- Text Size +
Nick sort of ignored him and helped Deanna up.

"Would the kind lady called ‘D’ please come up to sing with the other lovely ladies up here?" the DJ asked.

"She'll be there in a minute!" Josh roared over the music.

"ALLLRIGHT THEN!" The DJ roared, he started another song to give Josh and Deanna and Nick time to talk, he didn't want to get in the middle of something.

"I think it may have been the other way around," Nick said, standing up and staring down Josh.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Josh asked rudely, staring right back.

"I thought I told YOU to stay away from my girl."

After every word Nick gave Josh a little push. By this time some drunk guys had figured out what was going on--

"FIIIIIIIIGHT, FIIIIIIIIIGHT!" they yelled, from across the room, where Kevin had been staring at Natalie, he heard this.

"Shit," he muttered under his breath, knowing what was happening.

The other girls were watching the whole thing from across the room.

"Oh no, this can’t be good,” Laryssa said.

"What are we gonna do?" Ann asked.

"I don’t know but I think Kevin is going to do something," Natalie said, "Let’s go over there."

Kevin was walking fast toward Nick, Josh, and Deanna.

"What the hell are you doing here?" he asked staring at Josh.

"What is it to you?" Josh stared back.

"Kev I can handle it," Nick said with an angry look.

"I know, but I’m not here for you, I’m here for D," Kevin said back.

"D you're coming with me," Josh said and pulled her with her arm.

"No way in hell!" Nick said back and punched Josh in the face.

"Alright Nick!" Ann screamed, "I always know you had it in you."

Josh was bleeding from his nose, "What the hell did you do to me?"

"You got what you deserve," Nick said, "And if you ever come near her again you’re never gonna be able to use your head again!"

"Not that you're using it now," Laryssa said.

The girls laughed but the guys were still serious.

"Good one Larry," Natalie remarked.

Josh took a hint and left, everyone hoped he wouldn't come back... for a LONG time. Nick helped Deanna to the bar to get her some ice for a bump on her head.

"Gosh, can't he take a hint, and leave for good?" AJ asked the crowd.

"Girls?" The DJ asked, "are you still up to sing?"

All of the girls looked at Deanna, "We don't have to tonight... there's always another night,” Natalie said.
Ann and Laryssa nodded.

"No, no, it's okay guys... Yeah!" she yelled to the DJ.

"Alright guys! Please welcome Deanna, Ann, Natalie, and Laryssa! Singing tonight for us... Drops of Jupiter!"

*The crowd applauded while the girls walked their way to the stage*

*meanwhile at the boys’ table*

"Nick, do you think D is gonna be able to do this?" Brian asked.

"I don’t know I hope so... but she's a strong girl so I think she would," Nick said, and hoped in his mind that she was ok.

*the music started and the girls started to sing*

"Now that he's back...” the girls started to sing.

"Wow they sing really, really good," Howie remarked.

“Yeah, maybe they should be a singing group too and be our opening act," Brian said sarcastically.

"Yeah, after we get a gig..." AJ replied.

"Now that he’s holdin' my hand right here, no need to worry, nothing to fear,” Deanna started, looking at Nick.

"Hey, heeeey," the girls backed up.

"He is my sunshine, no time for rain, he’s my whole life, takes away all my pain hey, hey, hey," Ann continued.

"Didn’t know he felt the way I wanted him too, didn’t know I could fall in love so soon hey, hey,” Natalie added winking at Kevin.

"I tell you, he has to be the one, he fills my whole life with joy, he’s so much fun, I’m not even exaggeratin’ I tell you, I fell for a shining star, one who doesn’t leave me with scars, he’s the one I've been waiting for…" all the girls sung.

Howie brought a bouquet for Ann.

Nick thought, "He's making me look bad! All I was gonna give D is a hug and a kiss!"

Howie went over to Ann, and said, "You sound as beautiful as you look..."

Simple as Ann looked, she was in a red shirt, and a black skirt, her hair looked great lying on her shoulders.

Ann hugged Howie, grabbing the bouquet, red, yellow, and pink.

Nick poked Ann's shoulder.

Nick whispered, "Can I have one of the flowers to give to D?"

Ann smiled, "Sure."

She gave the pink one to Nick.

As Nick hurriedly walked over to Deanna, he gave the pink flower to her, kissed her cheek, and gave her a hug.

"What's this all for?" Deanna asked.

"For being my girl," Nick answered.

"I like that sound, “My girl...." Deanna smiled.

AJ grabbed Laryssa and kissed her romantically, and Laryssa smiled.

Natalie feeling alone decided that the boys shouldn't have all the fun, and hugged onto Kevin.

Listening to the beat of the sound, Howie and Ann sang in the harmony. Everybody roared...The night quickly ended. As everyone left the club.