- Text Size +
Sometimes I wake up crying at night
And sometimes I scream out your name
What right does she have to take you away
When for so long you were mine


Addison got home just a little after 9. She walked through door and saw Nick sitting in the chair watching an old rerun of Law & Order Special Vitiums Unit.


"How did it go?" he asked.


"Dont wanna talk about it right now"


"Addy what did Howie say to you? You have to tell me I cant see you like this"


"You really want to know?"


"Of course I do"


"Howie wanted me to sign the divorce papers. Him and Heather are going to be getting married. He's already moved on Nick" Addison started to cry again. Nick got up from his seat and gave her a hug.


"Shh its all right then what happened?"


"I...I just started yelling at him about why was he doing this to me. Asking why did he leave me and his only reason was because we had some arguements about silly little things and then he said she just happened to come into the picture and that he didnt for it to happen. Then he said those were the best years of his life but if they were the best years then why did he leave Nick?"


"What about the kids? What did he say about them? Is he just going to adandon them?"


"Who the fuck knows. I asked him how was I supposed to explain it to them. He wasnt going to leave them but now its all going to be different Zachary or Emily wont have their daddy to tuck them in at night or read them bedtime stories and all he could saw was he didnt want the kids to see us fight anymore...Nick..help me please" Addison sobbed once again looking for the advice from Nick.


"Addison look at me its okay you can take care of the kids...I can help ypu Addy thats no problem they are just as important they call me Uncle Nick for heaven's sake. Addison just listen to me please he aint worth it move on" Nick replied.


"Nick, I know they mean a lot to you...and I very much appericate EVERYTHING you are doing for me go home and get some rest and I will talk to you tomorrow. I need to get my thoughts together"


"Okay I will talk to you tomorrow." Nick gave her one last hug and walked out the door. Addisonwent and sat down on the couch and cried some more. She burried her face into her hands.


"Why did she take you away when for so long you were mine...I remember when you were mine"


Song Credit "You Were Mine" By: Dixie Chicks Album: Fly