- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So yeah. I dont know the Backstreet Boys, their families, their wives, their record label. Pretty much everyone associated with them I do not know. I wish it were different, but I wouldn't be writing fan fiction about them now would I? All of this is made up in this little brain of mine. Anything that happens in this story, if it happened in real life, is purely coincedental, and no copyright infringement is intended.

Now that that's over...ON WITH THE STORY!! Hope you enjoy! Tell me what you think! One more thing, when there is more than two spaces the scene either has changed or there is a flashback. I had the flashback in italics but it didnt show. I'll try and get that fixed, but for now we'll have to deal. Sorry for the inconveinence.
"I'm getting on the plane right now." Lori said into her cell phone, as she put her carry on bag in the over head compartment.

"I'm so excited! I can't wait to see you." said the voice on the other end of the conversation

"I know it's been a while." she said smiling as she sat in her seat. She looked out the window, and saw other planes, and the setting sun sinking beneath the trees. She sighed nervously. She wasnt so sure she should be doing this.

"Too long is more like it. Me and Alex are going to be picking you up at the airport, your flight lands at 10:00 right?"

Lori looked down at the watch on her wrist. Just two more hours, and she'd be forced to face her past.

"Yes. Um, Erin?"

"Yes?"

"Does he know about...me, coming?"

Erin sighed, "Yeah, he does."

"Does he even care?"

"He isnt going to show it, but I know he does."

"I dont know if I should be doing this."

"Hey, you are as much our friend as he is. Just because you guys broke up doesnt mean that rest of us broke up with you, or vice versa. If he doesnt like it, he can lump it. He already knows how I feel about it."

"It's going to be to awkward, and this is Leighanne's weekend. I don't want any drama to take the focus from her."

"Honey, Leighanne wants you here just as much as I do. Nick already knows the reprecussions of messing with Leighanne, especially right now."

Lori smiled and laughed at the thought. Leighanne was expecting her and Brian's second child, and was due any day now. She was invited to stay with Erin and AJ for the birth of their neice. Leighanne was ecstatic when she found out Lori was coming, and would have wanted nothing more than her prescence being there.

"Well, they're calling for us to put away our cellphones, so I guess I'll call you when I get the chance."

"Alright, have a safe flight ok?"

Lori smiled, "Wouldn't want it any other way. Love you."

"You too, babe. Bye."

And with that Lori closed her phone and slipped it back into her purse. No matter how much reassurance she got, nothing was going to change the way she was feeling. She and Nick left so much unsaid when they broke up.


"What are you doing?" he asked looking at her from the other side of the bed.

"What does it look like?" she said as she looked up at him when she threw the handful of clothes into the bag.

"We're not threw here."

"Oh we're more than through. I'm sick of this bullshit." she said as she walked over to her draweres that she shared with Nick.

"So, what? You're just going to leave, is that it? What about us?"

"What about US, Nick? Huh? Did you think about US when you were out till 3 A.M. last night? Did you think about us when you got that red mark on your neck, that I KNOW I didnt put there!" she yelled as she threw a pair of socks at him, as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"I told you she didnt mean anything to me!"

"That's a bullshit alibi and you know it!" she said opening the drawer. She rummaged through it, not finding what she wanted, slammed it shut, and opened another.


She should have stayed. She should have listened to him. It wasnt just his fault, she had a hand in their break up too. This break up was the worst that she had ever been through. Not only did she loose her boyfriend, but she also lost her best friend. When she got out of a bad break up, Nick was always there to pick up the pieces. He wasnt there anymore. She couldnt pick up the phone and call him anymore when she needed to talk. Well, of course she had Leigh and Erin, but they werent Nick. They didnt know her like Nick did. The only person that knew her better than herself was Nick. There were so many signs now that she thought back on their relationship. If she would have stopped and paid more attention maybe she could have saved them both some heartache.

"Attention all passengers. Please make sure that your trays are in their upright locked position, as we began to taxi out to the runway..."

Her attention wandered out the window. This was her last chance. Her last chance to get back off the plane, and back to the life that she had made for herself. Back to her comfort zone. Back to life without the love her life. All of that sounded nice, but why wasnt she making the move?