- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Once again Edit by Hilda Warren.
The New Bride
Chpater2
The time was running short and the Duke was about to arrive to their house and everything was set for his arrival.
“Angella, my dear are you ready to welcome your future husband?”
“Yes, father I ‘m ready.” She answered with a grimace on her face.
“Where is the duke? The sun is ready to set and he hasn’t arrived yet. Has something happened to him?” said Angie.
And Angella could only dream about it. She wasn’t a bad person but she wasn’t happy with the arrangements that were pondered on her. Without her knowledge, he was listening to everything and even seeing what she was thinking.
“Oh dear bride, you have much to learn. We will meet tonight don’t worry.”
The night had set and the hosted had given up on the Duke. He hoped that whatever that would happen would be enough to get him out of the hook and give freedom to his daughter. But all hopes were drowned when someone knocked on the door. Butler Martin opened the door to welcome the Duke about whom everyone was hoping that he never arrives.
“Good evening, I’m Duke Howard Dwaine Dorough- I believe everyone is expecting me”.
“Oh yes, sir, everyone is in the ballroom.” Martin smirked and thought to himself but “not wanting to see you.” He stepped out of the way to let the Duke in without realizing that he made the greatest mistake by inviting him in.
Meanwhile, Howard had heard the thoughts of Martin but gave no sign about that, because he wanted to see his Angella, who he only had seen without her knowledge but this time they’ll be facing each other. “Here I come my dear”.