- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Feedback is well appreciate!
 

New Bride

Chapter 18

            Days went by even months and Angella did not hear or seeing Howard.  Frustrated, angry and sad because of it she doesn't even get out of her chambers.  She gave up on him when a year went by.   Angie comes into her chambers trying one more time to get Angella out of her chambers and the most important tasks is make her eat.  Because since that night When Howard stops visiting her, she stops living.  "Angella please get out of this bed and see the wonderful day," say Angie pleading with her.  "Oh! Angie I think you are right he doesn't deserve any of it.  I should be happy that I'm no longer a pawn, I can live my life.  Prepare me a bath and get out my favorite dress.  I'll be taking a walk in the garden today," say Angella with a new tone of voice, of happiness.  Angie jump of excitement and happiness of the new air that Angella has.  "Yeah, sure I will, can I accompany you in the walk?" Angie asks Angella and she just nods her respond. 

They are at the garden walking through the beautiful flowers of lilacs, roses, tulips among others that carry the colors of the rainbow.  The young women walk happily in silent just being there was good enough no words were needed at all.  Without realizing it they are being watch.  "So you are up," says Gene happily as he observes them from the street.  "My master must know this..." he is stop in mid sentence when he hears the plans for the evening.  "Angie I would like to host and event tonight please let my father and friends know," say Angella not looking at her. Instead she is looking at the horizon that leads to the city.  Angella is brought back from her daze with just a name, "and Howard?"  Ask Angie hoping that she hasn't ruined the moment.  Angella just reply "huh?"  Confuse only hearing the last part of the question.  Angie repeats the question, "You are going to invite Sir Howard?"  "No!  He has not cared to come to see me so I won't bother to invite him either. He is not going to come anyway or have you see him here?  It's been a year," say Angella getting agitated, Angie just nods in agreement. 

Gene just listens and wonders if her rebellion is good or bad.  "plus I have plans on inviting Antonio tonight I heard he is back from the women that came to goggle over my father today," says Angella with a dreamy look in her eyes that accompany with a bright smile on her face.  Angie did not like what she just heard because it is not a good idea and she knows it, but instead of saying it to Angella she just nods her agreement.  "Let's go inside is getting chilly Angella and I been away too long from my duties," says Angie worry.  Angella reply with a nod of agreement and begins to walk back.  Gene gets back on his horse and rides back to the city to tell his master of the event that is going to happen tonight and what he just heard.

Later that night the party is at full swing when Martin had to receive one more guest.  It was amaze at who has arrived and is at the door.  "Oh! Good evening Sr. May I take your coat?"  Martin says quickly to Howard, extending his hands to help Howard with his coat.  Howard just nods his agreement and gives it to Martin entering the ballroom.  Howard glance the room and find his pray.  Angella is laughing and flirting with the man that accompanies her. 

            Otreb sees Howard and approaches him quickly.  "Oh! Sir Howard, How are you doing this evening?  It's a pleasure having your company tonight again," says Otreb trying to make conversation.  Howard replies curtly, "I bet."  Looking at his pray which made Otreb look at the same direction as him and sees Angella with smile that turn into a frown when he sees the companion that she has.  Otreb is about to walk over but it's detained by Howard, "Let me, I would like to give my love a surprise."

            Howard approaches the laughing couple and speak in a settle tone, "May fair Lady you seem radiant tonight."  Angella froze a moment not expecting him to come and to be so near her.  She regains her composure and replies in a sultry way, "Oh thank you sir, you are too kind."  Turning to see him for the first time in a long time, they look into each other's eyes for an instant where Angella breaks the connection turning to Antonio smiling.  She continues, "To what we owe your gracious present tonight?"  Then she gaps and says, "How rude of me," and giggles.  "Sir Howard" she says pointing to him then pointing to Antonio "Sir Antonio a dear friend," she finishes presenting the two gentlemen, while looking straight at Howard's face.  Howard looks at her and a smile comes to his face and extended his hand and shakes it with Antonio.  While Howard thinks, "I know your game my dear and two can play that game."