- Text Size +

 

 

“There he is,” AJ told his siblings after a long walk to find the restaurant where Nick usually went. “I spotted him there once, reading a French newspaper.”

Brian smirked while Howie amusingly shakes his head. Nick never ceases to surprise them. “French newspaper?” Kevin curiously looked to where Nick is. “He’s a special child, isn’t he?”

Audrey laughed aloud. Her brothers quickly shushed her. Oops.

“What makes him go there every night?” Howie asked. They stood at the sidewalk as they watched Nick across the street doing something on a piece of paper. A waiter came and gave him his orders. They chatted for a while. They seemed to know each other well. After the waiter left, Nick looked at someone and smiled. They searched to know who it is and saw a woman exchanging smiles with Nick.

“That’s Sophia. What a small world!” Howie exclaimed. His siblings turned to him. “What? I know her. She’s my cousin!”



~~~



Everyone pretended to be busy when Nick arrived around eleven in the evening. He’s carrying a newspaper once again which made them wonder before why he always have a copy after going out in the evening. After Howie told them about Sophia LaCrouix, they now understand.

“Fuck,” AJ muttered when he couldn’t think of any word to put in the scrabble. He’s just pretending to play with Audrey and Brian but he also wanted to win. Nick smirked behind him and picked up his tiles to put on the board. Booger. Triple word score.

They laughed. “Thanks, Nick.” AJ said as he notes down his score.

“What’s that?” Audrey feigned innocence as she asks Nick.

“Newspaper,” Nick started towards the grand staircase. He didn’t notice them looking at each other.

“Are you seeing someone, Nick?” AJ turned to ask. He received a couple of tiles thrown his way. They agreed never to bring up the topic. They wanted to observe him. Audrey told them that he never had a hard time in dealing with women that’s why he dated a lot in LA. But seeing his shy nature last night made them all curious. There must be something special with Howie’s cousin.

AJ glared at them then turned to Nick who stopped in his tracks. “No. What made you say that?” he asked AJ.

AJ shrugged. “No, it’s nothing. I’m just thinking about a friend of mine who really likes you. She lives in Beverly Hills. She’s been telling me a lot about you seeing in the clubs. Of course, she didn’t know that you’re my brother. I didn’t tell her.”

“Oh, so how’s she?”

Howie raised an eyebrow. How’s she? What kind of question is that? He continued playing chess with Kevin as he moved his rookie.

“Well, just to make it short, she’s hot. I’ll introduce you to her when we get back to the states.”

“Well…” Nick paused thoughtfully. “Actually, I’m not interested, AJ. Thanks anyway.” His statement made Audrey turn to him.

“Really? Are you gay?” AJ pressed on. Surprisingly enough, Nick didn’t get mad at that question.

“No. Of course not!” He just quickly replied. “I’ve decided to take the bar first and become a lawyer.” Now, everyone’s looking at him. “And then at the same time, probably, get a hold on Dad’s business.”

“Are you feeling well, Nick?” Brian asked him.

“Uh, yeah. Why did you ask?” Nick had this innocent look on his face. He looked so serious.

“We’re just glad you’re pursuing your career,” Kevin replied and stood up. “Okay, sleeping time.” Audrey rolled her eyes. Kevin had this habit to tell them what to do. She stood up and went to Nick, surprising her brother when she hugged him.

“Hey…” Nick chuckled and hugged his sister back. “What’s going on, guys? Do you love me now? You hate me, remember?” After their camping, their relationship as siblings becomes smooth. He only received weird looks from his brothers as they turned to leave.



~~~



“Over here!” AJ yelled and strike a pose when Audrey focused her camera to him. They went to the Eiffel Tower and began taking pictures after they come back down from the tower. Kevin and Brian only watched. They couldn’t have enough fun since both were thinking about home and the people they left behind. They wished that their own family were with them to share the moments while in Paris. They watched as Nick takes the camera from Audrey and told her to pose with AJ and Howie. He called for Kevin and Brian too.

“Join them.” He says.

Kevin and Brian didn’t say anything and joined the others. Soon enough, they had fun with the camera and with the places that people often looked at the siblings in amusement. They even asked random strangers to take pictures of them all together. There’s one shot where they carried Audrey in their arms. There’s also one when AJ tripped and Howie caught it on a picture. They just made crazy things in the morning and by noon, they found themselves pushing the car because it won’t start.

Howie kept on laughing at the situation they had. He never felt so happy like this before and he actually enjoyed being with them. He left Puerto Rico with a heavy heart after some recent personal events. These people made him smile again.

“Audrey, start the car!” Nick snickered when Audrey didn’t know what to do anymore. Kevin is sitting beside her inside and pressuring her. “Audrey’s having a hard time with Kevin.” They chuckled. Actually, they can leave the car and find a cab to go home. But Kevin still believes that the car will start.

Just when they pushed again, Brian let out a disturbing fart. “Oh man. You chose the best moment to let out some air!” Howie exclaimed. AJ and Nick laughed. They are now just standing behind the car, their nose covered. Kevin went out of the car towards them. He stopped when he smelled the bad odor.

“Who farted?” Kevin chuckled. Everyone pointed to Brian who only gave him an innocent look before laughing too.

“What’s going on?” Audrey went out then stopped. “Oh, man! Who’s the culprit?” They all pointed to Brian.

“Hey, I’m hungry. Let’s eat first.” AJ said. Others agreed. Audrey steered the car towards the sidewalk with their help and they started walking to find some good place to eat. They found a cozy outdoor restaurant and chose to sit together in two tables they joined to accommodate them. As they wait for their orders, they began talking about the fun they had at the Eiffel Tower. Howie, on the other hand, began talking business with AJ and began planning to start a new one with all of them as major owners. Soon, the others joined in the conversation.

“You want a pink pair?” AJ smirked to Audrey, pertaining to office uniforms.

Howie chuckled and looked around. His wandering eyes stopped at a woman across the street. She is facing her back to him as she looks at the displayed item in a boutique. Howie can recognize that long curly black hair anywhere. “Cixi…” His heartbeat raced and stood up; eyes never wavered to the woman. His siblings turned to him in wonder. They even get more curious when without a word he leaves them and crosses the street towards somewhere they don’t know.