- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey everyone, it's vacation time for me, so there won't be any more updates until the 17th or 18th of July, but don't worry, I finish my stories! Thanks for all the reviews! I love you guys!
The Mystery Continues

She checked her watch for the last time, noticing it was near two thirty and picked up her cell phone to dial her mother as well as her other contacts. She relayed that she was now leaving the restaurant and walked out, finishing her call and looked around as she stepped out onto the pavement. She looked both ways down the street, wondering if she might find whoever it was that was looking for her. But to no avail, she was sure she wouldn’t find them now and an hour was more than respectful. She’d left a note for whoever it was and was on her way.
AJ waited another ten minutes to make sure she was really gone before he got up and crossed the street to the restaurant. He took out his credit card to pay the bill but the hostess waved it away.
“But she ordered lunch, didn’t she?” he asked with a confused stare as he held out his credit card.
“Yes, she did, but she paid for it herself, she wouldn’t allow it to go on your tab, she spoke to the manager.” The hostess apologized and Kevin snickered as he stood beside his friend.
“But she did leave you a note sir.” AJ stuffed the credit card back in his wallet, mean while shaking his head before he took the note.
Kevin watched as AJ’s brow furrowed and he growled slightly.
“So?” Kevin asked. AJ’s ears pulled back a she recited the note.
“I was here, where were you? Please don’t leave any more notes.”
“Next move Romeo?” Kevin asked with a smirk.
“Why don’t you go murder your cheating wife like any other normal person?” AJ snapped as he pushed past Kevin and exited the restaurant.

She was settled in her room, contemplating another beer when the phone rang.
“Now what?” she thought. Perhaps it was her suitor come to annoy her some more.
“Yes?”
“There is a message here for you, a man came in and said to meet him in the bar in five minutes, Miss.”
“That’s all?”
“Yes Miss.”
“Do you know his name?”
“Sorry Miss.”
“Thanks anyway.”
“Good afternoon Miss.” She hung up the phone and sighed, not really wanting to go back down to another meeting where no one would show up and be humiliated again. So she decided not to bother. If he did not want to be forward about it, then, well, he’d miss out. She wasn’t playing his game.

She received no more messages that day and did not bother going to the bar at all. After a movie on Pay-Per-View and catching up on the phone with her two teenaged sisters, she was ready for another drink. With her book in hand she headed to the mini bar to grab a soda.
She took a moment to decide what she wanted and then she noticed it. There was a note tacked to a bottle of Coors on the door of the minibar.
“You’ll be hearing more from me.” It was all it said. Annoyed she slammed the door shut and snorted. Who the hell was this? She had the odd and sinking feeling that it was a stalker, and she didn’t like it. Always thinking the worst, she called to the desk and told them to detain anyone that left a message for her, just in case. Her life just kept getting more and more interesting.
Tomorrow was going to be a long day. She’d be in rehearsal all day with the award’s show people, after that she was having dinner with the producer of the upcoming reality series they wanted her to host, then off to her show, mingling with the audience, and to top it off, a beer in the hotel bar.

AJ sat down at the bar with Kevin beside him, knowing that she would not come to the bar under any circumstances, no matter how many nameless messages he left. Subtlety was surely not working. A direct approach was going to be necessary.
“She’s not into you man,” Kevin said after a few minutes.
“Not yet, no,” AJ said calmly.
“So what do you intend to do now?”
“Be direct.”
“S’worked in the past.”
“Mm.”
“Something bugging you man?” Kevin turned a concerned face to his friend.
“No, not really. I was just hoping that I wouldn’t have to wait the whole two months to introduce myself to her.”
“You haven’t.” Kevin was another name for Captain Obvious at these times.
“I mean introduce her to my intention. God, she’s really fucking with your brain, you know that?”
“Who?”
“You’re fucking wife. That’s why you’ve been sleep walking.”
“I’ve been sleep walking?”
“Every night you’ve been here. You get up, around twelve, twelve thirty, come down here, play that same damn song on that piano right there, stay about fifteen minutes, then go back to the room.” Kevin furrowed his brow at AJ, trying to remember if he’d had any dreams lately in which he’d been playing the piano.
“Ask the bartender. Ask her, she’s usually down here.” Kevin wasn’t going to question it, so he just ordered another scotch and sat back, nursing the liquor.
“So, the next move?”
“I’m gonna see her after her show tomorrow. I’ll send flowers to her dressing room, chicks dig that.”
“And she’s just a chick?”
“Good point. Skip the flowers, something really original. That’s what I need.” AJ scratched his chin whiskers and took a hearty sip of his club soda. Kevin screwed up his brain in concentration as well, trying to sort out the cliché from the original and found it was hard just to distinguish the appropriate from the inappropriate. He lowered his glass to the bar and decided to slow up.
“I’m just gonna leave her another note on her dressing room door,” AJ said after a minute.
“That’s as creative as you can get?” Kevin asked with a surprised look on his face.
“Right now, yes, that’s as all creative as I can get.” AJ downed the rest of his club soda and stood up.
“Now where are we going?”
“We are going back to the room and you are going to sleep, that,” AJ pointed to Kevin’s third empty scotch glass, “off.” Kevin rolled his eyes but finally realized that he was pretty drunk when he nearly fell off the stool and AJ had to help him over to the elevator. AJ shook his head as he helped his inebriated friend up to their room. Knowing that the man needed to get over his cheating wife.