- Text Size +

 

 

“Is that real?” Audrey asked pointing to Nick’s eyeglasses.

Nick chuckled and took off his glasses. “Of course not. I just want to look genius during my review classes.” He’s gone straight from his review classes for the bar exams to attend AJ’s launch party. Audrey playfully slapped his arm. “How are you, Auddie?”

“I’m good. I don’t think I’ll get used to the media attention.” They didn’t know how the media got a sort of information about Geoffrey having not only two but also six children, and leaving inheritances for all of them. They’ve been the subject of attention in the society. “I was even offered a modeling contract in which I refused. I want to concentrate on my study first just like what Philippe is doing in Paris. You and AJ are right. I’m still young. There’s still so much to do and so much to explore but being famous in such a way is not part of my agenda.” They turned when Paris Hilton passed them by. “I don’t want to be like her.”

Nick smirked and nodded. He looked around as he wears back his eyeglasses. AJ had so many guests, mostly were close friends. He’s been one of the youngest successful entrepreneurs in California and he planned to invade the entire country with his business ideas. Together with Howie, they will handle business just like the way Geoffrey did when he was alive. At this gathering, AJ’s mother is there too who’s been supportive of her son. Nick saw AJ speaking with his longtime girlfriend, Diane, then walked off to approach Brian and Leighanne.

Brian is very happy about having a support for his mother’s health. He told them after the codicil was read that he wouldn’t even care if he doesn’t get the inheritance he received that day as long as he will secure that there will be a way to help his mother. He and Leighanne are planning to pursue the wedding. He will quit working as a teacher at the end of the school year in Lexington and they will transfer to Chicago to live at the house he inherited from their father. He is planning to start his own school with Leighanne.

Nick turned back to Audrey but found her gone from his side. He’s alone again. He saw Kevin and quickly went to his elder brother. Kristin is standing beside her husband. “Hi. Where’s Koko?” He asked.

The couple laughed. Nick envied their bond and wished that someday he could find someone like Kristin. Maybe if given the chance, he’d like to know Sophia LaCrouix better. She’s may be the one or not but he likes her. He wondered when he will see her again.

“He’s asleep with the nanny at your house.” Kevin replied. He already settled his debts with the bank and enrolled himself in a flying school to pursue his dream to be a pilot. And he may have already inherited millions of dollars, he still chose to stay over at Nick’s house than to buy their own house in California. It wasn’t part of the couple’s plans yet. They already started to get an educational insurance plan for Koko and they are planning to improve their maintenance at the farm to produce better crops. Although Kevin still wanted to remain in his mother’s farm despite the riches he inherited from his father, he has more responsibilities now. But he made sure that he hired the competent people to look over the farm and he will make sure that he will visit it from time to time and monitor it. “Is that real?” Kevin asked about Nick’s eyeglasses.

“No and I won’t take it off for you.” They turned when they heard Howie calling them.

Howie began busying himself with all his preparations for a wedding with Cixi. They were already settled in a beautiful house in LA, the one who was supposed to be bought by Nick but cancelled due to the unplanned trip at Chateau Cordell. By next month, he and AJ will begin their training program at Harvard Business School. He’s still on non-speaking terms with his mother as Lucia Dorough still opposed to his impending marriage with Cixi. He doesn’t care anymore. He is happy with Cixi and he wanted to keep it that way.

Nick stopped in surprise when he saw who’s with Howie and Cixi. It is the person who’s been in his mind for a very long time now. The woman seemed surprised to see him too.

“People, this is my cousin, Sophia LaCrouix.” Howie introduced his special guest. “Sophia, these are my brothers and my sister-in-law: Kevin, Kristin and Nick.”

Sophia smiled at them and shook their hands. When she faced Nick, their eyes met and both blushed. Kevin discreetly excused himself and his wife and so did Howie and Cixi. As the two were left alone, their stares at each other continued. “So Nick is your name and you’re my cousin’s brother.” Sophia started, her head tilted up to him. She never thought he could be this tall. They just looked at each other back in Paris. Her heart beats fast as she finally gets to talk with the man who she only saw across the table at the restaurant.

“Yes, Sophia. It’s nice to finally meet you.” Nick’s heart is beating so fast. They forgot that their hands are still holding each other’s. “This is real, right?” He smiled nervously. From afar, his brothers and sister were watching them.

“I’ve never seen him so speechless and looking so nervous like that before.” AJ said. Audrey agreed. Gone is the brat they once knew. This is the new Nick: the shy one, the thoughtful, humble and compassionate one who now considered others first before himself. He realized what he wanted to do with his life and he will go for it.

“Y-yes.” Sophia whispered in reply. They still never wavered from each other’s stares.

“Sophia…”

“Nick…”

“Will it be weird if I already tell you that I think I’ve fallen in love with you?”

“Will it be weird if I tell you that I felt the same too?” Sophia replied. She gave him that charming smile of hers as her other hand traced his face.

“Oh my God…” Nick pulled her in his arms to envelope her in a warm embrace. He’s just starting to start a new life with his brothers. He felt so fortunate to finally had Sophia and from there, he knew that his journey has already begun.

Chapter End Notes:

THE END

Special Thanks to Erika Canlas, Maureen Chavez, Lorry Lizares, Rosario Santiago, Sarah Encabo for all the great help for the success of my project. Hugs and kisses for you.