- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here is the next chapter and like always feedback is well appreciated!!!!
 

New Bride

Chapter 20

            Days were passing by and preparations for the festivities where being done with little input from the bride.  The only thing Angella do is crying uncontrollably in her room, whishing for death to overcome her.  The dread day came and the house was buzzing with all the chores that the servants needed to do.  The room is decorate in white roses with lilacs flowers that were accompany with the best fine China and all the things that Angella would've love if she isn't broken, broken heart  by the man she is binding her life today. 

Time for the blessing came in the ceremony where Angella couldn't hold back the tears but the guest took it as a happy bride.  She did not want to play nice anymore and when the ceremony was over she walks off and leaves.  With Howard following closely behind her, she turned to him and said, "Take me to my prison will you? I'm tired of playing host."  Without a word the walk towards the carriage and he extend a hand to Angella to help her but she ignores in and climb the coach cart that would bring them to their home.  The ride was cruel silent that it was killing them both, but they are stubborn as they stay silent.  They had finally reached the house were Angella glances and sigh as she says, "Welcome to my prison."  Howard just shakes his head and reaches over and touches her shoulder, where she shakes it off as she says in a cold tone, "Don't touch me, I might be your wife but never your woman.  So I warm you start looking for a cheap whore to warm your bed and leave me be."  While Angella walks bitterly up to the door, anger and frustration come over Howard; he grabs her arm harshly and pulls her inside.  "Well my dear, like you said, "Welcome to your prison"... this will be yours but I warm you, you are mine and mine alone and I will do as a please."  While dragging her to the stairs and Angella struggling against fruitlessly, he continues, "and if I desire your body I will have it no questions.  Oh! And you are definitely right I will call my ladies to keep my sheets warm. " Gene and Mary witness the scene.  Gene is stop by Mary, "No boy, they have to deal with it alone.  They are stubborn but they love each other, don't forget that," she says to him

"You bastard how could you? Screams Angella while Howard replies, "I can and I will because I don't desire you, you are not the woman I want, it never was".  At that they have reach the top where Angella slaps him with a force, which made his face turn.  "You pig, animal! Yell Angella at his confession with teary eyes, turning to face her again furious he growls, "Oh, you have no idea how right you are", while his eyes had change to unnatural glow of red as he shoves her inside the room closing the door without any more words.

"Welcome to your prison, I'll make sure of that," says a mystery shadow before cracking an evil smile.

 

            The night came, and a knock was heard, "My lady can I come in?" asks Mary with concern voice.  Nothing is heard from the other side, when Mary opens the door, she walks in with a tray in hand to a pitch black room.  Walking over to night table just near the bed put the tray on the table and light on a candle to discover Lady Angella fast sleep with trace of tears on her face foretelling that she cry herself to sleep.  Mary didn't have the heart to wake her up but she needed to eat.  "Lady Angella, Lady Angella wake up I brought you dinner," when Angella stir and open her eyes to find Mary there.  Angella simply replies, "I don't want to do it." "Please My Lady, you need to eat..."Mary pleads but was cut out short by Angella, "No, I don't want anything from that pig TAKE IT OUT!"  Mary sadly complies and walks out of the room with a sad a face locking the door behind her.

            At the kitchen Mary is met by Gene who just simply says, "We need to do something." "Yes, my boy we do but not before knowing what the Master responds to this," says Mary pointing to the tray of food.

            "Master, Master," call Gene in the dark.  Suddenly a growl was heard, "yes?"  Gene swallows the lump that has form in his throat, "Master, Lady Angella refuse to eat and..." a crash is heard cutting off Gene then Gene feels a cool air and then the slam of the door.  When Howard is about to storm in he heard her crying, which stops him from doing what he was about to do and cuts him like a knife when he heard such sobs.  He turns back down and goes to the kitchen grabs the tray without acknowledging Mary or Gene that were in the room.  He reaches her room again and knocks, Angella frustrated and hurt the only thing she wanted is to be left alone.  "Leave, I don't want anything from the beast, you hear me!!!"  Howards' anger flares he storms into the room.  Angella gets up at the intrusion then glares when she realizes it's him.  "I thought I told you to keep your distance," says Angella sternly.  "I heard, you do not want anything from me the beast; that's what you wish, you'll get it, but then who will attend your father ..." says Howard coldly.  "What have you don't to my father, you, you animal?" asks Angella afraid of the answer but waiting for it trembling at the dark thoughts.  "Nothing he is doing it for me I just have to wait and see," Howard says cockily turning and leaving the room and locking it behind him.

            Angella keeps refusing to eat and Howard refusing to talk to her by saying that she didn't wanted to talk to him or wanted to be near him.  The only time he dare to is when he knew she is sleeping. 

            "They are disputing now is the time to tight bonds," the shadow rejoice while appearing a smile on his face.

            "Oh! Darling, how are you?" Otreb says when he sees her.  "Oh! Father, what have you done...Why Father?  Was I not a faithful Daughter?  Why would you sign my life away like a piece of trash?" Angella asks between uncontrollably sobs and hiccups to the man in front of her.  "Why you ask that darling, of course you are my daughter and only one at that; don't be silly ok," says Otreb reassuring her giving her a hug.  "I must be going now, be happy ...you'll see with time you will begin to love him and all of this will be forgotten," with that he left her with her misery. 

            The dusk is at hand, Angella looks on and sighs of sadness and despair, she asks herself, "Why my love, why you don't let me in?" Howard just answers her in her thoughts when her sorrow and thoughts he hears, "Oh my darling I'm sure you don't want to know.

            Nights come and go and she keeps having the dreams a dark shadow that painfully leaves her and light appears in the end.