- Text Size +

 

 

 

“Remind me if those two need their own chaperones,” Howie muttered to Kevin as he, Kevin and Brian reached the police station where AJ and Nick are currently detained together with the man they beat up with. Audrey called about a half hour ago and told them that the police arrested the two for picking up a fight and refusing to stop beating a man in the club.

They saw Audrey sitting quietly by the reception area. When she saw her other brothers, she stood up and hugged them. “Where are the two?” Brian asked.

“They’re inside. The police separated them from Kyle because they won’t stop beating him up. I’m sorry. It’s my fault.” Audrey bit her lower lip. Brian puts his arm on her shoulders.

“What happened?” Kevin’s brows furrowed. He saw Howie talking in French with the police officers and he can only understand a little of what they’re talking about because Howie switched to Spanish after that.

“Who’s Kyle?” Brian frowned. He’s beginning to guess what really happened.

“Kyle is the one who came to me at the club. Nick was standing nearby with a woman while AJ was talking with some people across us. And then Kyle noticed Nick seemed to be staring at him and that’s where it all started. When Kyle learned that I’m with my brothers, he gave me this malicious look in front of Nick. It infuriated me and I punched him on the face. When he told me that I was a bitch, Nick and AJ jumped on him and beat him up. The security at the bar threw them out but the two won’t stop so the police came and picked all three of them.”

Kevin’s jaw clenched, as well as Brian’s. “The guy called you bitch? Where is he?”

“Oh no, not you too.” Audrey turned to Kevin and hugged him. Kevin and Brian looked at each other. Audrey has the power to rouse their protective instinct as her older brothers. She seemed too delicate and needs their protection. Howie came back to them with a smile on his face.

“All’s done. AJ and Nick will be free.” He winked. “But first, we have to see them inside. I’d love to see what they looked like behind bars.” He shakes his head. He looked at Audrey. “And we’d like to see Kyle as well. He’s lucky he’s inside or else, we’ll beat him up senseless too.”

Audrey rolled her eyes. Brothers! She followed the three towards the cell where AJ and Nick are. “Hello, adorable brothers.” Brian greeted with a teasing smile. AJ and Nick turned when they heard them.

Nick stood up and went to the bars. He glared at Audrey. “If only you didn’t wear that skirt and replied that flirty remark, none of this would have happened.”

“Lady, you’re not going to any clubs if you look so damn gorgeous. Got it?” AJ seconded. “I’m beginning to regret I took you to a salon.” His brothers laughed at the last one.

Audrey frowned and gave them weird looks. “What was her flirty remark then, Nick?” Kevin asked.

Nick’s eyes never left Audrey’s. “She just told the man that she’s whatever he thinks she is when he asked her if she lives here or just a tourist. You made it sound you’re easy, Auddie.” He points his fingers to her. “You’re grounded.”

“Hey, do you have the right to tell me I’m grounded? You’re not Mom. Besides, I handled the guy. I punched him on the face. You just made it worst when you and AJ decided to kill him.”

“Nick can’t make you grounded? He’s your brother. I am, too, and I’m telling you that you’re grounded.” AJ stood beside Nick. He turned to Howie. “I heard your Spanish-speaking friend knew you since then and we’re free to go. Why are we still here?”

“Just savoring the moment,” Howie smirked. They flinched when he shot a photo of them with his camera phone. “Ah, unforgettable memories. Anyway, Kyle will be free too but after two hours. If we can’t beat him like you did, that’s the least we can do.” A guard stepped forward and unlocked the cell. Nick and AJ went out of it. They never stop glaring at Audrey. Their sister returned the look. Then the two went to the other cell where Kyle is.

“Hey, pretty boy.” AJ mocked. Kyle looked up.

“Hey, you.” Nick pointed his fingers to the man. “Don’t show your face to us or in LA because if you did, this night is going to have a repeat performance. Remember our faces and don’t mess up with our sister.”

Audrey rolled her eyes. “Come on guys. It’s not worth it.” But her brothers didn’t budge. She decided to leave them and just wait outside. She stood beside their car while waiting for them. They’re overreacting. They love the idea of being her older brother and protecting them from guys who may only hurt her but if things like this will continue, she should do something immediately to prevent this.

“Hi.”

Audrey turned and saw the familiar face. It’s Philippe. “Uh, hi.”

“What are you doing outside the police station?” Philippe removed his eyeglasses and Audrey found him more charming.

“Hey. You’re speaking English.” She smiled and extended her hand. “By the way, I’m Audrey. My brothers are inside. It’s a long story. How about you? What are you doing here at this hour?”

Philippe shrugged as he puts his hands into his pockets. He shyly smiled. “I’ve gone from a friend who teaches me how to speak English. I've been studying in a long time now.” He stared at her. “I thought I won't make us of it until I met you. I want to understand you, hoping that I’ll meet you again.”

“Oh,” Audrey felt herself blushed. Philippe will do that for her? “My brother heard that you’re still a student.”

“I’m specializing cardiology in the university.” Philippe replied in his hard English. He’s still struggling for words before he answer her. “I’d like to know you better if you will let me, Audrey. I hope it’s okay. Uh, maybe we can also go and eat at McDonalds some time and just talk and learn from each other.”

“You’re asking me out?” Audrey smiled.

“Uh, like a date? Yes, Audrey.”

“Sure.” Philippe stared at her after her reply. “I’d like us to talk and learn from each other,” she slowly told him. “You can pick me up at Chateau Cordell. That’s where I’m staying right now.”

“Wow. You live there?” Philippe turned when he saw five men coming out of the station. “Okay. Tomorrow at five pm. I have classes until four. Thank you, Audrey.” He smiled to her. They turned and waited for Audrey’s brothers to reach them. “Good evening, monsieur.”

Kevin looked at him then to Audrey. “You understand each other now?”

“Yes, Kevin. He also asked me out.” Audrey replied, giving AJ and Nick a challenging look.

“Who are you?” Brian asked the younger man. Damn, can’t any man live their sister alone?

“My name is Philippe Deveraux.” He extended his hand for an offer of a handshake with them. Behind him, Audrey is glaring at her brothers. So, they each shook hands with Philippe, introducing themselves one by one. “It’s been nice meeting you. Excuse me but I have to go now.” He turned to Audrey. “Au revoir, mademoiselle.”

“Au revoir, Philippe.”

They all watched him walk away. Nick took one last look to Philippe then glared at his sister. “You’re not listening, aren’t you? You’re grounded and yet, you accepted a date with him.”

“Geez, Nick. Don’t worry too much about me.” Audrey looked at her brothers and they’re giving her a look. “Hey, you’re overreacting. Did you know that?”

“We’ll go with you.” Howie said. The others agreed on that, especially Nick.

Audrey stared at them incredulously. “What? No way! Oh no. This can’t be happening. I don’t need your overprotection. You’re not going with me tomorrow. No way! No way!”