- Text Size +
Part I Chapter 28

Win, AJ, and Jack got on their plane early the next morning. AJ was so ecstatic to be on his way home with Win that he was asking her to kiss her every five minutes. She laughed every time he requested and politely told him no. He settled for kissing her cheeks and neck as much as she would tolerate, or until the stewardess looked at him funny.
It was a long flight but Win was content to spend her time talking to AJ and listen to him obsess over her and what he liked about her.
“You are so amazing Win, I can’t wait for my mom to meet you!” he kept on.
“You keep talking like that, you’re going to give me a complex.” She laughed.
“And you need to start taking compliments.” He said kissing her hand and moving up her arm.
“I’ll have to get a file cabinet to store them all in. Uh oh, here comes the stewardess again.” Win said with a worried look. Indeed the stewardess was back, giving AJ a look.
“Sir, I’m sorry but some of the other passengers are complaining.” She said. AJ still had a hold of Win’s arm and pulled his head up to say,
“And what exactly are they saying?”
“Well, that they are sick of watching you slobber all over your girlfriend.” Win pulled her arm out of AJ’s grasp and sat back, shrinking in her seat a couple of inches.
“Then tell them to turn around and look the other way, I don’t give a crap what they want or not.” He replied leaning in and kissing Win on the cheek.
“But sir,” she started again.
“If you have a problem with us, give us another more private seat. And if you still have a problem, then, fine me, I don’t care.” AJ went back to kissing Win’s fingers and ignored the stewardess who stomped away.
They arrived in Maryland around noon. AJ carried his and Win’s bags to the cab while she held Jack. It was a fairly short drive to his mom’s house, but AJ couldn’t sit still. Win had never seen him so happy. Finally they arrived at the little house set on the water. A woman opened the door and ran out to the car.
She was a fairly short woman, a little thick with shoulder length curly black hair and olive skin tone, much like AJ’s.
“Oh Alex, baby, I have missed you!” she squealed as he hugged her tightly.
“Hey mom, I’ve missed you to.” He said.
“Oh just look at you, you look good. Love has been good to you!” she said patting his shoulder.
“And on that note, Mom, I want you to meet Winifred, Winifred, this is my mom, Denise.” AJ said swelling proudly.
“It is just so nice to finally meet you Winifred!” Denise threw her arms around Win and hugged her tightly.
“You are every bit a lovely as AJ said you were. My oh my!”
“Thank you Denise, it’s great to meet you too, AJ’s told me so much about you.” Win replied smiling warmly.
“Probably not half as much as he’s told me about you! I feel like I’ve known you my whole life! Well come inside, come inside!” Denise took Win’s backpack and carried it inside. She showed them where to place their things and took them out to the back patio over looking the channel.
“You have an absolutely beautiful home Denise,” Win remarked as Denise handed her a glass of lemonade.
“Thank you, but really, it’s all because of my boy here. He’s so good to his mother.” She said patting his hand.
“Well you deserve it ma,” he said leaning over and kissing the top of her head.
“He’s a good boy. So tell me, how has the tour been going?” she asked.
“Since the day I met Win, fantastic.” Win blushed slightly.
“Ooh, so that good huh?”
“He likes to over dramatize.” Win replied.
“I am not over dramatizing, she is the most amazing person I have ever met. Everyone on the crew loves her.” AJ replied.
“I get along with everyone is all.” She replied.
“See, she’s so modest, it’s adorable,” he said kissing her cheek as she blushed profusely.
“And not only that, but yesterday, you’ll never believe this, Brianna had her baby yesterday, and Win helped her deliver, on the bus.” AJ said slapping the table.
“You’re kidding?” Denise asked, eyes wide.
“Nope, she jumped into action. Win was amazing, she just went in there, and took charge.”
“I was not amazing, I just helped Brianna out is all.” Win said, again turning red.
“Stop acting like you didn’t do anything. Brian and Brianna tell me you saved that baby’s life. And I’m sure that without you, no one would have been able to do what you did.”
“AJ, stop, you’re embarrassing her. But that is still impressive. But moving on, AJ tells me you want to be an English teacher.”
“Yes, I’m saving up, I’m going to start applying soon, I’m going to try and get a scholarship. I’d really like to go to either Florida State, or some where in California, or Oregon.”
“AJ tells me you are a genius.” Denise replied.
“I’m not a genius.” Win replied.
“Those who are will never admit it.”
“Okay, fine, I am a genius.”
“Admit it Win, you were valedictorian at your high school!” AJ teased.
“So I was, that was seven years ago, it doesn’t matter much now.” Win replied shaking her head.
“You plan to stay on the entire tour?” Denise asked.
“Oh yes, I won’t have enough to start college until I’m done with the tour anyway. I want to have the whole amount saved up in advance, just in case a scholarship doesn’t come through.” Win replied.
“Good plan. Now if only I could get my boy to settle down.” Denise said pinching AJ’s cheek.
“Aw ma, I’ve got a girlfriend, that’s good enough for now isn’t it?” he asked.
“So when you going to make an honest woman out of her? I’m waiting for my grandchildren here! I’m not getting any younger!”
“I am still an honest woman, at least when it comes to your son here, and it’s only been two months, I might add.” Win said.
“Yeah mom, do you believe this, two months, and she wont even kiss me yet!” he said pretending to be annoyed.
“Yes, and I’m quite sure that I am not ready to settle down.” Win replied.
“We’ll see, we’ll see.”