- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here I go again I hope you like and yes feedback is well appreciate :)
New Bride
Chapter 15

Angella tries the handle on the door and found that it is unlocked. She pulled the door slowly trying not to make any noise. She is surprised to find that the door by the appearance of being rusty and old do not make a screeching sound when opened. “Looks can be deceiving” Angella thought walking forward. She glanced into the dark abyss but cannot see anything except for the few steps in front of her. All of the sudden she begins to hear noises around her. She was caught by surprise she heard what sounded like the closing of a gate “CLANK” It went. Her interest is peaked for sure as she begins to climb down the steps. Reaching for the wall, she followed the contour to balance herself. She finally reaches the bottom of the steps and noticed the dim light to the left. She stops and looks around and she sees the hooded man, which at the moment pulls back his hood. Angella gasps because she recognizes the man. He was a trusted friend of the family once. “What is he doing here?” she asks herself.


Back on the dirt road Gene rides at full speed trying to reach the house on time because he knows that something is wrong. He feels it and the last time he felt that way was when his mother was killed.


At the dungeon Alex is preparing his revenge. He cannot believe how easy it is going to be “and it’s all because of you my dear” he thought. Memories of a long forgotten past came floating back to him. “Here take this” says a very pregnant Eve to her trusted friend and brother. Alex takes the note and hides it while reassuring her that he will do as she has asked him. Meanwhile looking with sad eyes he asks her “why Eve, why?” “Because I can’t……this child means the world to me and she deserves the best” replies Eve.


He is brought back out of his memories when he hears a moan. While he frowns at the sight beside him he bitterly says “yea the world that claim your life and taken away mine, but I will have my revenge”. While this transpires in front of her she could not move, frozen by fear. She finally moves forward and hides behind a pillar that it’s a few steps ahead and away from the stairs. In order to get a better view of what is going on and to find out where the moans are coming from she began to climb down more stairs, the moans intensify as she reached the bottom.


Alexander whispers to himself “you are here, good you didn’t disappoint me” smirking at the knowledge. Angella hears something being said but she cannot make out what have been said. “I’ll be right back, I’ll give you privacy so you can have fun” Alexander says to Howard walking away. Meanwhile looking back to confirms that she was still there and a curve smile appears in his face when he sees her trying to get a better view by moving closer to the scene that he hopes she gets to see.
Whispering to himself “soon I’ll have my revenge and Otreb will be next” at the thought he has to constrains himself to not laugh out loud out of happiness and satisfaction knowing how well his plan is going.


Outside in the dark road gene can finally see the road that will lead him back to the city and soon home. He just hopes it’s not too late.