- Text Size +
Part I Chapter 12

Win hurried inside and found Red quickly who berated her before sending her to unpack lights that would be strung across the entire stage. She’d been untangling the lights for maybe five minutes when she heard a familiar voice.
“Win, there you are.” Win turned around and saw Brian walking towards her. She stood up to meet him.
“Win, I cannot thank you enough for what you did today,” Brian said emphatically.
“It was nothing, really.”
“Yes it was. No one else would have searched through an entire dumpster for that ring, but you did. I just wanted to show you how much I appreciated it, so I wanted to give you this,” Brian pulled his wallet out of his pocket, but Win pushed it away.
“Nope, I won’t accept money. It was a favor that is all. Friends do that for each other.”
“If there is any way I can repay you, just let me know.”
“Yes there is, you can give me a kiss, right here, lay it on me,” Brian laughed as Win tapped her cheek. He quickly leaned in and pecked her cheek and she smiled.
“There, now we are even. Oh Brianna honey! How are you doing?” Win asked as she saw her shuffling across the stage.
“Okay. I wanted to thank you again for finding my ring, it was so sweet of you to go through all that garbage for me. Brian, did you give her something for her trouble?” Brianna asked touching his arm.
“He already offered and I already turned him down. It was a friendly gesture, that’s all.” Win replied.
“She’s too sweet, isn’t she Brian?” Brianna quailed.
“Yes, sickeningly so,” he replied with a laugh.
“Why thank you,” Win bowed, “but I better get back to work before Red kills me.”

At around ten o’clock Red banished Win from the stage. She had just finished setting up the lights and was glad to go back to the room for a much-needed rest. She was just about to lie down when she realized that AJ would be waiting for her down at the pool within the next hour and a half.
Once she remembered this, she didn’t feel sleepy anymore and her brain shifted pictures of AJ into her thoughts now, and he was all she could think about. Jen came in while she sat on her bed, saw the dreamy expression on her face and asked,
“Now let me only guess what you are thinking about.”
“What? Oh, hi Jen,” Win replied snapping out of it. Jen threw off her baseball cap and pulled out her ponytail, shaking her hair out.
“You are adorable, you really are. Just the look on you’re face, you were thinking about him,” Jen said as she pulled a pair of jeans out of her suitcase and changed into them.
“Yeah, I was,” Win said grinning guiltily.
“You gonna see him tonight?” Jen asked changing her shirt as well.
“Yeah, I’m supposed to meet him down by the pool in an hour.”
“Are you in love with him?” Jen asked seriously.
“I don’t know yet,” Win got up and went to her pack to grab her shoes, she felt like walking.
“Cause if you are, just know this, you are sharing him with all those fans too, they don’t take lightly to any of the guys having girlfriends.”
“Kevin and Brian are married,” Win replied slipping on her shoes.
“Yes they are, but that’s different, AJ is still single in the eyes of the fans, even if you two become an item you’ll be facing a lot of competition.”
“Does AJ cheat on his girlfriends?” Win asked.
“No, but it is really easy to get jealous, when he’s signing autographs, going to interviews, girls asking him for dates and pictures.”
“You act as if you’ve been there before.”
“I have. I was going out with Nick for two years. It was so hard on us. But that wasn’t the reason we broke up. I realized that one day I wanted to be behind the scenes, not in front of it with him. It was a mutual thing, and we’re still friends, he introduced me to Taylor.”
“I don’t get jealous. If I was jealous of every person who had more than I did, I’d have green eyes and have turned into a monster by now.” Jen laughed.
“I just wanted to give you a heads up. If you really care about him, it won’t matter.” Win headed for the door.
“I appreciate that Jen, but I’m not jumping the gun on anything, I’m not sure about anything now. I just like his company, and if I can have that once in a while, I’ll be happy. It’s nice that I can finally have friends, and people to talk to. You going out with Taylor?” Win asked.
“Yeah, we’re going to a late dinner.”
“Have fun, I’ll see you later.” Win closed the door behind her and walked down the hall to the elevator. Once down in the lobby, Win made her way to the pool and sat down in one of the pool side chairs. The pool water was lit up casting an ethereal glow on her face as she sat hunched over, hands sitting on the side of the chair as she pushed her legs out in front of her. She sat like this for a while, the pictures of AJ still floating back to her mind.
Suddenly the pool went dark and a pair of hands was fastened over her eyes.
“Guess who,” a familiar voice whispered. Win smiled and said,
“Oh you.”
“I’ll take that, I’ve missed you,” AJ said sitting behind her on the lounge chair.
“You spoke to me this afternoon, you missed me that much?”
“I haven’t seen you since,”
“Since three AM.”
“What you didn’t miss me?” AJ asked with pretend pouting lips.
“Of course I did, how was work today?” she asked laughing, as if they had done this every night their entire lives.
“The usual, interview, rehearsal, blah blah blah. I’m more interested in you. Tell me some more about you.”
“Nope, it’s your turn, I went last night.”
“All right all right. Lets see I’m originally from….”