- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
It's my first attempt in fanfic writing, so plz bare with me but be honest and constructive and positive making your reviews...remember I'm a newbe lol!
Edition of this work is by (Hilda Warren)
The New Bride
By Angelgirl Dorough

Summary
Angella had made a promise to marry to a gifted man. He would live for her and only for her, but her heart wasn’t his. But he was not what he seemed to be.
Chapter 1
She was bound by a promise to marry to a strange man whom she only had known through a letter he had once written to her. But her dad gave his word to him because he owes money to him.
“Why father, why I have to marry him? He is an older man and I do not love him, I love Antonio from The Rebels Family”.
“Why, my daughter this is the only way I can save my live, you can say that I made a pat with the devil”.
“Oh, father what have you done? You are condemning me if I wed this man that my heart does not belong too”.
Angella was talking to her dad, but someone was there listening to their conversation without their knowledge.
“Oh, my dear but you will love me, you will. I just have to get rid of the man that is in between us and you’ll be mine forever”.
Their conversation stoped when they heard some rustling outside the window. The next morning a letter arrived notifying the return of Duke Howard Dwaine Dorough to the shores of England from France. To visit for the first time his fiancé and future bride and to seal the deal that would keep her father alive and let her misery begin and give her no way out.
Preparations were made and order were barked from the housekeeper and dear friend Angie to Angella who knew the troubles and hearthaches that this day would bring.
“Angella don’t worry I’m going to be here with you all the time, your father has granted me permission to stay beside you on this terrible day.”
“Angie, dear friend you have no idea how happy and relived I feel that you’ll be here with me…I don’t even know how he looks because he never sent a picture but I never asked for one either.”
“I know that was a mistake, because now he could be a hideous, old fat man.” Angie said. The two started giggling, it was the only jovial and joyful sound that had been heard since the whole ordeal began.
“Oh, good my dear you are taking it more relaxed I see”.
“Oh, father we just began to imagine how Duke Howard would look like because I never asked him for a picture, how can I miscount this important detail?”
“My dear, lovely daughter, you have told me your answer already. You are not in love with him so the interest is not there to search and pry on knowledge of him”.
“Oh father don’t worry I would not let you down if that means that I will have to forget about Antonio”.
” My daughter do not duel on the past look at the bright future upon your imminent marriage”. With that he left the room to check on the winery.
“Well, Angella I must leave, too and do the chores if I plan to be here tonight by your side”. With that Angella was left alone to duel on her misery and pray that her luck would change.