- Text Size +
It’s not that I can’t live without you
It’s just that I don’t even want to try
Every night I dream about you
Ever since the day you said good-bye
If I wasn’t such a fool
Right now I’d be holding you
There’s nothing that I wouldn’t do
Baby if I only knew



The weeks went by and Brian still was in San Francisco recording the new Backstreet Boys album. Brian’s cell phone rang.


“Hello?”


“Brian?”


“Yes…who is this?”


“This is Tahlia you gave me your cell number last week”


“Oh sorry about that T what’s up?”


“Well I was wondering if you had time to go out and grab a bite to eat?”


“Tahlia I don’t know? I mean doesn’t it seem weird we’re not ‘together’ anymore?”


“Brian it does but we’re just friends…nothing more”


“Tahlia I know nothing more”


“But Brian I KNOW you wish it I can tell by the sound of your voice and the way you look at me”


“Okay I admit it I can’t help it…I mean we were together for a year…”


“But half that year you were gone…you went on tour or something like that”


“I offered you to come with me”


“Brian I couldn’t just leave work for 6 months and you knew that”


“True I am sorry T okay…really I am sorry how about I take you up on that offer to grab a bite to eat? I am kinda hungry”


“All right does 6-ish sound good?”


“Yea…”


“Okay I will see you then”



Brian hung up the phone and he saw Nick looking at him.


“You are going out with Tahlia tonight?”


“Yes…she asked if I wanted to grab a bite to eat”


“But I heard y’all talking about when you were together… I know you haven’t gotten over her yet”


“Nick I know all right? Trust me I am trying my best okay? Maybe we’ll you know get back together again”


“Brian you are so full of it…I swear…you are completely getting g your hopes up…she is going to end up breaking your heart and you are going to be miserable yet once again. And you are going to wish you hadn’t gone back out with her. You are my best friend and I would hate if she breaks your heart again. I really hate seeing you in a moping mood…you don’t really work well. I am telling you…that’s what she is going to do”


“Nicky please just let me make my own mistakes all right? I am willing to risk it all for Tahlia”


“Fine Brian don’t say I didn’t warn you”