- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I apologize for taking too long but laziness took over me lol! But the wait is worth it. my readers let me know what you think. :) So feedback is much appreciated!
New Bride
Chapter 9

Angie argued against Angelle’s decision to go out late at night to the house of a man. It mattered no if it was the house of her future husband. But as strong and stubborn as Angelle she was determined to do the opposite of what Angie advised. Angelle began to run through the streets of the city in search of Howard’s home. She had to sneak into her father’s study and take the address from the note book he kept in the desk before she began her journey. No one seemed to be out late into the night. Only beggars and a drunken man hunched forward fast sleep from drinking too much. Yet some how she could not find the house fast enough. As soon as she was about to scold her self for not listening to Angie, she saw what she thought was the man she was looking for, but some how she froze when she was about to call him, some how he had escaped her sight. ‘No it couldn’t be him, lets forget this madness and go home something has kept him from me, but not for long I hope to see him again soon …’ her thought was cut short when she came face to face with the front gates to his home. The gate was slightly ajar and she was able to enter with ease. She could not see much for it was pitch black and some how the moon light was not able to reach the house.

Cautiously she walked to the front door and used the bronze door knockers to make her presence known. She waited patiently for a few moments and sighed softly, as she was about to turn the door opened to reveal the man she had seen in the morning, at her house. The one that was arguing with her father. “My lady what are you doing here so late at night? Are you alone, did you have someone accompany you here?” He was petrified by her presence at the front door, not just because of could have happened to her or what she was thinking of doing. It was more the frightening thought of what his master would do to him. She was frustrated, tired and angry just thinking that Howard might be with someone and now to see this man act in such a manner confirmed her suspicion.

“Where is your master, where is Howard I demand to see him Now?!?” said Angelle. “My lady I suggest that you come along with me I will take you to your home…?” he was caught short by her frosty glare and harsh tone “I want to see Howard” and with that she march straight where she thought his bed chamber was. She was prepare to see the unimaginable but when she enter his chambers what she saw sent a troubling emotion of sadness that fueled with rage. The realization that he was not there hit her. When she finally decided to turn back around towards the door she smacked hard with something or someone hard. There she gasped as the candle that was burning a few second ago blew out and she couldn’t see a thing.

“Ouch, Bloody hell…what this? Angelle asked to no one at least that’s what she thought. Until she heard someone say in growl manner, “A fair lady such as your self should not be saying such things, my lady” She could not recognize the voice at first until he said the two words that made her heart jump with joy. But not this time this, this time she was so mortified that she had been caught. She could tell by his tone that he didn’t sound happy at all. But she knew it was him, it was Howard. She gasped and put a hand to her chest to recover from the scare. “You scare me Howard, where are you?” she ask reaching out but where she thought he was. But to her surprise he no longer was. It wasn’t until she felt his hand surround her waits that she relaxed and felt a bit of excitement overall. “What are you doing here this late into the night alone my lady?” He said as he whispered in her ear. It was so hypnotic that she whimpered with desire that threw her head back leaning against his strong chest. “Oh Howard when news came to me that you were not coming tonight I felt sad and disappointed. You see I become accustomed to the chats we share and to have you around…” she laugh at her own confession and continue “I wanted to see you sir…” “Sir?” Howard asked. “I wanted to see you Howard…… you see I feel silly saying this, but I felt rage and betrayal when you sent me the note that you were not coming, I let my mind run away with me and my insecurities, I began to imagine you with another woman kissing neck and…” at hearing that Howard release his hold on Angelle. Angelle grimaced; the sweet sensation of his body was no longer there. She dropped her gaze to the dark floor and asked him if she has done something wrong. Howard was too much into his own thoughts that he could not hear her question ‘She has seen me, she has connected with me’.

“Howard? Howard where are you?” she asked and reached for him. She soon gave up and crouched down to the floor with tears in her eyes. “I know I was being silly to accuse you of such a thing, but I felt that you were not coming and that you might have gotten tired of me. Yet the dreams that I’m having, the conversation that took place this morning between my father and your servant and how…… how I was the main subject. So I formulated a plan, I was going to seduce you to marry me and then I got the note and that silly thought, everything was bottled up inside of me and it is why you find me here tonight.” Angelle said crying. She was devastated and felt humiliated that she was throwing herself to a man that didn’t want her. He saw her every move and her desperation and knew her thoughts and desire that he had to smirk. He gently went to her and reached out to shrunken for, his hand gently grazing her shoulder. “My fair lady why do you do this to yourself?” Asked Howard. He was going to continue, but stopped when he saw her bare neck and licked his lips. He was still hungry and moved away quickly “I think you better leave my lady, you shouldn’t be here.” He said softly turning away from her form.
Angelle straightened herself up from the floor. She felt a small pain in her heart, with one last glance she decided to give up and began to move toward the door. It wasn’t until she heard a sound that sounded like pain and agitation. She followed the sound carefully, reaching out until she touched him, she felt him he shiver. Reaching to caress his face she looked at him worried. In her mind she though he was falling ill. “My lord, are you all right?” she asked softly. Howard grabbed her wrist sharply and growled “You better leave my lady, NOW! He screams to her face. Her fear came back, she did not know why he was pushing her away but she knew he was in pain. But from what? “No” she whispers “I want to help you, are you in pain…” she was quickly interrupted by Howard. “You want to help me, then leave me be” he said and released her. He bent over in order to not see the pain in her eyes, but the smell of her blood and body was too much to handle for him. “Just leave.” He whispered harshly still. “No, and that’s my final word, when I came here I was filled with many emotions but the ones that dominated me, the one that ultimately brought me here tonight was anger and jealousy.
I let my mind play a trick on me, I imagined you with a women, holding her the way I wanted to be held I know I shouldn’t be telling you this, but I feel so comfortable around you that I am able to be open with you. I have no fear of doing wrong. And now…now I feel foolish because now I see that it was my wild imagination and that you are in trouble. Let me help you…” she said reaching out and caressing his face. At her touch he moved his face away, “please do not say or do such things.” said Howard in desperation from keeping her from harm “Why, why are you pushing me way? Did I do or say something to offend you or is that you do not find me attractive anymore? Angelle said the last few words in a whisper, he saw her pain but he was battling his own pain and desire that every passing minute that she was there he was loosing. “No, I do find you very attractive and very much desire you…I desire you so much that I can’t right…now please leave before I loose control” said Howard getting near her face. “Oh, Howard you make me very happy I was afraid that you didn’t have anymore interest in me.” Angelle said brushing her lips to his own lips and Howard growl and she depend the kiss, at that Howard couldn’t contain himself and bite her lips, “Ouch” Angelle yelped and push him away while touching her lips, while Howard lick his.
She could feel the blood as she touched her lips gently her mind began to fill with questions. Angelle got the courage to ask him what he was, but wasn’t quite ready to hear the answer. “My dear I have asked you to leave and you didn’t, and now you are afraid”…she cut him off “I’m not afraid I just want you to tell me the truth.” whipping her lips with her hand, she walked closer to him and caressed his cheek gently. He was surprise by her actions but didn’t say anything he just watches her amused as she hugged him tightly. “Why you are not fleeting from this place?” He asked trying to contain the urge to give her a deathly kiss on her fair skin. “Because I love you Howard” said Angelle tightening the hold on him. Howard felt his breath get caught in his throat and his heart jump at her words.