- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
My fabulous readers I want to let you know The Story is coming to end but don't frown there is more- a sequal....Feedback is well appreciated!!!

 

New Bride

Chapter 19

There was an awkward silence that Angella breaks asking Antonio to dance with her while she curves a smile as she looks toward Howard alluring to her game.  Where Antonio leads her to the floor obeying her wish; at that moment Howard watch not too please but as soon as a young lady came to him and asks him to dance with her.  Happily to   comply because there at the floor is his love and knowing full well that Angella is watching him.  He takes advantage of the fact and leans in closely to the maiden and whispers something, where the young woman giggles in response and Angella comes to a halt.  She is about to walk over but Antonio retain her and hiss in a harsh tone, "Don't you dare walk away and leave me here."  Angella is taken back by his tone that his words has been spoken and it is about to say something when Antonio is tap on the shoulder. 

There stood the young lady when he turns around asking him for a dance and his is going to decline her request.   Howard all of the sudden comes in and says, "My dear I believe you haven't dance with the man that is going to be your future husband." Which Angella is about to pull away he whispers sternly, "Is not a request and besides I don't think you want to dance with him more than I do?"  She looks up and sees his brown eyes that she had miss so much and long to see through his absence.  How can she resist but then again her stubbornness got the best of her  as she glance toward Antonio, who no longer hold her heart.  Something is not the same; he wasn't the man she long ago had met.  Something is not right so she accepts taking Howard's hand and they began to dance. No longer after that she feels dizzy. Her head feels light and she see swam of bright lights that she quickly shots her eyes closed and holds tight onto Howard's embrace.  She feels she is about to pass out and asks him, "Can we go somewhere?  I don't feel like myself tonight."  Howard obliges with a nod and leads her away from the room to the garden. 

Once there she no longer wants his assistances and pull s away from him as anger rises inside her.  "Why have you come? I'm surely it's not for me.  Oh! I see, wait, you came to make sure your investment stills yours," she laughs bitterly and sarcastically.  She never receives an answer where only fuel more her anger to boil as she lunches at him.  He moves quickly and grabs her hands, pulling her towards him until their bodies touch.  Angella is stun to say anything as she stares on while he leans in close to her earlobe whispering, "I don't have to see if my investment is still mine, where its mine all along.  Especially when I fell your body reacts like this." 

Meanwhile his hands move serpent like and roam her body.  She is about to protest at his advances when he passionately kiss her surprising her.  She lets go and engulf herself on her emotions and sensations he is making her feel, she moans enjoying the moment lucky for them the kiss cover their moans from escaping and hunger.  She realize, if she let herself go even more she might regret later; so she tries to pull away and he grabs her tight not letting her move.

 As soon as he kiss her, he stops and let her go leaving her arose and breathless.  She turns away from him and begins to cry unable to control her emotions she says sobbing to him, "I'm just a piece of toy for you.  Why you don't let me be?"  She says trying to regain control of herself and the situation.  "Because, my dear I pay too much for you," he grimaces at the words and sigh heavily when he hears her anger-hurt voice.  "I want to know how much I am worth sir; I might be able to repay you for my freedom and my sanity."  She is broken, hurt and no way out. As him, he touches his chest trying to ignore the killing pain he feels that is coming from Angella.  As he gets near her to console her Angie comes from inside looking for them, "There you are, your father Otreb has been asking for you; come along sir he also been asking for you presence too?"  Angie says getting worry when she sees Angella's tears.  "Give us a minute?" Angella's short reply and Angie just nods leaving them alone once again. 

 Meanwhile Angella dries her tears and glare at him saying, "Shall we, and get this over with charade?" walking ahead of him at the moment, they reach the ballroom doors they lace each other arm and enters.  Otreb see them and stop the music where he begins to say, "As all you know, my daughter has been asked in marriage by Sir Howard," he says cheerfully as everyone claps to the announcement.  Otreb continues, "And today very early, I was told by Sir Howard, my daughter Angella and him wish to be marry a month from now."  The announcement takes Angella by surprise leaving her stunt just turn to look at Howard who just smiles at her, taking her hand in his, as he kiss her sweetly  never taking his eyes away from her.