- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here is chapter 12 I hope you enjoy it and you know that feedbacks are always welcome!
New Bride
Chapter 12
Her head began to swim, and the room became a swirl of color as she fell to the floor. The revelations of tonight’s events were too much for her to handle. Howard picked up her limp body from the floor and carried her to his bed. He gently laid her down and brushed the hair from her face. Sighing deeply Howard called for his most trusted servant. “Gene! Gene!” Howard yelled. Gene came into the room out of breath “yes Master?” He said gasping for breath as he looked around the room and saw Lady Angella on the bed and becomes alarmed. Only dark thoughts came to his mind. He thought the worst but at that instant Howard brought him out of his trance and appeases his mind with words he knows Gene needs to hear. “Oh my dear friend, you know no better of me? After knowing she is the one”. Gene looked at him and saw the honesty and truth to his words. Many years with him, had taught him how to read his master and figure out when he was telling the truth. His master would beam and almost give out a glow and this was one of them, you see he almost never glows but in this case he was glowing almost happy. “I’m really sorry master to have thought ill of you, but I really got scared for her, Because of the way she was acting tonight. The moment she came in I knew your patience would run thin with her”. While he listened to Gene’s rant and ramblings, he laughed at what he discovered. Gene is protective of her. “My dear friend and son have you have grown fond of her like a mother, are you?” asks Howard. Gene doesn’t answer he just nodded.
“Well my son, let’s make your mother comfortable and let her father know about her whereabouts and make sure he knows that no harm has come to her. Appease his mind and in case he fusses tell him that I will go and have a talk with him”, said Howard. “Now do as I say, but before you do, tell Alexander that his services are needed, he will know what to do. Tell him that I will be waiting in the dungeon. Now Go!” said Howard “Yes master”, replied Gene leaving the room.
Howard looked at Angella who was now lying in his bed unconscious. He hovered over her a bit and lick his lips and whispered “soon my dear, soon” with that he turned leaving the room and into the night. Gene rushed to the stables and mounted his horse, riding off into the night doing his fathers bidding. Arriving at Alexander’s house, he dismounts from his horse and walks up to the large wooden door knocking three times. At the third knock the door opens and there standing before Gene was a hooded man “who’s asks for my services?” the hooded man said “The Duke Howard, asks for your services” says Gene in a stern almost harsh tone. The man nods and closes the door. Gene mounts his horse and goes off to see Otreb.
Back in the castle Angella come to and glanced around frantically scared at the unfamiliar place at first until it came to her where she was. Getting out of bed she was curious at the noise coming from outside. She reached the window to see a hooded person standing in front of the court yard. “Why has this person come here this late into the night?” says Angella starring at the figure. At that moment the figure looks up and stares at her with a smirk smile. “Those eyes, dark and piercing eyes…”she is brought out of her trance by the horse screeching. Looking out she doesn’t see the man anywhere. He is no longer there and once again her curiosity gets the best of her, when she goes off into the hall to search for the man, wondering where the man went off to.
“I saw him come in, where did he go to?” She asks herself while reaching the spiral stairs. Angella doesn’t notice the dark shadow that hovers over her, waiting for the right moment to strike. All of sudden she hears “go down and you’ll find, go down and you’ll find.” In a sing song tune almost in a whisper. Somehow Angella feels a chill run down her spin after hearing those words. “I will find what?” Angella asks in a demanding tone. “You are a feisty one aren't you? The man, the man” Angella hears, growing weaker with every word spoken. Then all of sudden Angella hears loud almost screaming voice. “GO DOWN YOU WILL FIND THE MAN…if you dare” the voice says almost a whisper once again. Then a maniacally laughter is heard, and it seemed to come from every where and no where after that. Sending a chilling feel down Angella’s back.