- Text Size +

 

 

Nick placed the French newspaper down and sighed. He managed to get a subscription of the newspaper through his connections. He still wanted to read Sophia’s column even though he’s no longer in Paris. He didn’t know what hit him and never got the courage to talk to her and know more about her. It’s frustrating. Now that he’s home, he even lost interest in going out with the women he knew and go to the clubs. He also started to arrange his preparations for the bar exams to become a lawyer. He wanted to focus on this career and maybe by then, he already had the courage to find Sophia and talk to her. Probably, he already had something to be proud of to show to her. He admitted that Sophia intimidated him. Looking back at the things he’s done in the past, he wanted to show her he can be worthy of her attention.

He walked out of his room and saw Kristin walking down the hall with Kevin. “Where’s Koko?”

The two chuckled. “He’s sleeping with his nanny.” Nick took a nanny for Koko as soon as they arrived earlier. They picked up Brian along the way and Kevin finally met Leighanne.

“Oh, alright.” Nick scratched his head. He’s juggling his car keys in his hand.

“Where are you going?”

“Oh.” Nick bit his lower lip. “I’ll just go to the review center to get my modules. I started my review classes for the bar exams in November.” He saw their smiles grew wider. He thought that Kevin is a very serious person before but seeing Kevin now, reunited with his family, Kevin is a jolly person as well as Kristin. These two are very much happy together.

“That’s great. Don’t be late at the meeting earlier.” Kevin reminded him of Atty. Laxe’s call for the reading of the second will. He is not expecting for anything but he wondered why does the lawyer still wanted them to be present. Maybe they will get something after all, or maybe none. Whatever the case may be, he’s thankful that he found his siblings. He will cherish the moments he had with them.

Nick only nodded and said goodbye. When he’s gone, Kristin turned to her husband. “Let’s take a walk. I want to go around the place.” She’s excited that she’s in California with him. They both wanted to go in this state but never got the chance because of money. Kevin agreed and they started towards the front door.



~~~



Nick walked out of the elevator when he got to the floor where the law office is. He first saw Audrey, with her back turned to him, walking down the hall. AJ is frowning at their sister as the other talks to someone over the phone. “Damn it, Audrey. Give me that phone!”

But Audrey only ignored her brother. It was obviously Philippe on the other line. Nick shakes his head. They need to talk later about what this guy really wants with their sister. He saw Brian walked out of the office and called Audrey. When their sister turned, Brian gave her a warning look then went back in the office. Jamie, Atty. Laxe’s secretary, came out from the room to call them. The lawyer is now ready for the second reading of the will.

Nick sighed. He’s looking forward for this day. He wanted to hear Atty. Laxe announcing that his brothers, especially Kevin and Brian, will be getting something from their father. He turned when the elevator opened at that floor and his mother came out.

“Atty. Laxe invited me too.” Barbra told him. She turned to Audrey. “Young lady, I appreciate it if you put down that phone for a while or else I’ll ground you back to a boarding school when you get to college.” When they returned from Paris, Barbra announced that Audrey will be transferring out from boarding school to a school of her choice. Audrey chose to stay in boarding school since it’s her senior year but she wanted to pursue college in a culinary school in Switzerland. She wanted to be a chef.

Nick, who stood behind their mother, stuck his tongue out to his sister.

“I’m just talking with Philippe.”

“You’re not even his girlfriend to act like that.” Barbra raised an eyebrow. “Or are you?”

“No.” Audrey bit her lower lip. After only a couple of dates with the French guy and several exchanged calls, Philippe never hinted that he wanted her to be his girlfriend. She likes him and he may like her too but she just can’t feel it. Maybe he just wanted to be her friend and his first priority is medical school.

Nick and AJ looked at each other when they saw the frustration in their sister’s face. They’d beat the sense out of that guy when they saw him. Philippe is obviously just giving Audrey false hopes that they’d go further than being friends. When Barbra went inside the office, Nick and AJ patted Audrey on the shoulders.

“Guys can be an ass sometimes,” AJ said.

“You’re telling me,” Audrey rolled her eyes.

Nick shakes his head. “Maybe, Philippe is too busy wanting to be a doctor before he gets into a serious relationship.” Oops, wrong statement. AJ smack the back of his head. “Uh, you know, Audrey, you’re so pretty.” He tried again.

“Yeah,” AJ seconded. “It’s our fear, as your brothers, to see you get hurt that’s why we’re protecting you from some lousy men. And besides, you’re still young. You know, finish school first before getting serious with a relationship. Philippe will not be the only guy that will come your way. There are so many fishes in the sea,” he grinned at that. “There’s someone better and truly meant for you.”

Audrey chuckled. “I can’t believe you’re telling me things like that.”

AJ scratched his head. “Yeah. I felt like a girl.”

Nick chuckled. “Listen to AJ, Auddie.” He affectionately ruffled his sister’s hair. They went in the office.

When they got in, Howie and Kevin are already there with Brian and Atty. Laxe. After a few introductions to Barbra, Atty. Laxe called to start the meeting. Everyone sat down on every chair at the long table of the conference room.