- Text Size +
Sometimes I wake up crying at night
And sometimes I scream out your name
What right does she have to take you away
When for so long you were mine



Addison awoke in the early morning hours from a dream about Howie. Then she soon heard her little boy Zachary coughing. Addison got up and went into his room.


"What's wrong honey?"


"Where's daddy?" Addison looked down at her little boy and frowned she hadn'r told them their daddy was no longer going to be around. How do you explain that to two little kids?


"Daddy is working baby...you'll see him soon I promise. Now go back to sleep please," Zachary laid back down in his crib and fell asleep. Addison knew she wasn't going to get ANY sleep. She looked at the time," 5 am who would be up? I know Nicky would," Addison grabbed the phone and dialed Nick's number.


"Hello?"


"Hi Nick...Sorry I knew you would be up and well I couldnt sleep as usual. And again I knew you would be up."


"Why couldnt you sleep this time?"


"I had a horrible dream, and then Zachary started to cough and he asked for Howie and it just broke my heart Nick" Addison's eyes started to tear up.


"Oh Addy everything is going to be okay I promise Zachary and Emily are going to be all right. You dont need him. He's out of your life how many times do I have to tell you that? He isnt worth your tears Addison. He just isnt worth it. I dont know how I can make you see that. But I am honestly telling you the truth he just aint worth the tears. He's just an asshole, that just gave up on a beautiful life with two wonderful kids and one beautiful wife." Nick said to Addison hoping it would make a difference.


"Thank you Nick I know you feel sorry but dont. I should've seen it Nick. He stayed out for hours on end and would go to 'work' when he never had to go before. Damn bitch why did she have to take him awat from me Nick? Dammit why?"


"Addy you couldnt have seen it. It was just something that happened. You couldnt have prevented it. There was nothing you could've done...nothing!"


"Why did he go? He was mine. All mine and then some stupid Britney Spears wanna be took him away. What does she have that I dont have? Please tell me Nick"


"She doesnt have a loving family and you do. She doesnt have a personality like you do. You are so much better than she is Addy. Howie again is just an asswipe who doesnt give a fuck about anyone...you know what? I think you need to get out today"


"Nick, I just would like to be by myself with my kids"


"No, I aint taking no for an answer either. We are all going out to the zoo for a day of fun...my treat come on Addy I haven't seen the kids forever"


"Fine, I guess we can all go to the zoo"


"Good I will pick you and the kids up at 10 all right?"


"All right I'll see you later bye"


"Bye" Addison put the phone back on the charger.


"Why couldnt you have just stayed Howie? Why?"