- Text Size +
As the stormy night rained over Howie's and Ann perfect night at Howie's parents’ house. Ann placed her head on Howie's lap as they told each other stories about how they kept making fun of each other when they were seventh graders. Ann would never thought of even liking Howie, because he was her best guy friend--of course. How could anyone NOT be his friend, since he's so sweet.

Ann asked Howie as his eyes stare directly into hers, "Howie, how could I not have liked you?"

Howie carelessly shrugged, but then he tenderly put his hand on Ann's.

Ann grabbed his hand and said, "So.... how was your day, Sweet-D?"

Howie replied, "It's was okay... The boys and me are still trying to get a record deal, you know, our demo tape and everything?"

Ann sighed, "Yeah, yeah, I know, the Backstreet Boys thing right? The thing that keeps you away from me..." A tear came from her brown eyes and ran down her tan face.

"Annie! You know I love you, that's why I gave you the promise ring," Howie cried.

"It's useless... After you get the record, it means girls will be after you, you won't even be having time off with me as much! I know you love singing, so do I! You know that?!” Ann exclaimed, then added, “Howie, I know I'm being selfish..."

Howie interrupted, "Well... the rehearsal is in a half an hour. You can watch us... if you want..." Howie released Ann's hand and kissed her forehead.

"Howie! Wait!" Ann exclaimed, "When have I ever turned down watching you?" Ann grinned as Howie wiped her tears away.

"Have I said you're beautiful today?" Howie asked.

"Nah, but I already know it! It comes from the heart..." whispered Ann.

Ann wrapped her arms around Howie's as the romantic moment set in. Howie's lips touched Ann's as the door rang.

There stood Kevin at the door, "Hey Howie, I think Nick might not be able to make it to the rehearsal," Kevin laughed, but covered it up by coughing, "Ah hem, excuse me."

"Alllright then," Howie muttered, "we still having rehearsal then?"

"Well...” Kevin started.

There stood Howie releasing his arms away from Ann's body.

Kevin laughed, "Am I interrupting something? I knew I should have called first before I came."

"You don't have to leave... uh… we were doing nothing, really!" Ann lied.

Kevin replied, "You sure... cause it's just small business, you know?"

"So... what's been up?" Howie asked.

"We've been watching some movie... the usual," said Kevin.

~~~~


Deanna glanced at the clock, Nick's rehearsal with the guys was in a few minutes.

Kevin had booked it for them for the whole hour, every Saturday.

"You go on, with your Back... uh..." Deanna started.

"Stttreeeeetttt" Nick whispered.

"Backstreet," Deanna said quickly, "Boys and practice your dancing skills," she smiled.

"Alright, I've got permission," Nick laughed, kissed Deanna on the cheek, and got up, "You CAN come if you want… ya know."

"Oh I know, you've never stopped me from coming before. I'll meet up with you guys at the gym then, later... I just wanna take a shower and refresh," Deanna explained.
Nick nodded, and again smiled, "See you then."

~~~~


Kevin, Ann and Howie had long since arrived at the U, and were walking towards Nick's room to see if he was still coming with.

"Alright… I'm just going to run to see if Natalie and Laryssa want to watch, too…" said Kevin, as they came towards the hall that led to Natalie's room.

"Cool…" Ann and Howie said together.

Nick was walking down the hall and him, Ann, and Howie all bumped into each other.

"Hey, nice to see you again Ann," Nick said.

"Nice seeing you again, too," she smiled.

"So what were you doing that you almost didn't make it to practice with us?" Howie asked.

"Oh, D and I were spending some quality time together, ya know?" Nick answered.

"That's nice," Ann said.

"Where is she?" asked Howie.

"Oh, she's just taking a shower, she said she'd pop by later on," Nick explained.