- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here you go, i hope y'all aint too disappointed! I know it's short, but if i get some reviews, i guess i could post this weekend, wink wink! Just kidding, i know it's short, they'll be another chapter by Sunday at least. Thanks for all the reviews! Mwa!
Duck Lucky

“Um, thanks,” Fran opened the door and he came in.
“I wasn’t sure what you’d like, so I got everything, if that’s all right.”
“That’s fine.”
“What, you’re not gonna say anything?”
“I thought I was.”
“No, you’re standing there with the door open.”
“Oh, yeah, right,” Fran shut the door quickly.
“Come on, I got plates too, I know you’re hungry, you didn’t eat all day.”
“I know, I was nervous.”
“What for?”
“I got to tell you something.”
“Oh?”
“I’m not gonna be exclusive with you, there I said it.”
“No, you’re not? Good thing I brought my ass along on this trip then.”
“I’m not gonna lie to you. I’ve been in a lot of committed relationships before, and I’ve been the only one who’s had to be committed and faithful, and I want to date around.”
“You want to screw around is more like it, right?”
“No, well,” Fran composed herself and nodded, “Yeah, I want to screw around, I’m not going to pussy foot around the issue.”
“Well it ain’t gonna happen, s’long as I’m in the picture.”
“No?”
“No, it ain’t.” Fran laughed and stood up to pace the room.
“I don’t remember giving you a choice in the matter, Em.”
“I don’t remember giving you a choice in the matter either, Fran.”
“Don’t push me Em, I mean it.” She heard him stand up from the bed.
“Don’t push you? Are you really saying this shit, to me? Look Fran, you knew what kind of person I was, the minute you met me, don’t start this shit with me.”
“So this is the way you like it then? Fighting and bitching and screaming all the time. Get a damn life that’s real for a change!” Fran was surprised to hear herself shouting at him.
“Real, you don’t call this real? I’m in a fucking Motel 8, chasing after a fucking girl that wants to screw around on me. What’s unreal about that!”
“Did you ever think for one moment that the reason no one stays with you is because you aren’t the faithful one? Did you ever come to the conclusion that maybe there is something wrong with you, and not the other way around!” Fran regretted it the moment she said it. His face registered with shock.
“God, Shady, I’m sorry, I’m a fucking asshole,” she said, sinking down on the bed. He didn’t say anything, not for a long time, just stood there.
Fran got up and went to him, putting a hand up to his neck, smoothing down the soft hairs and repeating what she’d already said.
“Shady, please, I’m sorry.” He wouldn’t look at her and when he did the brightness of his eyes hurt her own.
“For some fucking reason, I got myself, mixed up, with you, and for what reason, after a fucking week, you got me, I don’t know,” he stammered.
“I’m sorry Shady, I am. I’m really sorry,” she crooned. He kissed her full on the lips then, forgetting that he was angry, forgetting that she had come right out and told him that she didn’t want to be faithful, that she wanted to be a bitch.
“I’m some lucky duck, to find you,” she said after a moment.
“Duck lucky, you’re just damn duck lucky.” He laughed.
“Hey, I thought we covered this, I’m the comedian.” He brushed the hair back from the left side of her face and she realized that she missed AJ.