- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Edit is by Hilda Warner and ofcourse feedback is very Appriciate!
New Bride

Chapter 4
He had followed her without her knowledge; he was waiting for the right moment to make his presence known. So he watched her and saw that his love was in the garden but something was wrong, she was crying and when he decide to go and console her but he didn’t move on as he heard that someone was there, calling her name and it was a voice of a man.

“Angella, Angella is that you?”
“Antonio my love is that you?’’
“Yes it’s me …”
“What are you doing here? My husband to be is in the ballroom and any minute someone would come for me.”
“You should come with me and forget everything” said Antonio.
That fueled the Duke with rage and he was about to make his presence known when he heard something he thought he would never hear.
“I can’t leave everything and travel around the world when my beloved father is at risk of loosing his life.” said Angella.

“Don’t be mad woman, I love you and your father never seeked your interest because if this was true, he would not sell you like a cattle in a farm to get out of debt.” ‘’Don’t say that, you do not know anything about my father’s affairs. Nana was right about you, you are only seeking some response from my father and that’s why you seek my attention. I think you better go before I scream for help.” said Angella crying in her heart, she was tearing up inside, he was tearing her out.
“You are mad, my lady, I do have my heart beating for you, but you got to leave everything behind for my love and soul” said Antonio.
“You’re mad, how you can speak this way knowing how I feel about my father? And now I beg you Sir, to leave you have nothing here for you anymore” said Angella. She had turned her back to him because if she did watch him one more minute she would fail and would turn her life upside down.
At that moment she felt again the same way she did when the Duke was staring at her or even when his presence was announced but he was in no sight yet.
“I think you should leave now I have to get back before I’m missed” said Angella. “Please, Angella come with me…”
“ No! Please Sr., you no longer have my heart please leave.”
There Antonio left without anymore trouble. But Angella was lost for words.
“I guess this is my faith that I have to endure it for you father, I will love you for ever and I will keep my promise to you, mother, I will look after father always, no matter what that would mean to me. I guess I have to get back to my ball before I’m missed. She walked out of the garden and crossed the halls with the same feeling of the Duke’s presence near her but she didn’t see anything, only heard the music playing in the ballroom that could be heard even from the distance. He was also getting back to the ballroom, but he returned faster than her. She got in, and the first thing she saw was his smile that would light and entice any woman except her.