- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks goes to Howie Girl for editing this chapter. I hope you enjoy!
New Bride
Chapter 7
They walked out of the ballroom unnoticed until he found the gardens, there Howard settles Angella on a bench where she hovers over and started to throw everything up. While she was doing that, Howard noticed her actions and how her body moved, and found himself amused seeing her like that. A lady would never do such a thing. He could sense that something was wrong, but what? His curiosity was now peeked and he needed to know. So he began to ask her some question once he saw that her sickness had subsided. “Why are you doing this to yourself what is troubling you? Ask Howard with feelings that he had thought were long gone. “Oh my I do not where to start, my life has been completely turned up side down, I am to be married to a man that I do not know and the threat over my father’s head, and now this recurring dream that has me horrified that I am having trouble going to sleep, you see my dear Howard” she said spitefully “I am not the same girl you met a while back. I’m scare for my life and I can’t depend on anyone but it seems that everybody counts on me” said Angelle. “You can count on me my lady you have my attention and my heart” at that Angelle laughs at his confession. “My dear this is not the first time I been told I hold someone’s heart for later to be crushed. So you see I do not believe in those words any longer so I beg you kind sir not to use it around me it only remind me of twisted and cruel fate.” “Which is?” Ask Howard. “That no man stays with me, some how they end up hurting my heart, you see Antonio the love of my life…” He cringe as she said that but said nothing and let her continue with her story so that he could better understand what was deeply troubling her. He was about to find out but did not count on how much it would hurt. He was deep in thought when he caught himself and notice the women he was going to have soon, if he had his way was shedding tears, tears!?! Tears of a broken heart of a love never corresponded the way it should have but he was willing to heal and correspond. “That’s my duty,” said Howard. Without realizing that he had said it, those two words at loud. She cringe at what he said. She was a duty, god she was hoping that at least he loved her, but no she was a duty. ‘God this day could not be any more troubling for me than it is right now, she thought.’ As she let more tears fall. Thinking deep in thought Howard could not hear what she had said in her mind.