- Text Size +
Part II Chapter 37

Win had to go out to get coffees for the managers, specifically iced lattes, before she went to the venue. She was back to being a gopher. Her life kind of felt like day and night. When she had to work, for Red, she was treated like a piece of garbage, a slave at his command. While she was with AJ she felt like a queen, AJ only wanted to make her happy. Now she was starting to be angry with her job, and she resented it, not only that, but she resented herself now. Never had she allowed work to get her down like this. None the less she had to press on.
She got the coffees and went to the venue handing them out to the appropriate people as she found them. By this time the guys had shown up to go over a few things with Dennis. Their record label man, supposedly, was coming to the next concert to see how things were going, and talk to them about the next single. Win waved when she saw them gathered around the piano, which was returned in a friendly fashion.
Win waited to give Red his coffee because he was in the middle of a conversation and when she finally handed him his coffee he spat,
“About damn time. What the hell, meet some of your kind out in the street? Had to stop and exchange drug recipes.”
“Back off Red.” Win said with clenched teeth. This was the first time she’d ever said anything back to him.
“Oh really, what are you going to do to me? Get the hell to work you useless bum, before I fire you!” Red sniggered before starting to walk away.
“That’s it!” Win yelled at Red’s retreating back.
“Excuse me? Were you speaking to me?” Red asked with a pretend astonished face.
“I have had just enough of you and your nasty comments. Treating me like I am some piece of crap you stepped in. I am NOT your slave, and I do not have to be treated like this, you disgusting, rotten, nasty, friggen, controlling, over ambitious, bastard! And I am not going to take it anymore! So you can just take your five-ninety five, moca-choca, whatever the hell, specialty iced latte and go fuck yourself with it!” And with that, Win snatched the coffee out his hand and dumped it down the front of Red’s pants.
“I quit!” she roared then threw the empty cup at his face and stormed out quickly to a tumultuous applause.
“What have I done?” Win moaned to herself as she trudged back to her room. Now she was unemployed, and unemployed from a job that kept her near her boyfriend. What was she going to do now?
As if it were answering her question their was a knock on her door. It was Daemon and AJ. Win immediately apologized.
“Daemon, I am so sorry, I shouldn’t have lost my temper like that.”
“Actually, I’d say it was about time. His last assistant lasted only two weeks. How you managed three months, I’ll never know.” Daemon replied.
“Are you okay Win?” AJ asked anxiously hugging her tightly to him.
“Don’t you worry about a thing, you can stay with me, I’ll take care of you.” He said automatically.
“Actually, AJ, I’m going to take care of her.” Daemon replied. AJ let go of Win and looked at him.
“What?” Win asked.
“Well, we looked over your transcripts, and saw that you went to a business vocational school while you were still in high school. You were the top in your class. That’s equivalent to an associates degree in business.” Daemon replied.
“So what are you saying?” Win asked, still confused.
“I’ve been looking for a way to hire you away from Red for a long time. I need an executive assistant to help with the tour.”
“You’re kidding, right?” Win asked.
“No, you can work with computers, deal with people, arrange schedules, make appointments. You are by far the most responsible person on this tour. I even spoke to some of your old professors at the vocational school, they said you were one of the best students they’d ever taught.”
“So, what are you saying then?”
“A new job, new boss, benefits, and a dramatic pay raise. What do you say, do you want the job?” Daemon asked holding out his hand. Win thought a moment.
“You got yourself a deal.” Win replied putting her hand in Daemon’s and shaking it heartily.
“All right,” AJ said nodding his head.
“I’ll let you two, alone,” Daemon said nodding and closing the door.
“Oh, and thank you!” Win called before the door closed.
“Oh my god!” Win exclaimed as she threw her arms around AJ and hugged him.
“Congratulations baby.” AJ said squeezing her tight.
“Thank god,” she said, “the thing I was worried about most, was that I would have to leave you. Oh god that scared me.” Win said still holding him tight.
“I wouldn’t have let that happen,” AJ replied, “Not in a million years.”