- Text Size +

 

 

 

He wondered if this is the right thing to do. His mother told him about his biological father but he never considered him as part of his life. For him, Geoffrey Carter was the famous rich businessman he can only see in the newspapers and business magazines – but never as his father. He had a peaceful life until a lawyer visited him in school and laid out his father’s codicil.

He found it ridiculous. He should live for five months with his five other siblings and after that, he will receive his inheritance. Of course, he needs money but an immensely amount of inheritance from a father he never knew is like asking too much. He grew up accustomed to the simplicity of life. He is scared of what this wealth can bring to him and his family.

Thinking about his family, he remembered his fiancée. They were about to get married but they were forced to reschedule it because of what happened. His girlfriend urged him to go because she knew he needs money to pay for his mother’s hospital bills. He is a high school PE teacher and his salary is not enough to clear the debts. He’s thankful that his girlfriend understands him. Thinking about her now, he realized how he misses her already.

As he looked out at the sights before him, he recalled about what Atty. Kiefer told him about his brothers and sister. There’s the farmer, a businessman, son of a famous actress, the girl from the boarding school and Nick. Everyone knows who Nick is. He had students who have a crush on his half-brother as if he’s the nicest guy on earth when he’s full of mischief up on his sleeve. He couldn’t blame it if Nick is uh, good-looking but he doesn’t think that he can set a good example to anyone who got a crush on him. It doesn’t matter if he graduated with honors at Harvard. He’s still the most stupid guy for Brian. He’s hoping that things won’t be hard for him for five months. He needs to get through this and go back home.

With a sigh, Brian looked at the window of the cab when the driver announced that they reached Chateau Cordell. It was like a miniature of Palace Versailles. He whistled in awe at the magnificence of it. Geoffrey Carter is – no wonder – a multi-billionaire.

“Are you going to stay there?” the driver asked in hard English. “Monsieur?”

Brian turned to the driver and paid him. “Uh, yeah, but the place is not mine. I was just invited. Merci.” The driver nodded and smiled as Brian went out of the car and gathered his things. He knew that passing through those gates is like entering a new chapter in his life.



~~~



“Hey.”

He turned around when he heard the greeting thrown his way. He smiled at the flight attendant he recently acquainted with during the long flight to Paris. The smile turned into a naughty grin when he remembered what happened last night at the plane’s lavatory. He was not the adventurous type but the woman made it hard for him to resist her. He had the quickest quickie – if there’s such a word in the dictionary to describe what happened.

“Where will you be staying?” the blonde flight attendant asked him. She even playfully touched his short curly hair.

“Chateau Cordell. Did you know where it is?”

“Oh, you are not just a naughty boy but a special one. I was born here. I know where it is. That’s a very big estate.” Their lips met in one heated kiss. “Are you a Latin prince?” She giggled.

“No.” He kissed her again. “Listen, I have to go. If you’re taking me there, fine. I need to go now.”

“Unfortunately, I can’t go with you.” The uniformed woman glanced at her colleagues who were now on their way out of the arrival area. “I need to prepare for a flight later after five hours. It’s been nice meeting you. The sex was amazing.” She winked at him, kissed him once again and then left.

He drew a deep breath as he watched her go. Yes, the sex was indeed amazing. That woman knows what to give. He shakes his head. He had to clear his mind now. In a few hours, he will meet his brothers and he will start his five-month torment with them today. If it were not only for the money, he wouldn’t be here in the first place. He doesn’t care if his father was one of the richest men in the world. He is happy with his own peaceful life until that day when a lawyer personally came knocking on the front door of his apartment in San Juan, Puerto Rico and told him about Geoffrey Carter’s codicil. He needed money to start a business he’s been planning about and this is the easiest way to do it. Five months aren’t that long. It will be over before they will even know it.

Howie picked up his luggage. He already solved his problem with money and he began to think about the other people he will be living with for five months. He’s going to live with four other brothers and a sister. He doesn’t know what to expect from them – except for Nick. He didn’t have a hard time researching about him on the internet. His half-brother had enough publicity to put in a book and publish it. It’d probably bring him millions, more than what he probably already had. It was like an obligation for Nick to be in the news per week. The latest one was when he graduated with flying colors in Harvard. It surprised Howie. The spoiled brat got something in his head other than partying and drinking hard.

As Howie hailed a cab outside the airport, he wished that he wouldn’t have a hard time dealing with the famous brat. All he wanted is peace and his inheritance.