- Text Size +
About two hours later Deanna was on her way back to her dorm when she met Natalie in the hallway.

“Shit,” Deanna muttered under her breath.

She started to walk away but Natalie followed her.

“D, stop walking away. Why are you avoiding me?” Natalie asked.

“Sorry, it's just... I know you wanna talk about the bruise,” Deanna explained.

“Well, yeah,” Natalie replied.

“I don't wanna talk about it,” Deanna told her.

“You didn't run into a wall and both you and I know that,” Natalie disagreed with her.

“I know,” Deanna said solemnly.

“We're best friends, you can tell me, it's ok,” Natalie told her.

“Josh...” Deanna started.

“Yes?” Natalie asked.

“Josh is...” Deanna continued.

“Yes?” Natalie asked again.

“Josh is abusive,” Deanna whispered.

“So Josh did that?” Natalie asked.

Deanna nodded.

“Hun, he is not the right boy for you,” Natalie told her.

“I know, I know,” Deanna told her.

“Then why don't you break up with him?” Natalie asked.

“Cuz he'll, he'll, he'll do this again,” Deanna answered and pointed to her eye.

“The only thing you can do is try,” Natalie told her.

“I can't,” Deanna disagreed.

Natalie sighed.

“You can't tell anyone this, you can't tell Lars or Kev or anyone, the only other person who knows is Nick...” Deanna told her.

At that point Laryssa had been walking out of their dorm and over-heard.

“Tell me what?” Laryssa asked.

Then after she asked that Deanna turned around to run and noticed that Kevin and Nick were standing behind her.

“Tell me what?” Kevin asked.

“I know what?” Nick asked.

“I, I, I...” Deanna stammered, then burst out crying.

"She, um, she needs to pee," Natalie dumbly covered up.

The guys and Laryssa looked a little puzzled watching Natalie hurry Deanna off into her room.

As soon as Natalie closed the door Deanna screamed.

"I can’t believe this is happening! I can’t do anything about it! Natty, I’m so scared I have nothing to do, I can’t help myself and I need to get away from Josh, but it’s so hard and I really like Nick, and I am so stressed, and school’s almost started and, and, and…" Deanna took a breath and started crying again.

Natalie held her friend close to her, "Woah, D we need to calm you down...oh," Natalie hit her head, "What a dumb ass I am, I totally forgot we are going out to a club tonight, you have to come."

Deanna was still crying and shaking her head no.

"Nick will be there...." Natalie started.

Deanna snapped her head upright, "I guess I could come..."

Natalie laughed, "Good, but before that you know what you need to do so you don’t absolutely freak out at the club?" Natalie asked Deanna.

"What?" Deanna returned.

"You definitely, definitely need to watch the greatest movie of all time..." Natalie answered.

Deanna giggled.

Laryssa walked in the room.

"This can’t be what I think it is..." she started.

"What?" Natalie asked innocently.

"Come join us, 'The Little Mermaid' is the best movie of all time!" Deanna said her mouth full of popcorn.