- Text Size +
Deanna's relaxing shower lasted for over 20 minutes. Hurrying up, changed into her t-shirt and blue faded jeans, she grabbed a snack, and hurried on over to the practice.

~~~~


Nick, Howie, Kevin, AJ, and Brian danced step by step over and over to the music. Deanna waved and smiled to Nick. Nick missed his dance step, because he was staring at Deanna.

"D!! You're here!" Nick ran over to her and hugged Deanna, kissing her on the cheek.

“Yup," Deanna replied, "What did you think, I wouldn't show up?"

Nick just shook his head.

Brian sighed.

"Hey Mr. Littrell you'd better be nice to me or I could... I could... I could..." Deanna stammered.

"You could what?" Brian asked.

"Aww… screw it, hi Brian!" Deanna exclaimed.

"Hey Deanna," Brian replied and gave her a hug.

Nick sighed with relief. Deanna assumed he was glad that she had not called Brian Brett or Brad.

Deanna then turned to Nick.

"So," she asked, "Where are Natty and Lars?"

"They went down to Safeway," Kevin explained, "they said they needed some cheese and crackers."

"Amen," Deanna agreed.

Nick sighed.

Brian laughed at Deanna's thoughts of easy cheese.

"How do you kill a blonde?" AJ asked while looking at Nick.

"That's not very nice," Nick commented.

"Ooh," Ann exclaimed, "I love jokes!"

"Stick a scratch & sniff sticker at the bottom of a pool?" Howie asked.

"Stick a mirror at the bottom of the pool?" Brian asked.

"Normally it would be one of those," AJ explained, "But today it's different."

"Stuff them with cheese?" Deanna asked.

Ann laughed at Deanna's stupidness.

"Cheese," Kevin asked, "Where'd you get an idea like that?"

"We were talking about cheese," Deanna explained.

"Well, she's right," AJ told them.

"Ooh, got ya there AJ!" Nick exclaimed.

"What?" AJ asked.

"I'm not blonde, I'm fair haired." Nick finished.
AJ looked at Nick oddly.

"Ooh, I schooled you," Nick told AJ.

"It's the same thing Nick!" Kevin noted.

"Oh," Nick said as his sprits fell, "It is?"

"I swear sometimes you are sooooo blonde," Howie told Nick.

"Guys!" Deanna exclaimed.

All the Backstreet Boys stopped talking and turned to her.

"Yeah?" Nick asked.

"So when exactly are we going to the club?" she asked.

"Oh that, oh we completely forgot!" Howie exclaimed.

"Oh, when are we going?" AJ asked.

"Relax guys," Kevin told them, "We're going in a half-an-hour."

AJ sighed.

At that moment Laryssa and Natalie walked in the dorm.

"Hey! Hey! Hey!" AJ said.

"Uh… hi," Laryssa mumbled.

"Oh, you haven't met all of the StreetCar Boys crew yet, have you?" Natalie asked.

"BACKSTREET," all the guys said in unison.

"Whatever. This is AJ," Natalie pointed over to him, "This is Brian, and this is Howie… you know Kevin and Nick."

AJ, Howie, and Brian waved.

"Oh, I got a joke for you two. How do you kill a blonde?" AJ said.

"I refuse to answer that question," Laryssa laughed.
Natalie sat down the bag of cheese and crackers.

"Alright then, nevermind…" AJ said.

"Anyone want cheese and crackers?!" Natalie yelled.

"YEAH! CHEESE!" Brian exclaimed.

"Fine, Brian, here..." Natalie hands two pieces of crackers and a piece of cheese.

"Yes!" exclaimed Brian as he laughed.

Natalie asked everyone, they all refused, but Nick. Nick noisily stuffed it in.

"Very funny, kiddo..." AJ laughed at Nick.

Nick smiled and stared at Deanna for a moment. She smiled, reflecting the light of the sunbeam. For one moment Nick was lost in Deanna's world. Nick came over to Deanna and grabbed her hand and thought everything is going to be okay in their Backstreet Boy's world.

AJ looked at Nick wondering if he lost it, "I thought you were going to say, 'I'm a teenager, I'm not a kid!"

"Naw... it doesn't bother me, what matters to me is you guys!" replied Nick.

Brian chuckled, "Really..."

Brian thought to himself that he's glad to have friends like them, even if they fight, it's worth it. Cause it's part of what brings out the love. A teardrop fell from his blue eyes, a puddle of mystery.

"Guys," Kevin said trying to get everyone else's attention, "Guys."

"Huh?" Natalie asked.

"Wait, Nat, let me ask the guys this," Kevin told her.

Natalie sighed. Lately Kevin was being a little too into this whole Backstreet thing and it bugged her.

"Guys!" Kevin exclaimed.

AJ, Nick, Howie, and Brian stopped what they were doing and turned to face Kevin.

"Yeah?" AJ asked.

"We've got ten more minutes to practice," Kevin told them.

"And your point is?" Howie asked.

"Do you guys just wanna forget those ten minutes and go to the club or do you wanna keep practicing?" Kevin asked.

The other boys looked at each other.

"What the point," Brian asked, "Let's go!"

"Can we change?" Laryssa asked.

"Why?" Kevin returned.

"Cuz all us girl are dressed in college clothes and we're going out now and, well, I look like crap," Laryssa explained.

"Oh," All the boys said pretending like they understood, even though they didn't really.

"Alright, well see you girls back here in... 5 minutes?" AJ asked.

"Better make it 10," Natalie disagreed.

After she said that Natalie, Laryssa, and Ann all walked out of the dorm. Deanna hadn’t been paying attention so she didn't know they left. Nick then came over to her.

"D?" Nick asked.

"Huh?" Deanna returned.

"Seems your friend have left you, do you need an escort to your room to change?" Nick asked.

Deanna smiled and replied, "Thank you, I would love to have an escort to my room.”

Nick and Deanna then walked out of the room leaving Brian, Howie, AJ, and Kevin by themselves.

"Has anybody noticed anything odd about Nick lately?" Kevin asked.