- Text Size +
"So... tell me again about this interview I'm doing?" Howie chuckled as Stephanie placed her cell phone on the end table. He had no problem doing one, especially since it was for his charity, but he also knew something was up his girlfriend's sleeve.

"You know how your sister's been working with that nursing magazine to promote your foundation?" Stephanie explained as she pulled Howie onto the couch, wasting no time in making him wrap his arms around her.

"Yeah, they've been doing an awesome job," Howie nodded, kissing the back of her head.

"She's only been working with one writer, y'know?"

"Okay..."

"Hasn't your sister mentioned it?"

"All she tells me is that she and the writer are taking care of it for me. I haven't heard anything else about it until now."

"Her name's Ana."

"Baby, you're going to have to help me out here," Howie shrugged helplessly.

"Ana used to live in Minnesota. Then she went to college for nursing and journalism and moved to New York to live. We've kept in touch, but not much. Brian was looking through that nursing magazine and saw her name. So, I thought of her and had to call. She's the one that's doing all the DLF work. The one that's going to interview you later."

"Oh! You've talked about her before," Howie nodded in remembrance.

"No one would ever know you acted like Nick behind the camera..." Stephanie snickered.

"Hey--"

"I love you?" Stephanie leaned back and began kissing his jaw line.

"I love you, too, but--"

"But what?"

"There's something you're not telling me."

"What do you mean?" she asked innocently.

"You know exactly what I mean," Howie warned, keeping his lips just mere centimeters away from hers.

"You can't tell Brian. I want it to be a surprise," Stephanie whispered, aching for a kiss. They were like a drug, and sometimes she just couldn't get enough.

"Why?" he questioned, leaning backward as she moved forward.

"Because..."

"Because?"

"Because Ana is the girl Brian met in the park and at the party."

"He met a girl?"

"That girl Nick was talking about to give Brian a hard time? The bangin' woman with dangerous curves, as Nick so aptly called her?"

"Oh, gotcha!"

"Sometimes I worry about you--"

"At least she's worrying about someone else for a change," Brian's mutter interrupted the potential lovemaking as he stalked back for the kitchen.

Stephanie clenched her jaw and exhaled through her teeth. "He's never going to forgive me."

"You did what was right," Howie reminded her.

"Yeah..." She ran a hand through her long locks, glancing out the large window.

"It'll be okay, Stephie."

"I hope so," She curled into a ball and buried her face in his chest. It always felt safe in his arms.

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

"Then don't get so upset."

"I can't help it, Brian--"

"Will find his way."

"He'll--"

"Forgive you."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because I know Brian."

"But--"

"How about we take a bath to relax before the interview?"

"Are you going to love on me too?"

"If you want--"

"Always!" Stephanie invited, reaching to pull him up by the shirt.

"I guess I should suggest this more often," Howie chuckled as they ran into their private bathroom and locked the door.


~*~*~*~*~


Ana smiled with honest triumph as she reached forward to end the tape recording. Tossing it into her messenger bag, she then folding up her notebook and pen, she tossed those in as well. Glancing toward Howie, she offered her hand. She had spent the last hour with the man going over his history with starting DLF. It would give a humanist perspective on her article. And she couldn't help but grin toward Stephanie with a look of sheer appreciation. "Thank you so much for the interview. You can't imagine how much this has helped me."

"It's no problem. Thank you for writing this article in the first place... the more people know about it all, the better," Howie smiled. Ana was a very charming woman and he could see why Stephanie was friends with her.

"Sorry I came here in rags though. Stephanie didn't give me any choice in the matter," Ana apologized once more, gesturing down to her faded and torn, flared blue jeans and gray racerback tank top. Her dark blonde curls were tossed into a high ponytail as the flyaways were secured by a pair of sunglasses, though it looked as if it were about to storm.

"You look better in regular clothes!" Stephanie objected from the kitchen, grinning.

"Like she knows, she hasn't seen me in forever, nor has she seen me in professional attire," Ana scoffed with a playful roll of her eyes.

"I have, too! In the magazine you look all stuffy in that zoot suit thing," Stephanie retorted, coming out with two bottles of water and a bottle of Pepsi.

"Zoot suit?"

"It sounded good in my head," Stephanie shrugged as she handed Ana the Pepsi.

"Thank you," Ana politely replied, taking the Pepsi and cracking open the top. She took a long, hearty gulp before reaching for her messenger bag. "It was honestly wonderful meeting you, Mr. Dorough. But I should be going. I don't want to waste any more of your time."

"Please, call me Howie."

"Alright, but I still think I should go--"

"After you just got here?" Stephanie whined, searching furiously for any signs of Brian. As soon as Ana had arrived, it seemed as if the men had dispersed, though Stephanie knew that if Brian had known, he would have been here. Somewhere.

"Did I mention her whining just kills me?" Ana suggested toward Howie.

"No, but I do know what you mean," Howie chuckled.

"No bonding over my flaws!" Stephanie warned.

"But it's oh-so-much-fun, Cocci--"

"Cocci?" Howie questioned.

"Oh, let her explain this one," Stephanie mused, collapsing on Howie's lap.

"No thanks," Ana answered, sliding the messenger bag over her shoulder.

"Aw come on, CT! Please?"

"When I was taking Microbiology, we had to name stupid specific bacterias. One is called Staphlococci... So, it kind of transferred into Stephlococci. Then Cocci..." Ana explained with a soft blush.

"I love that nickname," Stephanie smiled.

"She's nuts."

"But I love her," Howie reminded Ana.

"I know, but I really should be going," Ana answered, nodding toward Howie and Stephanie. "It was great to see you again, Cocci. Call me again." Turning, she moved toward the door, not expecting it to open as she fell backward.

"Holy shit, I'm sorry!" Brian cursed, leaning down to help the woman. "Wait a minute... Ana?!"

"Do you always have to land me on my ass?" Ana groaned in shock.

"I'm sorry!" Brian grasped her hands and got her up on her feet.

"No more throwing me to the floor. My health insurance doesn't cover a broken tail bone--"

"It won't happen again... what are you doing here?"

"I was interviewing Howie for the article I'm doing on DLF..." Ana explained softly, taking a step back as she released his hands.

"Oh. I knew I would see you again, but I didn't expect it to be here..."

"You knew you'd see me again?" she questioned with confusion, noticing Howie pulling Stephanie into their hotel room.

"No, not like that... I'm not a stalker. I meant, you know Polly and so do I... no wait... I--"

"I forgot how cute you are," Ana laughed.

"Does that make up for me acting like an idiot just now?"

"I think it's the idiocy that makes you cute," Ana promised with a sweet smile, reaching to brush her fingers against the side of his cheek. "I couldn't stop thinking about you..."

"I couldn't stop thinking about you, either... I kicked myself every night after that for not getting your number," Brian gently took her hand into his.

"I could have kicked you, too," Ana teased good-naturedly, glancing toward their intertwined fingers. It had definitely been a chance encounter. First meeting under complete hostility only to leave him with a kiss on the second. Now, the third, her good friend was dating one of his good friends. What were the chances? Honestly?

"Now I can make up for it... do you want to do something?"

"What would you want to do?" Ana inquired, not ready for the door to the suite to come flying open once more. Meeting Brian's backside, the door caused him to fly forward against her. She was crushed against him as three men came hurrying inside. Blushing furiously when they stopped to gaze at her with confusion, she shyly waved. "I better go."

"IT'S THE BANGING CHICK!" Nick exclaimed.

"Oh Lord..." Brian covered his eyes as Ana's widened.

"Banging chick?" Ana questioned in confusion.

"That day in the park... I didn't know, but Nick followed me and hid in the bushes. He saw you..."

"Cute..." Ana murmured.

"We're still trying to reprogram him, but there's some kinks--"

"Hey!"

"It's nice to meet you, Nick," Ana stated otherwise with a smile.

"Umm... uh..."

"You're supposed to say 'Nice to meet you, too' dumbass," AJ whispered.

"Nice to meet you too, dumbass."

"No!"

"What?!"

"Nick, you are such a damn dumbass--"

"And you must be AJ?" Ana interrupted, still smiling.

"The one and only!" AJ piped, reaching to give her a warm hug.

"I knew I was right," Ana chuckled, patting his back as they parted. "But, as I was telling Brian, I should go--"

"Lord no! Stay!" AJ invited warmly.

"Are you sure?"

"She said she was busy, guys," Kevin discouraged suddenly, carefully eyeing the entire situation. Though, what he was concentrating on was Brian's loving gaze upon Ana. He could only remember the bandages beneath the man's shirtsleeves, knowing he wasn't ready for another relationship.

"Yeah, I... I should go..." Ana trailed off, feeling a bad vibe from Kevin's gaze upon her.

"No, wait," Nick insisted.

"No, I really should go. Brian, you can ask Cocci for my number if you want it. And it was nice meeting you all," Ana slid down her sunglasses and walked out the door.

"What was that..." AJ trailed in bewilderment as he heard the distant rumble of thunder.

"She had to go. What does it matter?" Kevin replied as he walked into the kitchen.

"Didn't you like her?" Howie questioned as he popped out of his room.

"Does it matter if I did?" Kevin retorted.

"I meant Brian..."

"Yeah, I like her... why?"

"Then why did you let her leave?!"

"'Cause she said she had to go..." Brian trailed, the foyer flickering with a burst of lightning.

"Go with her!"

"Excuse me?"

"Go with her! Get to know her!" Stephanie piped up from behind Howie.

"She didn't tell me to go--"

"That means she wants you to! Brian, go get her!"

"How does that possibly--"

"Brian, you need laid," AJ groaned, pushing him toward the door.

"But I'm not looking for--"

"GO!"

"Would you stop pressuring him?" Kevin growled.

"Damn, what's up your ass?" Nick blurted, glancing at the older man. "We're trying to help!"

"He needs to stay here with us," Kevin insisted, gesturing toward the living room. "Let's go, Brian. We'll order dinner."

"Kevin--"

"If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, you'll go after her," Stephanie interjected.

"I'm going after her," Brian headed for the door.

Kevin groaned. "Brian there are tons of fans--"

"She parked a block out from the back of the building," Stephanie answered with a grin.

Brian smiled back, opening the door. "Thanks, Steph."

"Hurry," she insisted with a squeal.

Nodding enthusiastically, Brian hurried out of the hotel suite, deciding to take the stairs instead of the elevator. He took them as fast as he possibly could, not worried about the aching muscles in his chest as he took flight by flight. Sprinting when he hit the first floor, he raced toward the back door, never bothering to warn security. Instead, he burst into the already pouring rain, noticing a huddled figure crossing the grass to an expensive car. "ANA!" Brian screamed at the top of his lungs, over the thunder, his heart pounding as he ran. Never expecting to trip and send her falling backward into a puddle when she turned.

"BRIAN!"

"Umm... oops?" Brian offered a shy grin as the rain continued to pour down on them.

"What happened to never sending me down on my ass again?" she growled with disbelief, attempting to wipe the mud from her face.

"I'm sorry, I tripped! I didn't mean to... God, this was not how I pictured this..."

"And how did you picture this made-for-TV-moment?" she questioned, realizing he was straddling her as she leaned to spit muddy water from her mouth.

"More like... me running to sweep you into my arms gracefully before leaving with you?" Brian leaned down to help her wipe away the mud.

"Well, you slammed me in a mudhole."

"I know, I'm really sorry--"

"It's okay," she laughed, reaching to grasp his damp shirt, pulling him down so he was splattered in mud.

"Your philosophy is 'Payback's a bitch'... isn't it?" he groaned, feeling the mud soak into his shirt.

"Or maybe I just like you dirty?" she purred against the side of his face.

"Oh yeah?" he smirked as she kissed a clean spot on his cheek.

"It sounded good to me," she agreed, nipping that same spot before sucking to leave a passionate mark.

"Can... can we head to your place?"

"My place?" Ana questioned with surprise, leaning back into the mud. "What are we going to do there?"

"Get out of the rain? And get to know each other better?"

"Are you suggesting--"

"Nothing bad! I just want to spend time with you."

"Well... That's a shame..." Ana sighed, moving to pull herself out from under him.

"What? What do you mean?"

"Nothing," she promised, reaching for the grass as leverage.

"Now wait a damn minute," Brian grabbed her hips and brought her back down, their eyes locked.

"Brian!" she squealed in shock as he imprinted her back into the mud.

"I'm really attracted to you, Anastacia Lord. I have been since I first... well, since I first ran into you," Brian positioned himself over her. "I'm trying to be completely honest and I'm not expecting anything out of tonight. I just want to see where fate takes us."

"You're leaving this up to fate?"

"Yes, I am."

"Then, how about you let me up so we can leave?"


~*~*~*~*~


"Don't mind my house. I'm hardly ever home, so it's an absolute mess. And when I'm home, all I'm doing is sleeping," Ana warned as she unlocked her front door and pushed it open carefully. Stepping inside, she immediately removed her dirt caked shoes and then ducked to help Brian with his. Once they were off, she waded in her soaked jeans to find the light switch, flooding lights into her cozy home. Brian wasn't surprised to find it in a state of disarray, seeming to match her personality perfectly. Her rooms were trimmed in purples, blues, and greens. Sweet and homey with a variety of medical books, fictional books, CDs, and DVDs and their accompanied systems cluttering the home. "I know it ain't that nice--"

"Nope. It's perfect and I like it," Brian smiled as she stumbled through the mess to find them some dry clothes.

"You're definitely leaving this to fate then," she guessed with a laugh, finally locating a basket of unfolded, clean clothing. Rooting around, she located two pairs of sweat pants, two t-shirts, and some boxers. "You want to get cleaned up in the bathroom and I'll use the sink in the kitchen?"

"Sure," Brian grabbed his respected clothes and went into the bathroom. He quickly pulled off his jeans, socks and boxers to lay them over the shower rod and then slipped into the clean items. He looked at the t-shirt and then his wrists for a moment. Sighing, he took off the long sleeved shirt and cleaned the mud off.

Wetting a rag beneath steamy water, Brian assessed his skin for patches of caked mud. He scrubbed furiously to rid the evidence of his mistake, but only found the remaining evidence of his past mistakes. Dark lines tainted his skin and he had to resist the urge to gag. Hurriedly slipping on the boxers and sweat pants, he reached for his still damp long sleeved shirt. He couldn't show her those things. She'd run.

Slipping the shirt back on, Brian came out of the bathroom and didn't see Ana anywhere. Figuring she was still in the kitchen, he quietly padded down the hallway and heard water running.

Sure enough, Ana was poised on the counter beside her sink, her bare legs stuffed in her sink. She was scrubbed furiously to rid the dirt, her boxers hiked up high upon her thighs. Her dark blonde curls were wrapped in a high, messy bun and she had the t-shirt bunched over her thin frame. She was adorable as she poked the tip of her tongue out of the side of her mouth in silent concentration.

"Need some help?" Brian spoke up after admiring her for a long moment.

"With mud?" she questioned, immediately gripping the lip of the sink to keep her from falling to the ground.

"Either that or making sure you don't fall," he quickly walked over and helped her steady.

"Didn't my shirt fit you?" she questioned with a thankful smile, reaching to continue washing her legs. "I thought my boobs would have stretched it out--"

"I'm a little cold, so I'm just going to wear this. Thank you for the boxers and pants, though."

"But that's still wet, so you'd be warmer in a t-shirt--"

Brian silenced her with a kiss, hoping to get her mind off his shirt. "Thank you, but I'm fine."

"Alright," she trailed in surprise, leaning back. "I can't even get you a sweatshirt?"

"Let's get you cleaned up first," he grabbed the cloth and began helping her.

"That could be so damn kinky if it wasn't for the Bible Boy helping me," she teased lightly, using a fresh washcloth to wipe the remaining grime from her face. She then scrubbed her arms as Brian worked on her legs, feeling his fingers lightly trace against her thighs.

"I'm not as innocent as everyone thinks," he rolled his eyes with a chuckle, leaning over to nibble on her neck for a moment as he continued to clean her legs.

"Oh really?" she inquired with a soft giggle, casting her cloth aside once her arms were a creamy peach color again.

"Really," he whispered against her skin, throwing the other cloth behind him and hefting Ana into his arms.

"Where are you taking me?" she squealed in surprise.

"I should have asked first... where's your bedroom?"

"Upstairs and last door on your right--"

Brian broke her directions with a hard kiss as he carried her up the stairs. Following the long hallway, he reached the last door on his right and kicked it open. Proceeding into her cluttered bedroom, he laid her down upon the unmade bed. Wasting no time, he covered her body with his, finding the curve of her neck. "Is it okay?"

"Is what okay?" she whispered, arching against him in surprise.

"Your door."

"I'm sure you didn't break it," she laughed softly, though it quickly turned into a moan as he reached her spot.

"What about this?" he inquired when he felt her shudder.

"You should already know that answer," she sighed.

"I'm sorry... it's been awhile since--"

"We don't have to do this if you don't--"

"I do! I just don't want to disappoint you."

"Disappoint me?" she laughed softly. "I have nothing to compare you to."

Brian stopped and looked down at her in surprise. "...Are you a virgin?"

"...Yes..." she trailed softly.

"And you want me to be your first?"

"I haven't stopped you, have I?"

"Well, no--"

"If you don't want to be my first that's fine--"

"No, I do! I just wanted to make sure that it's what you want, too."

"I want to," she promised, bringing him down for a soft kiss. She had never been more sure of anything in her life. He began to relax, his hands roaming up and down her smooth body.

"It's been awhile for you?" she guessed softly, feeling his hesitant touches.

"Yeah... I'm sorry if I--"

"You're doing just fine, sweetheart. Don't be nervous."

"How is it that the virgin is consoling me?"

"Because I've watched a lot of porno?" she teased, hoping for a laugh when she reached to remove his shirt. That is, till he firmly caught her wrists, scaring her slightly. "What'd I do?"

"You... you don't want to do that..." he shook his head.

"Why?" she questioned, attempting to pull her wrists away from his vice like grip.

"You'll be disgusted."

"Why?" she repeated, moving to sit up.

"I did some things that I'm ashamed of... I don't want to scare you."

"Then we don't..." Ana cooed softly when she noticed the heavy tears making a trail down his face. Reaching over, she brushed a few tears away with her thumb. "We don't have to do this, Brian. I'm sorry."

"I want to be intimate with you... more than anything... I just..."

"I don't understand what I did wrong..."

"No, no, no, it's nothing you did," Brian quickly reassured her, wiping his face. He took a shaky breath and pulled off his shirt.

"Brian..." Ana trailed, her breath turning into a sharp gasp when she realized what he was talking above. His arms were filled with numerous amounts of scratches, each varying in length and depth. His wrists were bandaged tightly, so she knew those were the freshest. Tears immediately gathered in her eyes as she leaned to kiss his cheek. "I'm sorry."

"I... I thought if you saw these... you wouldn't want to pursue anything with me... they're so ugly..." Brian sniffled, knuckling some tears away.

"It's not like that," Ana disagreed, reaching to run her fingers lightly along his arms. "They'll heal..."

"You're not freaked out by them?"

"Should I be?"

"No, but I thought--"

"I'm attracted to you, Brian Littrell. You went through a hard time and now you're finally beginning to heal. I find that even more endearing."

"Ana--"

"Everyone has their share of scars. Yours are just on the outside," she whispered, leaning to gently kiss his shoulder.

"Ana," Brian whimpered.

"You don't like this?" she inquired softly, dropping her kisses to his upper arm.

"I do... more than anything..."

"Do you want me to stop?"

"No..."

"Are you sure?" she promised as she nibbled against the crook of his elbow.

"Yes."

"You'll tell me to stop if you don't--"

"Don't stop... please, Ana."

"Okay," she promised, raining her kisses along his forearm. Then, turning to face his palm upward, she kissed the very center. Smiling up at him, she nipped his fingers then moved to kiss his chest. Across his collarbone, her tongue flicked rapidly, starting the same trail of kisses against his opposite shoulder.

Brian moaned softly at her gentle kisses, nips and touches. It had been so long since he had been intimate with a woman, and he was so thankful that it was with Ana.

"You enjoying this?" she inquired softly as she guided his arms around her shoulders. Leaning close, she whispered his name softly before greeting his lips with her own.

"So much," he whispered between kisses, gently pushing her back onto the bed.

"Just don't leave New York without saying goodbye," she suggested hopefully, taking a deep breath as his hands slid underneath her shirt.

"I won't, I promise," he caressed her soft skin for a moment before pulling her shirt off.

"I can handle being a fling. Just don't forget to say goodbye," she told him as she held her breath, not knowing how he'd comment her body.

"You're more than just a fling to me... God, you're so beautiful..."

Ana blushed crimson as his thumbs hooked in her boxers. "Brian--"

"You're beautiful, Ana. Flawless in every way," Brian leaned down and kissed her, swiftly pulling her boxers off and throwing them onto the floor.

"And you were just so ready to throw me out of the park," Ana laughed with the irony, feeling his erection beneath his sweatpants as he laid over her.

"A run-in with fate can change a person for the better," Brian smiled.

"We're talking about four run-ins," she reminded him, reaching for the tie of his sweatpants

"Okay... replace 'a' with 'four'," he chuckled, helping her peel the pants off.

"When do you leave New York?" she asked softly, reaching inside his boxers to gently stroke his warming erection.

"In... oh God... in about two... two weeks," he moaned, shuddering in pure joy from her touch.

"So, I have you for two weeks?" Ana repeated, chewing on her bottom lip as she eased his boxers down.

"Physically, yes. But I would like to stay in touch..."

"By phone?" she guessed as he fell between her legs, poised at the tip of her entrance. "As friends?"

"Phone, email, letters. Everything."

"Okay," she promised softly. He smiled and leaned down to kiss her, carefully pushing himself inside at the same time.

"Wait..." Ana warned once he was positioned within her, grasping his shoulders to keep him from moving. Slowly, she moved beneath him to become accommodated to his length and thickness. She wasn't prepared for the pain he brought, nor aware of the tears slicking down her wet cheeks.

"I'm sorry, Baby. Do you want me to stop?" Brian kissed away her tears. The last thing he wanted to do was cause her pain.

"No," she whispered softly, feeling a sharp tear from within. "I'm okay. Just slow, please?"

"I will, I promise." he kept his word and began to slowly move in and out.

"Oh God," she murmured with a soft moan, digging her nails into his back for leverage.

"Ana... baby..." was all he could say, kissing her collarbone as he continued his gentle pace.

"A little faster," she requested with a sweet pant, arching against him to send his erection deeper into her core. It relinquished a soft whimper from deep inside her. Her lips feverishly seeking out his for a thankful kiss.

"Mmm," he moaned into her mouth, picking up his speed but not too much. There were feelings rushing through him that he had never felt with any other woman.

"Stay with me tonight?" she hoped with a heavy whimper.

"Tonight and every night I can," he sealed his promise with a kiss, connecting them in ways only Heaven could describe.