- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks goes to Howie girl for her support and help editing this chapter....
I hope you all enjoy and ofcourse feedback is well appreciate:)
New Bride
Chapter 8
Angelle had passed out in the garden. Where Howard rushed over and took the lead, carrying her to her chambers, where he had entered in to her dreams and thoughts for many nights. After fiasco in the garden, the days seem to pass Angelle by in a blur with one exception, the recurring dream that haunter her every night became more and more intense and more erotic and somehow she didn’t have the will to control what her body does, and yet her body is enjoying it. So when the fair maiden encounters Howard in their evening meetings their conversations are still inquiring but are more on a personal level that if someone would listen in on their conversation they would become appalled and baffle by it, and will immediately think that the lady and the Duke are having an affair. But little did she know that she and the Duke indeed have an affair and only he knew the truth…
One afternoon before an evening of countless parties that her father Otreb had recently hosted in his home. Angie approached Angelle in order to speak to her about the lifeless complexion she noticed on her dear friend and asked her if she was still having those dream that haunter her. “Angelle my dear lady are those dreams still troubling you?” said Angie. “Yes but do not worry I think this dream will go away when I wed Howard” said Angelle. And how you going to make that happen my lady, when he hasn’t even mentioned it. The only one who has mentioned it is your father” said Angie. “Yes, but I will” said Angelle with smirk, feeling very please and happy to do so.
One morning she heard an argument between her father and the voice of a man she could not recognize. As Angelle was about to walk away she heard her name mentioned in the conversation. “But why does my daughter have to be the payment for something I did with the Duke one late night while I was drunk…”
“This conversation is over Sir and for the record, your daughter is not a pay off. If my understanding of this situation with my master is correct you were the first to bring it up and put her as a pay off, as you so eloquently put it.” He said and walked out as he passed by Angelle not noticing her, or at least that is what she thought.
Angelle stood there for a few moments taking all that she had heard. She made it her mission to find out what really happen to her farther, and why he is afraid of his freedom. Yet, hearing from her father’s mouth that he had pawned her away with no hesitation at all, she felt betrayed, and the only one that could bring her out of this confusing state was the Duke. All she had to do was wait for the evening festivities and she would be able ask him about what she overheard. She waited patiently for him to show, yet to her disappointment he had not appeared. Angelle felt disapointed as she came to realize he would not come to the night’s festivities. “My lady!” She heard and turned to find a young lad with a note in his hand. “my lady…”He said out of breath “I was asked to give this to you , it is from Duke Howard” The lad said. Taking the note in her hand she began to read it. Her eyes filled slightly with sadness, yet she began to feel a connection to him, she did not know if it was her desire for Howard something in her stirred as she thought of the worst possible scenario. She closed her eyes tightly trying not to think of it and grew even angrier.
“Where are you going my lady?” ask Angie concern at her emotion state. “I’m in search of Howard, this is not him”, shoving the small paper to Angie’s hand. Angie look at the note that said a few lines:
Dear fair lady,
I am heartbroken to say that I will not be able to accompany you this evening. Other pressing matters have come along that need my pressing attention. Please my love, do not think I will not be thinking of you because I will. You are my star in the darkest night and I can not wait to see you again.
Duke Howard Dwaine Dorough
At that Angie followed Angelle to her chambers and helped her get ready to leave and asked her why she was in such foul mood. “Because my friend, while reading this note I had a disturbing image of Howard with another women caressing her and kissing her sensually in her neck the way I wish many nights that he would do it to me. So I want to take that thought out of my mind and in order to do that I need to see him now”, said Angelle . “You let your imagination take control of your emotions. I know that no such thing is happening”, said Angie trying in Vail to calm her mind. “Well I guess I will find out won’t I” said Angelle.