- Text Size +
Part I Chapter 10

Win went back to her room, showered and changed. She was no sooner finished brushing her hair when there was a knock on the door.
“Hi Win, how are you?” It was Daemon Lyod, the tour manager.
“Hi Daemon, I’m doing okay,” Win asked putting her hair up in a ponytail.
“I spoke to AJ a little while ago, he said that you didn’t get a crew phone.”
“A crew phone?”
“Yeah, all the crew get a phone, that is if they want one, or don’t already have a phone of their own.”
“When was this supposed to happen?”
“You’re manager was supposed to give it to you, the first day of the tour, didn’t he?”
“No, Red didn’t give me anything, he wouldn’t even give me a schedule for the tour, so
I’m clueless as to what we’re doing and when.”
“Really? So that’s why he’s been yelling at you all the time? Look, I’ll speak to him, and here is your phone.” Daemon handed her a little silver flip phone.
“How much a month?”
“Nothing, it’s included in your contract, which Red should have gone over with you, but I’m guessing he didn’t. Look Win, if he gives you anymore trouble, come and speak to me, this is no way to run a tour. By the way, when we get back on the road, you ride on the band bus with Jen, she’s saving you a bunk. The band bus will not leave without you either.”
“Thanks a lot Daemon, I really appreciate it.”
“Hey, I heard what you did for Brianna, that was really cool of you,” Daemon replied.
“No big deal, found in dumpster when I was a baby, so it’s like second nature.”
“What?”
“It’s a long story. Anyway, you don’t mind me being around Brian, or Kevin or the rest of them?”
“What? Of course not! I mean Brian really appreciates what you did for his wife, and the rest of the guys like you. I mean, especially AJ, I’ve noticed. As long as you can do your job and they can do theirs, there is no problem. Besides, we are all adults here.”
“Red threatened to fire me.” The phone rang.
“Uh, Daemon, how do you answer these things?” Daemon took the phone from her, opened it and pressed a button before handing it back to her.
“Hello?” she had no idea who would be calling her already, but no doubt it would be Red, happy to annoy her a new way.
“Hello beautiful, I hear you got your phone.”
“AJ? Oh hi, yeah I just got it.”
“Nice to know you so enthusiastic to hear from me.”
“No, no, I am, it’s just funny because Daemon had literally just handed me the phone, I didn’t even know how to answer it.” Daemon was standing there listening intently to her, a grin on his face.
“Daemon, stop that!”
“Oh I get it, Daemon’s standing there staring at you.”
“Yeah, he is.”
“I’ll just go,” Daemon said with a grin.
“Thanks Dae!” Win called after him. She closed the door and sat down on the bed to talk to AJ.
“He gone?” AJ asked.
“Yeah, he’s gone. So what’s up?”
“I just wanted to call and say hi, and tell you that all I did last night was have wonderful dreams about you.”
“Now aren’t you just the romantic type.”
“I like to think so.”
“I dreamt about you too.”
“I guess you’re the romantic type too. I also wanted to call to say I can’t make lunch today, we got roped into another interview.”
“Oh that’s okay, I’m sure Red has something for me to do.”
“What say we have a midnight rendezvous at the pool. I’m sure I can get away then,” AJ asked.
“Yeah, that sounds okay.”
“I heard you were dumpster diving this morning. Brian is in love with you too. I heard Brianna was driving him nuts over that ring.”
“Well she has her ring and that’s that.”
“Do you think I could kiss you tonight?”
“No way, what kind of girl do you think I am?”
“The kind that is gonna make me work for every kiss for the rest of my life.”
“You got it.”
“Nothing? Not even a just a small kiss?”
“Nope, you can kiss me on the cheek, but that’s it until further notice.”
“You keep making me wait, it better be one good kiss.”
“Oh it will be, I’m worth waiting for, that one kiss will be worth it.”
“Just one?”
“Yeah, just one.”
“I guess you’re giving me something to look forward to.”
“Yes I am.”
“I gotta go, we’re being called to the set. See you at midnight?”
“You bet.”
“Bye beautiful.”
“You’re gonna have to stop calling me that.”
“Okay, goodbye pretty Winnie.”
“Oh my god, bye AJ.”