- Text Size +
Part I Chapter 30

The next morning AJ awoke to the sound of giggling. Win was not in bed and he took her pillow, pressing his face into it, smiling to himself at how lucky he was to have Win. He hopped up and dressed quickly heading out to the kitchen, smelling coffee.
Win and Denise were sitting at the kitchen table sipping coffee and going through the photo albums again.
“Aren’t you tired of those things yet?” AJ asked with a yawn.
“Aren’t you tired of that rooster’s crow you’ve got on your head?” Win asked. He reached up and felt his hair, compulsively smoothing it down.
“I brought out the scrap book, of all the things you’ve done, all the articles and things I’ve collected over the years.” Denise chimed in holding up a book full of magazine clippings.
“I brought out the old tapes too honey, tonight we can watch your first shows!”
“Not the elementary school ones, please!” AJ pleaded shaking his head as he approached the coffee pot.
“Oh you bet, and your music videos too.”
“I can’t wait!” Win squealed.
“Oh yes you can. Where did you want to go today mom?” AJ asked sleepily.
“I thought we’d go down to Ocean City, the boardwalk, Win said she wanted to do a little shopping.”
“Yeah, now that I have a little money, I can afford some new clothes, a bigger bag to put them in, and some sneakers, these, are falling apart.” Win replied holding up her foot with her beat up gray Nike’s. Win had a little more than enough money. Before she’d gone to sleep she had counted the money from the comedy battle and the money she received at the hotel for returning the jewelry. She had close to five thousand dollars in cash, and she planned to splurge a little.
“Oh my, I get to go shopping with my mother and my girlfriend.” AJ mused.
“You can just go to the porno shop by yourself until we get back,” Win replied, flipping a page in the book she was looking through.
“Now that’s an idea,” AJ said pouring his coffee and walking towards the table. Denise just sat back with a smile on her face and watched them banter.
“Just make sure the guy uses a condom, okay?”
“Okay honey, just like mom taught me, right mom?” AJ patted his mother’s hand.
“Oh, most certainly darling.” Denise laughed.
“You know, you have the sickest, most perverted sense of humor for any woman I have ever met.” AJ said seriously sitting back and pulling his foot up to rest on his knee.
“And I must say, I like it.” He replied in a growl.
“Eww! Denise, you have a dirty boy for a son! He’s so gross!” Win mimed in a little girl voice. Denise was cracking up by now.
“You two are way too funny!” she managed to say between laughter. They ate breakfast and by ten o’clock they were in the car on the way to Ocean City. With his mother driving AJ sat in the back and Win in the front seat.
AJ sat hunched over clutching Win’s hand in his, keeping his head between the seats so he could talk.
“Here we are.” Denise announced a few minutes later pulling into a hotel parking lot. Everyone got out of the car and they walked to the boardwalk.
The afternoon was spent shopping. Win was easy to please. She didn’t spend hours looking and trying on clothes. AJ entertained himself by showing her tiny revealing outfits and then having Win chase him around the store with a hanger.
“Do you want to go swimming later at the house?” Denise asked Win.
“Oh, I should get a suit then.” Win remarked.
“Ooh, let me pick that out,” AJ said grinning.
“Not again!” Win groaned with a smile. AJ searched through the racks for a few minutes. He popped out with a skimpy two piece suit in white.
“Very funny AJ! Very funny indeed. I’ll just go try these on.” Win grabbed a couple one-piece suits and another two piece suit.
“I’ll be waiting beautiful.” Win was out five minutes later with her chosen suit. It was a two piece, boy shorts and a halter top in a purple and blue print, that covered her completely.
“You’re no fair Win.” AJ pouted as she paid for the suit, a cover up, and a beach towel.
“I don’t make a habit out of prancing around in my underwear in public. That’s what those other suits are.” Win replied as she handed the cashier her money.
“And just when do I get to see you prancing around in your underwear?” AJ asked sneakily.
“Just wouldn’t you like to know.” Denise was fully enjoying watching Win and AJ kid around. She was so glad to see AJ so happy and enjoying himself. She was also glad that Win had stood up for herself and proved that she was with him for more than his money. Several times AJ had tried to pay for her things, but she wouldn’t allow him.
“I don’t remember asking you to pay for my things. I can take care of myself thank you, but it is very sweet of you to offer.” Denise now knew that Win was the one. Win really had not bought that much for herself. She’d bought a skirt, a few pairs of shorts, a new pair of sneakers, several tops, the suit, towel and flip flops. She’d also bought a large duffel bag and a smaller overnight bag to take into hotels. AJ carried her purchases for her down the boardwalk and back to the car. They ate lunch at a small café overlooking the water and then they headed back to the house before five o’clock.
When they returned to the house AJ insisted that Win model her new clothes for him.
“I will not, you’ll see them soon enough.” Win retorted.
“Come on, please?” he begged sniffing up her arm and kissing on her neck.
“Fine, one outfit.” She said shaking her head. She returned to the bedroom and changed into a new pair of jeans and a nice top. She marveled at her new clothes, she hadn’t had anything new for a long time. She took one last look and opened the door and walked out to the living room. She didn’t immediately see AJ, then she heard a long low whistle.
“Now you are one sexy lady!” he said clapping his hands.
“Why thank you sir,” Win replied raising an eyebrow.
“Come on you two, dinner is ready.” Denise called from the kitchen. Win turned to walk to the kitchen and heard AJ growling behind her.
“Now that’s a nice view,” he said in her ear.
“Easy boy, that’s enough.” She said patting his shoulder.