- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Feedback is well appreciated!

New Bride
Chapter 16
 In the dungeon Angella struggles to see what is happening. She wants to know the reason for the strange man to be in the dungeon. Well I guess the strange man as disappeared apparently he has done his job, because he left". I can't see him anywhere" Angella thought to herself. Moving forward, she almost tripped over her dress again. She looked down while she reached for the side of her skirt and pull it up. Avoiding making any noise she took her shoes off slowly without any noise. Leaving them behind she walks toward where she saw the man standing before he left. Sneaking quietly she notices Howard's back.

She is about to speak when she heard a soft moan. Angella realized that Howard is not alone and in fact he is with another woman. She backed away with a tear that had escaped her eyes and with a pain tearing her heart.
She climbed back up the stairs running and tripping on her dress or maybe her tears won't let her see well. Falling down she smacked her face against the floor. A bruise begins to form on the side of her cheek. She frantically gets up and continues to climb the stairs until she sees the door again crossing its threshold blindly, bumping into a woman she did not see standing in the way. "Well did you find what you were looking for?" ask the woman with a laugh. Angella finally acknowledge her and shakily asked "what?" The woman becomes serious agitated she asks again. "Did...... You...... Find....... What You Were Looking For?" Angella recognize the voice instantly and was about to asks her; but the woman continues speaking "ah! I see those tears don't lie. He does not belong to you and never will..."she rejoices when she saw the outcome of her cruel words as Angella ran off. "Good you have been a thorn in my side long enough".
 Angella only hears maniacal laughter that fades away as she reaches the end of the corridor, seeking for the door that will lead her outside. Gene reached the house in time to see Angella running out. Dismounting his horse he rushed towards her. "My lady what are you doing? What happened?" Genes asked her when he sees the disoriented state she is in. 
  Angella could feel her body begin to sway as she looked at Gene. Before she felt her whole world turn black she was able to speak "Howard is not a man". Back in the dungeon Howard barely connected with her feelings. He could feel her pain, a pain so powerful that it makes him stop and cry out in his own pain.