- Text Size +
Rudeness is What You Demonstrate

Fran made arrangements with Marshall to meet him at the back doors of the venue to go to the party. They exchanged numbers and he left her to get changed. She whistled to herself as she changed, hot damn, she was going out to party with Marshall Mathers.
She took only a couple minutes to finish then she gathered her things to meet up with Marshall. He was waiting at the doors with a couple of his famous friends and some security guards.
“No entourage?” Marshall asked.
“En-ta what? Just me baby, that’s all you’re getting,” Fran replied and Marshall chuckled.
“And I think you are all I can handle, you are your own entourage,” Marshall replied and this time Fran laughed.
“Hey, I’m the comedian, remember?”
Fran followed Marshall out the backdoors with his giant body guards lurking in front and in back of them, wondering how someone ever got used to this.
Marshall’s reason for taking the backdoor was to avoid some of the paparazzi but that had not worked. Cameras flashed and he was pushed into Fran as the body guards closed rank on them to keep the reporters out of their faces. Fran heard a few vague questions shunted her way but she didn’t bother to answer as most of the questions ended up being about her love life. By the time she’d gotten to the limo with Marshall and been shoved in, she realized for the first time in her life, that she was a celebrity.
“Welcome to the spotlight,” Marshall muttered as he fixed his hat.
“My mom would never believe this,” Fran replied.
“No?” Marshall asked.
“Actually, I don’t believe it.”
“You never do. Anyway, these are a couple of my friends that could be bothered to come out tonight, that’s my man, Deshaun Holten, better known as Proof, and of course, Dr. Dre,” Marshall replied. Fran shook hands with them both.
They made small talk on the way to the party and when they got out it was another dash against the photographers and reporters. Fran was starting to wonder if she’d made the right decision to go with Marshall or not. There were bound to be a lot of people around here, and she wasn’t that good at it in the first place.
She settled down a bit when Marshall put a Coors into her hand and took her over to a slightly more private area of the party where just he, and three of his friends were hanging out before making the rounds. Three people, that she could deal with.
She talked and joked and laughed, Marshall pressed close to her side, interjecting only when he thought it was appropriated. He wasn’t as loud and rude as his album’s suggested, rather it was just the opposite. He smiled a lot more than his image described, and though she knew it, she was beginning to understand the importance of an image in this industry. Entertainment was going to be a lot of smoke and mirrors. So fuck the idea of getting a manager, or an agent, she could be herself for a lot longer without them.
About an hour into the party, Marshall asked her to dance. It had been the best offer of the night, so she took it. Despite the suspicious dancing he’d offered in many of his videos, the man could work his body better than any man she’d been with. She was having such a good time with Marshall’s body moving against hers and the words he was whispering in her ears that she didn’t notice that she wasn’t nervous.

AJ was standing at the door to Fran’s dressing room, waiting for her. People passed by in thinning numbers until it seemed like he was the only one there. And then he was the only one there. She’d said that she’d meet up with him after the show, right? So what happened?
He glanced at his cell phone for the last time that night and noticed that he had no messages, and that it was close to two AM. He felt like he’d swallowed a stone so much that he was sure the heaviness in his stomach was due to a gullet full of rocks. He hated to admit it, but Kevin was right.
But he wasn’t ready to admit it. He wanted to know where she was, what she was doing, who she was with. He was jealous of people he didn’t know yet. Jealous of people that she would never meet.
He waited for her a few more minutes then decided that it was best if he turn in for the night. Of course he hadn’t expected to see her here. That was just a coincidence. He hadn’t expected to really find her after the award show, did he?
Maybe he did, maybe all his hopes had been resting on this evening, and that’s why he had a stomach ache.