- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to Carter for spending some time to read my stories and here is Chapter 2 for everyone. Hope you like it and yes, reviews are always highly appreciated. Thanks!
It wasn't long before the five of them found themselves lost in the midst of darkness. Strange. Just like in a horror movie, the sudden drop in temperature was a torment. It was like being trapped naked in a glass room filled with ice. The walls reverberated with fears that the more they tried to break free from the grip, the more they felt suffocated in it.

Wished they had not made that decision but what other choice do they have. Stay and wait for help that might never come or leave to find a way out with the possibility of danger still awaiting ahead for them with open arms. Either way, they will have to bear all the consequences and sad enough to say, none seemed to be in their favour.

"Guys... say something will ya?" Asked Nick as he hated the prolonged silence.

"Like what Nick?" Howie asked in his tired voice.

"Anything dude! Just anything!" Nick replied impatiently.

"Alright, alright! I've got one now. How about this... I wanna sex you up... I want to sex you up... all night girl you make me feel good... I want to sex you up" Sang AJ followed by a group laugh.

"Corny you!" Brian giggled as he shook his head.

"Well... at least I said something or maybe Brian... you wanna do some striptease here?" Teased AJ he turned to Brian.

"Hell no! Count me out for the Full Monty!" Laughed Brian.

"Wanna do it D?" Asked AJ as he walked up to Howie.

"What?"

"You know the Full Monty thingy! Wanna do it? Oh come on D! There's nobody on this road!" Laughed AJ.

"You're nuts!" Screeched Howie as he pretended to run away from AJ.

"Kevin-"

"No! Come any closer and you're gonna see a flying flashlight dude!" Threatened Kevin as he showed his flashlight.

"Nick?"

"No way! I can't believe it... you can still think about sex in this kind of situation... man! Where have you been?" Teased Nick.

"Well... nothing its not a surprise especially when it comes from him!" Said Kevin from behind.

"Funny!" AJ ignored the teases and the laughter. He was flashing his lights across the road when suddenly he stopped and shone his lights deep into the woods. In a split second, a picture of the same wild thing that attacked them earlier on came into his mind. His hands were trembling and his legs were shaking so hard that he couldn't even bring himself to move a step forward. He wanted to scream but something was holding on to his voice. The sudden thud of his flashlight on the ground alerted the others especially Kevin who was walking in front of him.

"Dude! Hey man! What's wrong?" Asked Kevin when he saw pieces of the broken flashlight scattered on the ground.

"I... I.. fine. I'm fine." AJ said as he cleared his throat.

"Yeah right! You almost scared me to death you know that!" groaned Nick from behind. The loud thud startled him, almost making his heart to skip a beat.

"What's wrong with you man? You look awful! You look as if you've seen a gho-" Brian elbowed Howie even before he could finish his sentence.

"Don't you have anything better to say D? If you don't then shut the hell up. No G word late at night, that's a rule." A pang of sarcasm from Brian as he gave Howie one kind of a look before he turned to AJ. "You alright there bro? Want this?" Brian offered a bottle of plain water which he brought along with him since the moment they decided to join AJ in exploring the dark and empty road.

AJ shook his head as he carved a weak smile giving assurance to Brian that everything will be fine. Brian took his signal well and walked up to Howie while Nick decided to stick with Kevin.

"You sure you're alright?" Kevin asked in a half whispering mannered.

"I'm alright... I'm fine..." AJ said as he let out a heavy sigh before he turned to Kevin. He wished he could confide in Kevin knowing that Kevin would believe him this time but what is he supposed to say? That he saw something in the woods. That would only make the whole thing even more complicated.

"You know what Kev... I don't feel too good about this" the whole thing just sucks you know that! We shouldn't even be here right now." Nick whispered.

"Oh come on dude! We've been going through this just now and don't get it started coz I totally have no more energy to argue with you." Continued Kevin as he steadied his steps.

Nick stopped himself from saying further. Its not that he wanted to whine but that was the only way for him to release the tension building up inside. If given a choice, he would rather scream than to keep his mouth shut. At least the whole place would not be too creepy in the deadly silence.

"Come on Nick! I'm sure everything will be fine... we will find the way out." Assured Kevin.

"I am so waiting for that Kev!" Chuckled Nick as he smirk.

"You think Jay has seen a ghost just now?" Asked Howie nervously as he shone the lights down to the ground.

"Why do you keep asking me the same thing D? I said I don't know... you heard it yourself he said he's alright, he's fine! He didn't mention anything about ghost, now stop talking about it will ya!" Said Brian sharply.

"You know what Bri... old folks used to say that woods are among the best places where evil spirits are found roaming around searching for their victims... and these evil spirits are so evil that they could kill anyone in the most meanest and horrifying ways." Whispered Howie.

"Really? Now look... I am not trying to be rude here but if that was supposed to comfort me then all I have to say is that... its not working bro!"

"Well... I'm just trying-"

"No! Next time... don't even try alright...just... just keep it to yourself will do." Said Brian as he faked a smile at Howie before he turned away and shook his head lightly. Who would have thought that they would land themselves in such a pathetic state. To walk endlessly in a road for more than an hour was no longer an impossible task for them, where deaths could just be anywhere around the corner. Brian was not hoping for death but judging from the way he looked at things, they couldn't possibly run away from it. Nobody does anyway, he thought.

"We are not going to die in here right?" Nick asked out of the blue. His voice was not shaking but they could sense fears in it.

"What the fuck are you talking about now Nick? Of course we will get out of this fucking place in one piece alright... we will be safe." AJ said.

"That's right Nick! We will definitely find the way out! We are doing great so far by sticking together and I don't see why we can't do that now." Supported Brian.

"Well... glad to hear that... but...if... if anything should happen to me, at least I'm happy that we are together as a group."

"Wait a second! Are you happy that we are here as a group or are you happy that you will die with us as a group? Clarify that please Carter?" Asked Howie.

"Well... I'll take the second option then." Howie gave him a stare while AJ grinned at him. "Fine! I was just kidding alright! Man! If we can't make it by tomorrow... I wonder what the headlines would be like... 'After 3 years of hiatus, The Backstreet Boys went mysteriously missing after recording their new album' how about that?" Nick giggled thinking how funny the media could be sometimes.

"Or maybe...'Missing Again' after 3 years of hiatus, the boys went M.I.A and can you imagine the thousands of calls they will get to confirm this statement. Wow! A phenomenon! Johnny is so gonna love the crowd!" Joked Howie.

"Yeah right guys! What a way to make a comeback!" Said Brian as he kicked a few small pebbles off the side road.

"Or how about this... 'Backstreet Boys were found dead in the middle of the road of nowhere?." Nick stopped giggling. Howie stopped laughing and Brian stopped smiling as they turned and gave AJ an icy stares. Realising that he had made such a blunt joke, AJ simply entertained himself by whistling and walked a few steps away from the trio.

"Or maybe... 'Boys escaped possible death, saved by a kind driver.'" Interrupted Kevin as he pointed to the approaching lights.

"Oh my God! Oh my God! We are saved! We are finally saved!" Cried Brian as he gave a loud laugh with tears flooding his eyes.

"Yes! We are saved! We are saved! We are saved dude!" Cried Nick with joys as he kissed AJ on his forehead.

"Fuck you! Do that again and I'm gonna slaughter you man!" Moaned AJ as he cleaned his forehead. Nick was about to grab Howie when Howie threatened to swing his flashlight at Nick's direction. Brian was too overjoyed that he was speechless. All he did was hug his best friend and later followed by a group hug.

"I can't believe this! We are finally saved man!" Cried Nick as they waited anxiously for the car to come by their way.

"The only trick is that... never give up easily." Said Kevin as he smiled at them.

"Looks like I'm gonna have a long warm shower after this!" Said Howie in anxiety.

"And I'm gonna have a long, long rest after this... been such a long, long day for me." Said Brian as he smiled out to them.

Their celebrations somehow was short-lived, when they realised that the car or whatsoever the vehicle was has stopped moving followed by a loud and continuous horn from afar.

"Oh what now?" Uttered Kevin as he decided to run up to the said vehicle.

"Oh fuck!" Groaned AJ.

"Oh shit!" Said Nick as he was right behind AJ.

"Oh great!" Moaned Brian followed by Howie.

"Oh crap!" Muttered Howie. "Guys! Wait up!"