- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry for the long wait guys....I appreciate you all hanging in there and being patient! Exciting things to come in the story shortly...and I hope you enjoy this chapter!
“Are you okay?” he asked her softly, running his hands over her glistening stomach, which was still moving up and down quickly from her heavy breathing.

“I’m very okay,” she responded, placing her hand over his. He stopped rubbing her soft skin and turned his palm upward, grabbing hold of her hand and bringing it up to his lips, brushing them against her flesh tenderly. “That was…wow,” she breathed, turning her body towards him so she was on her side facing him, the sheet that had been resting below her stomach slipping off to reveal her completely naked form to her lover once again.

He took a moment to ravish her with his eyes, something he had taken quite a bit of time to do when she first disrobed, but it didn’t seem superfluous to him. Looking at her, memorizing every curve, every line of her figure, was something he could never tire from. Her body was a temple, his temple, to worship and adore, and he was going to partake in it as often as he could.

“Do you have any idea how beautiful you are?” he asked her, running the back of his hand along the inside curve of her full breast. She smiled at him, but remained silent. She loved the way he looked at her, the way his touch felt as it caressed her body; she knew he found her intoxicating and she was content with letting him drink her up.

She closed her eyes and laid her head back against the pillow, reveling in his touch, allowing him to rub and stroke her as he deemed fit. It relaxed her and aroused her at the same time, sending goose bumps and hot flashes over her body simultaneously as if the two opposite feelings were battling one another in a contest to see who could make her feel the ultimate pleasure. If she could have bottled up the way she felt at that very moment and open it up whenever she wanted, she knew there would never again be a moment of sadness within her for the rest of her life.

“God Nick, you make me feel so good,” she moaned, the sensation of his finger rubbing her sensitive bud pushing her close to the edge. She knew she was about to erupt and found no point in putting off the inevitable, so she succumbed to his control over her body, shudders and squeals of delight racking her to the core moments later. She lay on the bed quietly, her body shaking every now and then with tiny after-shocks as her pulse slowed and breathing evened. Nick crawled up to the head of the bed and lay down next to her, putting his arm out underneath her head as she scooted closer to him, snuggling against his warm body.

“I think we should have a baby,” he said suddenly, causing Roslyn to pull away the hand that he had been holding and rubbing as he spoke. She leaned up on her elbow facing him, gazing at him with question. Did he really mean that? How would it work? She knew getting pregnant and giving birth was even riskier than having protected sex when it came to transmitting the virus and she knew that was a threat she couldn’t have, no matter how much she wanted to.

Even as a young girl, she had wanted to be a mother; it was an instinct and a desire that always lay beneath the surface of her mind, waiting for a time when it could come out. When she would baby-sit the neighbors’ kids she would imagine they were hers, pretend she was the mom, just to see what it would feel like. She understood she was too young at that point, but even then it still had felt like the right thing to do.

When she met Rob, she finally thought her chance to become a mom would present itself, but of course it never did. Just as soon as things seemed to be heading in that direction with him, they had turned the complete opposite just as quick. Now, here she was, married to a man that loved her more than anyone else and she was not able to fulfill her biggest dream.

“Nick,” she began, feeling the tears beginning to form in her eyes, stinging them a little, “I don’t think it’s a good idea. It isn’t very safe for me to get pregnant.”

“I know,” he responded, rubbing her cheek with his thumb, as if anticipating that the need to wipe away the tears that were building in her eyes even before they fell. “I have a solution though; Dr. Jolie told me about it.”

He waited for a moment to go on, unsure of how ready she was to hear what he had to tell her, but the encouragement and hope he saw flash in her eyes was enough to convince him to continue. “He suggested surrogacy.”

“Surrogacy?” was Roslyn’s first response, wondering how it would work and ready for Nick to tell her more.

“Yeah, I was shocked at first when he suggested it, because I thought that, like, I would have to get someone else pregnant or whatever and I was like ‘no way, ain’t happenin’, but then he explained it to me and it makes sense.”

“Okay, well tell me then!” She had her eyebrows raised and her hand held up in the air, giving him the “what are you waiting for” look as she waited for him to go on.

“They take my little guys,” he told her, motioning down towards his manhood as he said it, “and your eggs or whatever,” he continued, his face turning slightly red as he explained the process to her, “and they fertilize them.” He made a small gesture with his hands, bringing the two of them together and making a clapping sound with them, causing Roslyn to giggle a little at his uneasiness towards the biology lesson he was trying to give her.

“And then what?” she prodded him, trying her hardest not to laugh out loud at the annoyed face he was giving her.

“Are you gonna keep laughing at me? Cause if so, I’m not going to keep going!”

“Oh baby, I’m sowwy,” she responded, giving him a little smile and pinching his cheek between her thumb and index finger. “Please continue.”

“Okay,” he sighed, taking a breath before continuing. “Then they implant the stuff into a healthy, normal woman who will carry the baby for us, but then after she gives birth the baby is ours. It has none of her DNA or anything, she just has it so you and the baby aren’t put in danger, isn’t that great!”

“Wow, I’ve never even thought of that before,” she told him, feeling very optimistic about having a baby, her dreams slowly returning from the dark place she had pushed them too after finding out about the HIV. “Do you really want to do this?”

“Roslyn, I want to have a baby with you more than anything else in the world. I want to be able to look into our child’s eyes and see you and everything you are in them; I need to be able to do that.”

“Okay, then let’s do it; but how soon are we thinking about doing this? Isn’t it quite a process? How soon can we do it?”

“When we get back to LA; Dr. Jolie said that he would refer us to the head of fertility whenever we wanted.” Roslyn nodded her head, an overwhelming feeling of excitement and anticipation bursting within her. All she had wanted was for at least a few of the dreams and goals she had for her life to come true before she died, and when she got the news that death may come sooner than originally planned for her she had shut down, afraid that her dreams would be lost forever, but now, because of Nick, it looked like they would come true after all…and she was ready. With him there to hold her hand and guide her into the next phase of their life together, she knew she could tackle whatever came her way.