- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Remember more than two spaces means scene has changed or there is a flashback.
Lori held onto the straps of her carry-on bag and purse, that sat comfortably on her shoulder. Her black velour lounge pants that hung loose on her hips, and white cotton tank top that showed just a smidge of tummy, were wrinkled from the long three hour sit that she had on the plane. She was surprised she could still feel her ass. She groggily looked around for a sign of her friends, and smiled when she saw AJ walking toward her.

"Love of my life! Look at you." AJ said as he smiled walking up to her, and wrapping her in a tight hug.

"I look like death warmed over. I feel it too." she said, but her response was muffled by his shirt almost being stuffed in her mouth.

"I missed you so much. How've you been?" he asked as he kissed her on the temple. He wrapped an arm around her, and let his hand rest on her hip as they made their way to the baggage claim.

"Pretty good actually. I'm working as a nurse at a children's hospital in New York. I have a lot of wonderful friends. I get too see my brother and his family almost every weekend. He has three kids now." she said with a huge smile on her face as she talked about her family, and job. She really liked what she had done with her life.

"Well, I can see that you're really happy. I guess I can forgive you for staying away so long." he said as he squeezed her closer to him.

Lori smiled, and leaned her head against his shoulder as they continued their way too the baggage claim.

"Where's that sexy wife of yours?" she asked

"She.."

As if on cue, Erin walked out of the bathroom that they were just about to pass. She looked over at her husband, and a chourus of squeals from both women left AJ wincing, and grabbing Lori's bags before they hit the ground.

"You're here." she said as she ran her way to Lori with open arms, that immediately engulfed Lori into a hug.

"I missed you soo much!" Lori said as they swayed left to right.

"Me too." Erin pulled away from her to get a good look, "Girl look at you. I love the hair, and is that a tattoo I see?" she asked as she saw the tip of her tattoo on her right breast. Her hair had change obviously since the last time that they had saw each other. Her hair used to be to the middle of her back, one length, and light brown. Now it was just above her shoulders, layered, and auburn red.

"Yes, that's a tattoo you see, and thank you." she said as both AJ, and Erin wrapped arms around her.

"Can I see it?" Erin asked.

"Sure." Lori said and pulled her shirt down just enough where they both could see the tattoo without showing everyone her boob. It was a crimson red rose, with one petal falling off.

"That's pretty. I like the color." AJ said, as Erin hit him on the arm, "OW! What the hell was that for?"

"Quit looking at her boob."

"I was LOOKING at her tattoo. Thank you very much."

Lori laughed as they reached the baggage claim. "Which one's your's?" AJ asked.

"That big red roller one." she said pointing at it. "Don't worry I'll get it."

"No mamn. A woman when in presence of a man never carries her own luggage." AJ said as he walked off to grab it.

"He never changes does he?"

"No, and he never will." Erin said looking after husband fondly.

"Leighanne, ready to explode?"

"Girl, she's ticking like a time bomb. Poor Brian, he's trying to help Leighanne, and tend to Baylee at the same time. If she still hasnt gone to the hospital by tomorrow, me and Alex are going to take Baylee off his hands for a while."

"Bless his heart. I talk to Baylee on the phone a lot when I call."

"Good lord woman! Did you fit your whole house in this thing or what?"

"This is a pregnant woman we are talking about here. I could be staying for two weeks, ya never know." Erin said taking over the handle from AJ.

"Shall we ladies?" he asked grabbing his wife's hand, and holding his other hand for Lori to take.

Lori smiled. "We shall."

As much as she loved her life in New York, she couldn't help but feel like she was finally home.