiness.

"You're acting a bit like Lar," he laughed, but his face grew serious.

The DJ had put on the music again while he waiting for the next group to get ready to sing, Laryssa and Natalie were talking to him about their idea to sing the Train song.

"I love you Deanna..." Nick told her.

Their faces became closer and closer...

Deanna said nothing just kept on moving in closer.

"Deanna," Nick repeated, "Deanna."

And then the word turned into a kiss, a passionate one at that.

It was the kind of kiss Deanna would soon dream about every night for the rest of her life.

"Whoa... look at D and Nicky Boy,” said Natalie.

"Wow... isn't D the lucky one?" Laryssa asked.

"I don't know... I think we both are lucky too," Natalie smiled.

Nick and Deanna kissed for about a minute then the DJ's voice came roaring over the speaker system.

"We're playing one more song, then a group of girls are singing karoke to a song by Train," the DJ's voice boomed.

Deanna realized that she was one of those girls and drew back from Nick.

"Something wrong?" Nick asked.

"No, nothing's wrong..." Deanna started.

"Ok then," Nick replied.

Nick went to kiss Deanna again, but Deanna stepped back so she could finish telling him that she had to go with the other girls to sing the song. Nick opened his eyes and saw that Deanna was a couple inches away from him.

"D what's..." Nick started.

But as Nick was speaking a figure dressed in black arose from the darkness and pushed Nick, causing Nick to push Deanna. Deanna fell to the ground and Nick caught his balance so that he didn't fall on her.

"Is there a problem?" Nick asked.

A familiar voice answered, "I thought I told you to stay away from my girl."