- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here is the new chapter is a bit sort but good and I promise is more to come. Chapter 11 is on the way right now.
New Bride
Chapter 10
At her confession he embraced her tightly only to release her, a wave of guilt over coming him “Please, my lady you must leave” He said and turned from her. Angelle moved towards him trying to see his handsome face. “But, why, I just told you that you hold my heart and you push me away….. Is it because you don’t want me?”She asked hurt by . “I do, my love you do not understand how much I want you with me, I just don’t want to hurt you”, He said and caressed her cheek only to retreat his hand in fear and turn from her once again. It suddenly struck her why Howard had not tried to light the candle again. Angelle stood and headed towards the door her head dropped down in defeat, or so he thought. He realized her intentions and made a quick run towards her. He made an attempt to stop her but failed when he realized what she held in her hands. He looked to the table near the room’s doorway and gasped noticing the match that was placed there gone. He gulped as he heard the sound of the match being lit. Angelle took a deep breath and closed her eyes and took a deep breath carefully exhaling so that she would not turn off the match. “Let me see you Howard?” she said with her back to him. Howard felt his voice caught in his throat not knowing what to say or do.