- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Reviw is very appreciate!
New Bride
Chapter 3
He enters the ballroom and everyone’s eyes were upon him but his eyes were only on his Angella. She didn’t dare to look up to him but she knew that he was there. For a strange reason she could tell he was there, it was like she could sense his presence. He knew that she had sensed him there, but didn’t dare to look at him so he demanded her attention. She heard him for the first time in her head. And even though it was a demand, it was a sweet and melodic tune, which he spoke to her, telling her to look at him for the first time. “Oh, my dear look at me, I’m here only for you and only you.” It didn’t let her go, so she had to obey. There she dares to look at him with timid eyes that were in a brink of crying, because this will signify that all her hopes were now over and she was now and for forever his.
“Angella there he is, we were wrong, my lady, he is a gorgeous deity; you are so lucky, my lady the gods have smiled for you” said Angie.
“I believe not. This is a cruel joke on me and my heart. I was hoping that this was a nightmare that would never begin, but then... he is there, staring at me. I have no escape from this cage that the gods have put me in. ‘’
Howard heard this suffer and fear filled thought. He wanted to bind her through a vow to make her happy and change her mind, but he would do it in a way that she would be his willingly, without using power if that was possible… “You, my dear Angella, my bride to be, I will vow that you’ll love me and will be mine forever from you own choosing.” He walked up to her, but before reaching his desired and valuable jewel, Otreb, Angella’s father, came to him to welcome him to his house.
“Duke Howard, I was afraid that you would not make it tonight, but here you are; now I can rejoice for your presence in my humble home.” The Duke acknowledged the man and greeted him back.
Then, he excused himself and continued his task, going straight to his love desire. Angella had no escape now and to her unluck; Angie had moved a couple of steps away to give Angella the privacy that the duke had requested, without Angie realizing it.
“My fair lady, how are you tonight?’’ the Duke said.
“Well fine, Sir. Who do I have the honor to speak with?” said Angella.
“Oh, where are my manners, I’m Duke Howard Dwaine Dorough, the one you are promised to marry.’’
Angella’s calm seeming masquerade failed and she just couldn’t hide her sorrow.
“My dear Angella you are the joy of me that I can’t hide” said the Duke. “Please, I beg you Sir. Don’t say such things to a lady like me” said Angella.
“Why so? Are you ashamed of these feelings that now are dueling in you, which have been dormant for many years until you came to pass someone?”
“Sir, you do not know me at all. And I’m destined to marry you...’’ there she stopped when she realized that she had spoken too much for her taste.
“ I beg your forgiveness, I have said too much for your kind and so beautiful words, so ,Duke, pardon me” with that she left without saying another word trying, to escape his gaze and such beautiful words that he shouldn’t have said because she did not want to love him. The way she had pictured him in her mind before was all so wrong. He was everything he shouldn’t have been. His gaze was capturing her in a way she didn’t want to let go, she want to hear his kind words on and on... Confusion took over her, so the only way to feel safe and calm from the flood of emotions gathering up in her was to run. To escape from him. At least, for a while. She ran out the ballroom and into the hall passing the various halls, which seemed never ending, and several staircases. Till now her family’s estate had seemed tiny to her, but now it felt like she had run for years until she reached the garden doors that would help her escape the moment of heat that had transgressed in the ballroom.