- Text Size +
Part II Chapter 42

The next day Win signed a contact that she would record one song only, and one video. She’d receive one seventh of the profits from the CD single that would be released along with the video. She’d also agreed on two photo shoots and grudgingly one concert of Clive’s choosing. Aside from the things Clive wanted, Win also had several clauses written into the contract to suit her. The first was that the contract expired by the end of the three year tour, as well as she got to keep her job as executive assistant, and she would do no traveling that took her away from the tour, and the guys. Clive was not happy about the contract, but he had at least something.
Work on the song had already started in the past week. A few of the lyrics had to be rearranged and changed for Win’s part. Kevin was working with Win, teaching her some piano and AJ helped her with the vocals. Siberia was one of the songs she’d never heard, because they did not perform it at their concerts. After she’d listened to it a few times Win liked it, and could work a good harmony with it. Now it was not uncommon to find the guys and Win working at the piano at the venue at all odd times of the night and day.
At the beginning of the sixth tour month, Clive came to the guys with several video layouts. Win was not too particular, she said she’d go with whatever Clive or the guys wanted, within reason of course. Unfortunately she had to meet with Daemon and Dennis and a venue manager the day the final video was picked. When she returned to read the script and see the mock-ups she was livid.
“I am not making out with all of them! Forget it! What the hell is this, a porno, or a music video?” she asked when she saw the concept sheet.
Kevin, Brian, Nick, AJ and Howie are boyfriends of Winifred.
Each is lamenting on her leaving him, and they are all thinking
Back to the good times with her. Each views the other guys as
Competition. All scenes will be paralleled between Winifred and
Each of the respective boyfriends. These scenes will include
Kissing, making love, hugging, and various other ideas to be
Named later. We close with the guys walking away and leaving her
To a snowy fate.
“It’s a perfectly common music video sketch.” Clive responded.
“Perfectly common? Then open up your friggen mind and make it uncommon! No way in hell!” she shouted.
“I got to agree on that one Clive, I mean, we’re friends, and two of us have wives, not to mention the fact that Win and AJ are dating.” Kevin said seriously. Clive’s ears pricked up at the sound of the word dating.
“What was that? You and AJ are dating?” Clive asked.
“Yes,” Win said exasperated.
“How long exactly?”
“Well, We’ve been touring since March, I met Win in April, so, it’ll be five months in a few days now. Wow, can you believe it, five months.” AJ said shaking his head.
“No I can’t, but that is not the issue here!” Win replied.
“Look, this is going to be real clear. It’s acting. You just do it okay? If you don’t like it, I don’t care. Besides, your wives should understand these things by now. You are entertainers, you do what you have to.”
“Excuse me, but I am not an entertainer by any stretch of the word!” Win said angrily.
“You signed a contract, so for now, you are. Besides, I don’t hear your, what is he, boyfriend, making any complaints, now do I?” Clive asked in a contemptuous tone, staring at AJ.
“Because I know to argue with you about this is just fruitless. But make no mistake in this, I am not happy about it.” AJ replied sternly.
“What if we boycott the video, and just not do it?” Brian asked.
“Then I shut down the tour. End of story.” Clive sat back and let the effect of this sink in.
“I guess we’re doing the video then. I just have on thing to say to you Clive.” Win said with clenched teeth.
“What’s that Winifred?” Clive asked.
“You are one sneaky, nasty bastard!” Win got up and hurried out of the office with AJ right behind her.
“Hey, hey, wait up, hold on.” AJ said finally grabbing her and pulling her into his arms.
“Oh, what a jerk, I knew I should not have signed anything!” Win said, now positively shaking with anger.
“Okay, calm down, it’s all right. We can deal with this. Really, it’s not as bad as all that.” AJ said kissing the top of her head.
“I should not have trusted him, why couldn’t I see that?” Win asked, her body only slightly trembling now.
“Because it happens sometimes Win. Even I didn’t see this coming. Look, it will be fine, okay, really.”
“Are you sure about that?” she asked.
“Look at it this way. One of those guys is me, so you’re comfortable with that, right?” he asked. She nodded.
“Okay, and next, Kevin is married, he’s going to be just as uncomfortable as you are, and Tessa is going to be right there. Third, Brian, who is also married, and has a new little girl, thanks to you. That’s three down.” Again Win nodded.
“Then there’s Howie and Nick, you’re friends with them, plus they are also my friends. So we’ll just tell them that if anything happens, I’ll kill ‘em? Okay?” he asked. She laughed.
“Okay, you’re right. But aren’t you worried?” she asked.
“Of course I am. I mean Clive wants my four brothers to play act like they are kissing and having sex with my girlfriend, on camera. What guy would be okay with that? But I also know that it is just acting. And like I said, if they touch you the wrong way, I’ll kill ‘em, that’s all.” Win laughed again.
“You feeling better about it?” he asked.
“Yeah, a lot better. But before the video, we’re having a little conference with the guys, and Tessa and Brianna, just to go over a few rules.”
“Good idea. And one more thing, you are not allowed to enjoy being with any of them either.” AJ added as an afterthought. Win laughed.
“Don’t worry, I’ll be so uncomfortable you’ll be plenty happy.”